Chapter 33


“He called me once he dropped you off at the airport. He sounded terrible.”


“Well, I kept saying I forgave him. Still sweet that he told you to buy me flowers.”


“He told me to order them, he thought maybe you were going home home. I didn’t wreck the surprise, I’m sure he’ll know you’re coming here before he’s done.”


“Yeah, I’ll tell him I’m flying in the day before he does, just to give me cover for beating him here,” Jenn said. 


“We’ll have to come clean at some point. I think he’ll be very confused when I show up to the wedding rehearsal.”


“I’ll tell him once he’s here. Like ‘Merry Christmas, your assistant is my new bestie’.”


“Maybe NOT that way, but ok,” Angela laughed. 


“Well, shall we get started on bestie fest?” Jenn joked. 


“Yup, you’re the perfect match for Justin…”


They put pizza rolls in the oven, heated up nacho cheese dip, and opened up a box of Oreos. 


“Junk food is ready, let’s find a cheesy movie to watch!” Jenn announced. 


They had a blast watching dumb movies and eating as much junk food as they could. They both crashed on the couches. 


In the morning, Jenn made coffee for Angela and tea for herself. 


“What tea do you like, in case Justin ever makes me get something for you?”


“I love a good Earl Grey,” Jenn sighed, sipping her tea. “Though I do love a white hot chocolate with vanilla, too, if I’m splurging.”


“Mental note made.  What’s on the agenda today?” Angela asked. 


“Well, I can continue to eat junk food and make my super sweet French toast with whipped cream and powdered sugar.”


“Sounds amazing!”


“Then more cheesy movies and TV while we wait for deliveries?”


“What else do besties do?”


“I’d say talk about boys, but mine is your boss… not sure what’s fair game on that.”


“Trash talk exes?” Angela suggested. 


“Perfect! I’ve got some doozies!”


“Don’t we all? Ugh, men.”


Jenn went to making breakfast. As they ate they told relationship war stories. 


“So he tells me ‘I’m not going anywhere’, then when he dumps me he says ‘I meant I wasn’t moving or anything’. Like DUDE, you know what you said and how I’d take it. You just wanted to stay in my pants.” Jenn grumbled. 


“I dated a guy who wanted an ‘open’ relationship, but didn’t tell me about the three other girls he was sleeping with.” Angela complained. 


“God, men are so stupid.” Jenn huffed. 


“You’ve got a good one now. You know I’m not just saying that cause he’s my boss.”


“Yeah. Doesn’t mean he’s not stupid, last night was proof of that. But it was kinda cute seeing him so apologetic and everything; he knew he messed up and was truly and deeply sorry.”


“I know I get to experience things no one else can because of going with him to certain things, but what was your big ‘wow’ moment, where you had to pinch yourself?”


“Ok, I’d say going to the Edison premiere, being on his arm with all the cameras. This is definitely the alcohol talking, but the first time we, you know, wow. Like, I was thinking ‘how is this my life’?”


“I won’t ask about the second, but the first sounds fascinating.”


“I was given a designer dress to wear, jewelry to borrow. Hair and makeup, then a giant cocktail party with tons of famous people before watching a movie with them.  It was surreal for sure.”


“You guys were best friends when you were younger, right? What’s the same or different between then and now?” Angela asked. 


“Oooh, a great question. Honestly a lot is the same. Funny, cute as hell, driven, hard working. Guess the big difference is the money. I mean, he wasn’t broke growing up, but nowhere near what he has now. I remember when he bought his Mercedes. He was trying to live up to his celebrity status and image, but still just Justin to me…”


“Were you an *NSYNC fan?” Angela asked. 


“Wasn’t everyone? I didn’t let him see that side of me cause I wanted him to still be my best friend, and didn't want the fame to change anything between us. But yeah, I bought like five of every album, had all the merch, went to every concert I could afford. You?”


“Oh yeah. Posters all over my wall, spent all my money on merch, got teased by my friends.”


“Who was your favorite?” Jenn asked cautiously. 


“Chris. He’s such a goofball but the man behind the group.”


“Would you want to be paired with him at the wedding?”

 

“WHAT?!”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj