Chapter 26


“Well, at least the TV and DVD player got set up…” Angela said. 


“I’m worried, I’ve never known him to be like this. Even as a kid, he was so confident about performing.”


“People change. He’s been very lucky to have you in his life these last few years that he maybe got used to that stability. Touring is grueling, different cities all the time. The only consistent thing on tour is the performance. Even then, the crowds change from night to night. He’s gotten used to just making one person happy, now he has millions.”


“Very insightful. I think you’re closer to him than you give yourself credit for, to see all that about him,” Jenn said. 


“Let’s try and get as much of the rest of this stuff in place so we can figure out where beds will go when those get delivered,” Angela suggested. 


“Let’s get my flight figured out, then move stuff. It probably won’t be until morning. Where is he rehearsing?”


“LA.  That way he can stay at his house there.”  Can we stop somewhere to do a little shopping? I packed for NYC, not LA.” Jenn sighed. 


“I think that can be arranged. Where are you thinking?”


“Honestly, I’m more Target and Old Navy chic.” 


“We’ll stop by both in the morning, and get you an afternoon flight.”


“Sounds great.”


Angela got Jenn’s flight to LA booked, then they moved as much as they could into place. 


“It’s starting to look like a home,” Angela said. 


“Our home,” Jenn sighed happily. 


The next morning, Jenn was up early as usual. She emptied out her suitcases into the master closet, and set to packing one suitcase for LA. 


Socks, underwear, toiletries, shirts, and the black dress just in case. She was admittedly nervous about what she was going to do in LA. Was he wanting her with him at rehearsals, or just for him to come home to each night? Would it be like that on tour- do what you want during the day, but be at the show at night and see him after? Could she handle that loneliness? Now SHE was the one freaking out…


“Jenn, you ok?” Angela put her hand on Jenn’s shoulder. 


“I was stuck in my head. Now I’M freaking out about things,” and proceeded to word vomit all over Angela with her newfound worries. 


“Well, let’s unpack all those thoughts throughout the morning before you get on the plane. Starbucks before shopping?”


Jenn nodded. 


“So, honestly I think there may be a mix of Justin wanting you with him during the day as well as at night. You’d been best friends when you were younger,  always together. The last two years have been pretty consistently spent with you. This has been some of the longest stretches being away from you.  This is a big change after so long.  Give things a chance and see how it goes.”


“You’re right. I’ve had my mom to keep me busy. Once that was done, I came here, something else to do.”


“As for on tour, I’m sure there will be plenty of time to spend together before shows.  Based on the tour schedule, you could stay with him through Vegas. I think there’s a few days in between shows that he might want an extra night in Vegas with you. Then spend time at home getting things ready for the wedding.  The hardest part will probably be the European leg of the tour. Not sure if you’ll want to be gone for 3 months, but being apart that long could be difficult too. Again, see how things go.”


“Thanks Angela, this has been really helpful. We both are probably deep in our heads on this. I’ll just play it by ear and see how things go. You got a one way ticket out there?”


“Yes. That way you guys can decide when you want to come home.  Well, did you get enough clothes, just in case?”


“I think we did adequate damage, yes,” Jenn laughed. 


“Let’s get you all packed so you’re not late for your flight.”


Jenn finished packing, and they headed off to the airport. They listened to music for a while before Jenn turned the stereo off. 


“Angela, can I ask you a serious question?” 


“Sure.”

 

“Will you be one of my bridesmaids?”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj