Chapter 24


It had been a week since Justin had left. Mom was doing well, they had even removed her trache piece and covered it so the healing process could start. This meant Jenn wasn’t needed to clean it and didn’t have to stay with them. 


She wondered how things were going with Angela and the loft. She picked up her phone and dialed Angela’s number. 


“Hi Jenn, how are things?”


“Good. I was just calling to see how things are going with deliveries to the loft.”


“Things are fine, though between you and me it’s boring with no tv or internet hooked up. Been doing a lot of reading.”


“Well, what if I were to fly out and we get things put into place, get cable and internet installed, have it pretty much ready to go when Justin is done with rehearsals for Christmas.”


“Sounds fine I guess. Don’t normally get to spend too much time with clients’ significant others.”


“Can I ask you a question?” Jenn asked. 


“Sure,” Angela replied. 


“Do you happen to like the *NSYNC Christmas album?”


“Please don’t let Justin know, but yes. He chose me because I’m highly qualified and experienced, but I applied because it was him. You two were already together so it’s not like I was wanting to date him or anything.  Ugh, now I’ve made this awkward…”


“No, I’m the same way sometimes. You’re fine. So you’d be ok with blasting the Christmas album while we decorate for Christmas after everything else is squared away?”


“Sounds like fun.”


“I’ll fly out as soon as I can.”


“Text me info and I’ll come pick you up at the airport.”


“Deal. See you hopefully today, just need to pack. Washer and dryer aren’t there yet are they?”


“Not yet, later this week.”


“Good, I’ll bring just the essentials and do laundry there once everything is hooked up. Thanks Angela.” Jenn hung up the phone. 


“This is either going to be fun, or go terribly wrong…” Angela said to herself. 


Jenn immediately went to packing. Boots, jeans, sweaters, a few dresses for the holiday and any potential housewarming parties, the black dress and lingerie for when Justin got there, and she was set. She could shop a little if she needed anything once she got there. She threw on her warmest coat and called a cab for a ride to the airport. She got a last minute flight, coach. No need to be fancy if it was just her, it was only a two hour flight. 

 

She texted Angela her flight info once she got through security. Jenn had her favorite playlist ready to listen to on the plane. He may not have been beside her on the plane, but his voice would be in her ears. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj