Chapter 25


Angela picked up Jenn at the arrivals terminal. 


“Am I allowed to hug my fiancé’s assistant?”


“I’ll allow it,” Angela laughed. 


She put her suitcases in the car and they drove to the loft. 


“Any more deliveries for today?” Jenn asked. 


“Nope, we’re all good. In fact, I don’t think there’s anything for tomorrow scheduled. Gives us time to move things around. Sadly the beds won’t arrive for a couple more days.”


“It’ll be like a sleepover. Tomorrow I say we do a grocery run, get a bunch of crap, and pig out.  Maybe do a little shopping courtesy of Justin.”


“You sure that’s ok?” Angela hesitated. 


“Yeah. I get an allowance. Lynn doesn’t want me having full access to everything until we’re married. I love Justin, but she’s too protective. She’s known me as long as he has, I’d hope she could trust me. It’s ok, Justin gave me another card for all the stuff for the loft. It’s our little secret.”


Jenn called to get TV and internet installed. “Nothing until tomorrow morning but it’ll be fine.  Let’s get the living room sorted out so we’re ready for installation tomorrow.  Then go buy a DVD player and some cheesy movies.”


Jenn and Angela moved the couches, coffee table, and end tables into place. They put together the entertainment stand and put the TV on top. They headed downstairs and walked to Best Buy for a DVD player and movies to watch. 


Together they put everything together. 


“Who needs a man?” Jenn laughed. “Let’s celebrate with delivery. Pizza? I thought about Chinese but I guess we need plates and stuff first.”


“Maybe another time, grab it for lunch and have leftovers for dinner.”


“Good thinking. I can see why Justin picked you to be his assistant.”


“I could say the same for him choosing you. You do compliment each other well, two sides of the same coin. I think this could be the beginning of a great friendship. Can’t be too close socially with my boss, but there’s no rules of being friends with you,” Angela said. 


They ordered pizza and crashed on the couches watching DVDs, when Jenn’s phone rang. 


“Hi babe,” she said warmly. 


“Hey, how’s it going?”


“I’m good. Just eating pizza and watching movies. Mom got her trache thing removed, so just need that to heal up and you won’t even know she went through all of that.”


“That’s great.  I miss you,” his voice sounded sad. 


“I miss you too. I’ll see you in 2 weeks though.”  Angela is getting stuff taken care of, I checked on her earlier. I really like her.”


“That’s good…” his voice trailed off.


“Justin, are you ok? You sound upset.”


“Just a hard day at rehearsals. I’ll be better in the morning.”


“If you’re sure,” Jenn said hesitantly. 


“I’m miserable without you here, Jenn. I’m starting to freak out at the thought of being on tour without you.  I need you.”


“Babe…” she sighed. “You are so amazing. Once you step out that first night and feel the electricity of the crowd, that will be it for you.”


“I have been near you almost every day these last 2 years, it’s almost like I’ve forgotten how to do this side of me. I shut it off for the most part once the last tour ended.” His voice sounded panicked. 


“Justin, I’m gonna be with you those first few nights. Be strong for now, knowing you’ll see me soon for 2 weeks. If you’re still feeling like this, I think you need to call the guys. Call for moral support if nothing else. You’ve been doing this, touring and recording, for so long that it’ll feel like home in no time.  I miss you too, but you said it yourself- there’s too much riding on this for other people.”  Jenn’s heart broke hearing him like this. 


“I don’t know if I can, Jenn. I need to see you. Can you come out here?  Just for a few days.”


“Would Angela have that information?” Jenn asked. 


“Yeah, I can have her…”


“I’ll ask her for it.” She looked at Angela with an apologizing expression . 


“Thank you babe. I can’t wait to see you.” His voice was already sounding more upbeat. 

 

“Love you, see you soon. I’ll text you flight info and stuff.”  She hung up the phone. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj