Chapter 31


The next few days Jenn went out on little trips around town to keep busy. 


One such trip was to a bridal boutique. She wasn’t ready for dresses yet, but wanted to see what else they had. She looked at veils, handbags, shoes, and their binders of invitation samples. She found a bag she liked, but there was a pair of beautiful shoes she fell in love with. Just enough of a heel that her feet wouldn’t kill her, she planned to dance the night away. They had beautiful beadwork, she was sure they’d glitter like stars against the walls if given the chance. They fit perfectly which was another easy selling point. 


She had an idea of her dress, but these shoes were a must have. She bought the shoes and walked toward the door. 


As she got outside, a man with a camera was about 10 feet away. “You’re marrying Justin Timberlake, right? Have you guys set a date? Big Hollywood wedding?”


She sped up her pace. “Just a bride buying some shoes, not a crime or anyone else’s business,” she said. She got in the car and drove off. 


Well, she thought, that’ll be in every tabloid tomorrow… Justin would be proud of how I handled it though…


Jenn spent the rest of the day at home to avoid another run in with paparazzi. She sat on the couch and watched TV, read a book, anything to keep her mind off the confrontation. 


She’d tell Justin when he got home and get pointers on what to do, say, whatever to avoid them or get her to leave her alone. Driving herself was probably her first mistake but she couldn’t really call a driver for every little trip out.


It had been hours since she last heard from Justin during a lunch break. She asked about dinner, but no reply. Must be busy with rehearsals, I know he can get pretty intense and hyper focused, she thought. She made dinner for both of them, figuring he could eat when he got home. She watched more TV and fell asleep on the couch. 


She woke to the sound of the front door opening. She checked her phone- no texts or calls, and it was 2AM.


“Justin?”


No reply. 


“Justin?!”


She shot up off the couch and saw him just standing in the entryway.  He was running his fingers around his neck, looking nervous. 


“Justin, do you know what time it is?”


“Sorry… sorry… so sorry…” he mumbled. 


“Justin, what happened?”


“I’m sorry…”


“What happened?!” she yelled. 


“I should have called, texted. The crew brought drinks for after rehearsal…”


“You’re drunk…” she sighed. 


“They wanted ‘the old Justin’ back. So I drank, and drank. I may or may not have blacked out, things get a little fuzzy.”


“Justin…”


“I know, I know. They just wanted me to blow off some steam.”


“I get that, I do, but you’re right. You should have let me know.”


He walked into the kitchen. “You made me dinner. Fuck, you’re leaving tomorrow. Shit, I’m a piece of shit…”


“Justin, no. Not gonna lie, I was panicked when I saw what time it was, but I gotta get used to you out drinking with the crew. Just let me know so I don’t worry. Now, let’s get some food and water in your belly, then get you to bed…”


“You’re an angel, my beautiful angel. I don’t deserve you…” he slurred. 

 

“Right now, you just might be right. Come on big boy.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj