Chapter 22


Thanksgiving morning, Jenn was awake early making cranberry bread and getting everything prepped for the day. Justin joined her on the couch to watch the parade, coffee in one hand, a slice of cranberry bread in another. 


“Seriously, this stuff is so good…” he said. Jenn laughed and snuggled into him on the couch. 


“Mom is home, you’re home, what more could I ask for today?  I am so thankful to have the people I love around me.”


“I go back for rehearsals Monday morning. You gonna be ok?” he asked. 


“Now that I KNOW you’re leaving, yes. Angie is able to help sign for deliveries at the loft? A lot of stuff is showing up in the next few weeks. She just needs to sign for it and leave it inside. I’ll be out there the week before. The only things I’ll need put in the rooms are the beds. I think.”


“Yes, Angie has a key. I’m so excited, Christmas in New York with our families in our own place…”


“As long as we’re in somewhat planning mode, can we address the elephant in the room regarding the wedding?” she asked. 


Justin sighed. “I want the guys there. There’s just so much pressure on us if we’re all in one place, even if it’s at a wedding, especially my wedding.  I love them, they’re my brothers, but I want to enjoy MY day, not have it used as tabloid fodder hinting at a reunion. Can you imagine the level of disappointment that would create?”


“Can you imagine how HAPPY fans would be that after 5 years apart, you get together to celebrate life’s big moments together. Just inviting them tells the fans you guys still care, even if there’s no new music or anything. It shows them you ARE still brothers. Especially after Lance’s coming out, it shows you support him. You guys were all at Joey’s wedding. A couple weeks later was when we started dating, so it wasn’t THAT long ago. Was there pressure on you all at Joey’s wedding?”


“No, I suppose not. A lot of people blame me for what happened. I mean, I get it given me going solo, but we all had stuff we wanted to do.”


“All the more reason for you to invite them. Fans will know you don’t hate the guys. Next question- do you want them in the ceremony? I’m sure the photographer can get pictures with all of us together, but do we want it officially as groomsmen, just guests, ushers?”


“I’ve already asked Trace to be my best man, that was a no brainer. I guess besides my actual brothers I can’t really think of anyone else that would be important enough besides them to be up there with us. Do you have enough girls that could be bridesmaids?”


“I can arrange that, yes. I’m leaning towards Leah as maid of honor. With my big three it’s hard to pick. I’m sure they’ll be happy just being part of our big day whether they’re bridesmaids or my maid of honor.  So five on each side? Have Jonathan and Stephen be ushers or something? They’re both still pretty young.”


“That makes sense. Yeah, let’s go with that. This is why I love you, you help me see things from all sides. I was seriously almost keeping some of the most important guys in my life away from our big day.”


“Glad I could help. We still need to figure a date. Do you have a more finalized tour schedule yet?”


“Yeah. My last three cities are in California. We can do the weekend after the tour ends. Saturday, September 29?”


“It’s a date. Wow, we have a date set, the guys are hopefully groomsmen, things are starting to come together. I can’t wait to marry you,” she said, giving him a kiss. “Enough wedding stuff for now, I need to get the food ready!”

 

Thanksgiving dinner was ready. They got a smaller turkey since Mom couldn’t have it. She was able to have most everything else as long as it was soft.  The atmosphere was positive with Mom home and on the mend. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj