Chapter 2


They put their bags in the car once his assistant Angela drove up. 


“Looks like you smooth talked your way again,” she said. “Good to see you again, Jenn. Glad you’re able to make it.” She pulled out of the driveway and headed towards the airport. 


“Justin, you fly in and we have time to check into the hotel and change clothes if needed before going to the tv studios. Jenn, I can have you with me if you want while he’s doing interviews. It’s gonna be a whirlwind couple of days,” Angela said. 


“You have our room for 2 extra days, yes? No need for you to stay with us at that point Angie, just wanting to confirm.” 


Angela nodded. “Enjoy your time Jenn, I’ve heard you’ve never been?”


“Nope. California I’ve done most of, but farthest beyond there I’ve ever been was DC for a school trip.”


“Too bad it’s August so you won’t have the spectacle of Christmas in NYC, but there’s so much to do no matter when you go.” Angela said. 


“I admit I’m a little nervous to be in such a big city. I’d go into San Francisco a bunch out in California, but NYC seems like a different beast,” Jenn admitted. 


“We’re here so you’ll have company and guides through all of this,” Justin said, putting his hand on her thigh. She grabbed his hand. 


“Now remember, when you’re out in public your ring is off Jenn. They know you’re the girlfriend but not the fiancée,” Angie reminded her. 


“I know. It was difficult when we first started being in public more at the start of our relationship, we knew no one would take our relationship seriously getting engaged so quick and no one knowing who I was. Going with you to the Edison premiere was a good test run of girlfriend, wearing my other jewelry on my right hand,” Jenn reminisced. 


“Well, it’s coming up on 2 years now. They’ll expect a proposal at this point. Just gotta come up with a great moment, maybe even better than the first,” Justin added. 


“That’ll be a tall order. Playing songs you wrote just for me was pretty damn romantic,” Jenn mused. 

 

“Time for that later, let’s get through security and to our gate.” Angela said as they parked at the airport. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj