Chapter 28


When they finished, Justin immediately looked to Jenn with an expectant expression. Her smile told him enough for the moment. 


“It’s great Justin. I’m gonna need to be used to you dancing with the girls that way, but I know there’s no way I could move like that.  It’s a great show Justin. I’m excited I get to see it for a while.”


“How long are you staying?” His voice sounded a little sad. 


“I’ll be here as long as you need. As far as the tour, Angela talked me into staying on through the Vegas show. She said there were a few days between that stop and the next, so maybe we could do an extra day in Vegas before I leave and you go to your next spot.”


His face lit up. “I’m so glad to hear that.  Now that you’ve seen the show, do you want the driver to take you to the house?”


“Sure I guess. If you’re sure you don’t need me here.”


“We’ve got more to learn, I’d honestly be distracted looking at your sexy face. I’ll see you at the house. Here’s your key. I love you, thank you for coming out like this.”


“I love you too. Needed to make sure you were ok.”


“I’m fine now that you’re here.” He smiled, gave her a hug and kiss before getting her in the car. 


Another long, silent car ride awaited her. She texted Angela about things in LA and going on with the loft. She helped Angela with where she wanted certain things in the various rooms. 


Soon they approached a gated driveway. She felt like the kids in Willy Wonka waiting to see what the factory was like. It was definitely more Hollywood than their home in Tennessee.


 She unlocked the door, giving herself a tour. She found what she assumed was the master bedroom, there was stuff on the bedside table and the blankets weren’t perfectly on. She set her suitcase down and unpacked a few things. 


She explored the different rooms now that she had unpacked. She found his studio and walked in. He had some memorabilia and awards on one side. She smiled when she saw a picture of him with JC. It looked fairly recent, since the “hiatus”.  


She sent Justin a text. Let me know if you’ll be here for dinner or if I should just cook for me.  Love you. 


She decided to take a nap and set an alarm. Before she knew it, her alarm went off. No word from Justin. She decided to just cook for her, she didn’t want to have it get cold waiting for him or putting it in the fridge. 


She ate dinner on the couch, watching tv. She checked that her ringer was on. She had full signal. She changed clothes and went back to the couch. 


She heard the front door open. 


“Justin?”


“Yeah babe, it’s me.”


A wave of relief washed over her. 


“Did you get my text?”


“Sorry, my phone was off. Once you got here I didn’t think I’d need it.”


“Did you guys eat there?”


“Kinda.”


“Come sit down while I get a couple things,” she said.  He could tell from her voice something was up. 


He sat on the couch, heard her getting some things from the fridge. He got curious when she walked past him down the hall. 


“Babe, what are you doing?”

 

“Turn off the tv and find out,” her voice teased.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj