Chapter 27


“Are you sure? That’s a big decision.” Angela was stunned. 


“I’m sure. We’ve had a great time so I think we could be friends. I was looking forward to hanging out with you, it was going to allow me to get things done, but have someone to hang out with. You said it was pretty boring just sitting waiting there. Now there’s TV and internet, so at least you won’t be bored. I’ll come back once we decide I don’t have to be there anymore and we’ll pick up where we left off on building a friendship.”


“Sounds good Jenn. I’m glad you’re wanting to be friends instead of treating me like another employee.”


“You help Justin with so many things. You talked me down, I’m sure you’ve done that for him. I know that means a lot to me.”


“All right friend, you have a flight to catch. Have a good time, I hope things turn out well for both of you,”


“Thanks Angie, me too.”



A driver picked Jenn up at the airport. She felt special to have someone with her name on a sign. He silently took her things, got her in the car, and drove off. 


The ride was awkwardly silent. She decided to check her email. Leah sent her an invite to join something, a website called Facebook. She sent Leah a text. 


What’s Facebook? Jenn asked. 


Oh my gosh it’s this great new site! You can make posts and share pictures, add your friends,  there’s games on there, I’m hooked! 


Sounds fun. I guess I’ll join. 


Soon the car stopped at a big warehouse looking place. Almost like a movie set, massive. The driver escorted her inside. Justin was in the middle of choreography when he noticed the door open. 


“Jenn!” Justin screamed as he ran off stage.  He was running almost full speed across the arena towards her.  Her eyes widened as he didn’t seem to slow down. 


This must be what it’s like when fans run screaming HIS name… she thought to herself. She was a little scared before remembering who it was running towards her. 


“I’m so glad you’re here!” He gave her a big hug and a deep kiss. 


“Justin, we’re 25 years old…”


“I can’t be excited to see my wife to be?”


Jenn sighed. “I’m sorry. I’ve just been worried since you called me. Then you come at me like a crazed fan… it’s not the usual you, that’s all.”


“I’m sorry I worried you. I haven’t been away from you a lot since we’ve been together. As far as the tour, I’m not sure if stuff is actually good, or if I’m surrounded by yes men. I need your no bullshit attitude. We’re still doing rough rehearsals but wanting to make sure it’s perfect. I wrote most of this album about you, I need your input.”


“Ok. What do you need from me? The stage looks great, it lets you interact with the whole arena.”


“I’ll take you to where we plan to have VIP. Guys, can we go from the top through as much as we’ve choreographed? No stops just to get the flow of the show. I know I’ve been a pain in the ass, but humor me, for her.”


Jenn gave a small embarrassed wave to the band and dancers. 

 

They ran through the show. Jenn was honestly impressed he picked up all this choreography and staging in a few weeks. He was in the zone. Was it because she was there? She couldn’t tell. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj