Chapter 32


Jenn woke up the next morning and took advantage of Justin’s gym to blow off some steam. A long run on the treadmill helped clear her head. She texted Angela with her flight info, going back to New York in a few hours. She took a shower, got dressed, and packed her bag. 


Not trying to be quiet, Justin woke up to her closing drawers. 


“Jenn, you leaving already?” he asked groggily. 


“No, but I figure I’ll pack, eat breakfast, and go to the airport early. Don’t wanna miss my flight.”


“Jenn, about last night…”


“Like I said, I get it. You’ve been hyper focused and needed to relax. You got your Sundae with me and drinks with the crew.”


“You’re mad…”


“A little, yeah. Not about what happened, but that you didn’t let me know so I wasn’t worrying. Was I looking forward to a last night with you before I left? Yes. Would I have understood if you’d told me about drinks? Yes.”


He rubbed his head. “I’m sorry, Jenn. What can I do…”


“Just let me know if plans change. I know we’ve been inseparable for most of the last 2 years, but it’s ok to need some time apart. Before we know it, you’ll be in New York for the holidays and it’ll be magical.”


He looked up at her from the bed. “I love you,” he said, his voice almost pleading a response. 


“I love you too.”


“Can we snuggle, so I can hold you one more time before you go?”


“Well, how can I say no to that, with that puppy dog face?”  


She got under the covers and he held her close. He tried to apologize again, but she shushed him. 


“Just enjoy this moment. It’s in the past, all we can do is move forward,” she said. 


“I REALLY don’t deserve you…”


“We’re meant for each other, Justin. I can’t see myself happier with any other man.”


“It’s like you're my mirror, Jenn. My mirror looking back at me. I can’t ever change without you.”


“Is this the alcohol talking?”


“No, it’s me. I love you so much, I slipped into old habits and I’m just scared of losing you.”


“You really think there’s ANYTHING you could do that would make me leave you? It would have to be pretty damn big, Justin. You know what I was most upset about last night? I needed to talk to you and you weren’t here.”


“You could have called…”


“I didn’t want to interrupt. I already worry the crew hates me because you drop everything for me.”


“They won’t, I’ll give em hell. They can leave if it’s that big an issue for them. What did you need to talk to me about?”


She told him what happened the day before with the paparazzo outside the bridal store. 


“Jenn I’m sorry you had to go through that alone. For what it’s worth, you did a great job with how you handled it. Maybe we need to not be in LA for a lot of wedding related stuff. Either home or in San Jose, not exactly known for their paparazzi problems like LA and NYC.”


He squeezed her tight. “I’m sorry, for everything.”


“I know.”  She sighed as they lay there for a while. 


Jenn ate and Justin helped get her to the airport before heading to rehearsals. Jenn felt a lot more comfortable flying now that she’d done it alone a few times in the last week or so. She was always nervous on takeoff, but her Justin mix helped her during the flight. 


Angela picked her up at the airport and they did a quick junk food and grocery run on the way to the loft. 


Jenn went to put the groceries away when she saw a huge bouquet of flowers and bottles of Midori and sweet and sour mix. 


The card read “For my angel girl, I’m sorry. Love forever, Justin”

 

Below it she saw, in the same writing, “the flowers are from him, the alcohol is from me. Angela” 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj