Chapter 16


It was album release week and Justin was everywhere. Phone call interviews, and another trip to NYC for more interviews. Jenn stayed home this time, the album released on Dad’s birthday. 


She turned on the tv hoping to catch an interview on MTV or E! She decided on MTV and found a clip. It was different from the one she was there for a few weeks before. 


They breached the subject of his relationship, asking if the tabloid rumors were true. 


“For once, yes. I proposed when we were here in NYC a few weeks ago. Still figuring out a lot of details, no date set with the tour and everything.”


Well, the cat’s really out of the bag now, she thought. I’m glad everyone we care about has already heard. I’m sad I wasn’t on the calls to the rest of *NSYNC, but he’s promised he called them. She was hopeful they’d be invited, if not be involved somehow. As a fan she’d love to have them there, but she was worried he’d want to distance himself from them. That would be a wedding topic all on its own. 


… 


Tuesday was album release day, and Jenn was a bundle of nerves. She hoped the album lived up to the hype behind it and all the pressure she knew Justin had felt to make it great. It would be special to her, but she wanted his hard work to be appreciated by the rest of the fans. 


The local music store had a line, she saw plenty of press on tv and online about it, but she was waiting for his response to everything. She knew he’d call tonight during Dad’s birthday dinner. 


Jenn headed over to her parents’ house to pick them up and go wherever Dad wanted to go. 

“Where to, birthday boy?” Jenn asked. 


“La Casita? Mexican food sounds good today.”


Jenn nodded. “Then that’s what we’ll have.”


They were eating dinner when Jenn’s phone rang. She smiled wide. “Hi babe. How’s it going?” she asked. 


“Good. Can I talk to your dad?”


“I guess… I see who’s important…”


She passed the phone to Dad. They talked for a few minutes before he passed the phone back to her. 


“So the album is a hit. I know you knew it would be, but I’ve only heard good stuff so far. All the major reviews have been positive. I’m so happy babe,” he said. 


“I’m happy for you. It’s been a lot of hard work being your muse…” she teased. “Seriously, that’s great news babe. You’re coming home tomorrow?”


“Yeah, I’ve got a morning meeting with Johnny on stuff for the tour and then I’ll fly home.  It’s been weird being here without you. Our place here is just about ready for us to start moving things in. Think you can have it ready for Christmas there?” he asked. 


“I’ll do my best. At least get the basics as far as furniture and Christmas decorations. Still trying to figure out getting a real tree in there.”


“Sorry, I’ll let you get back to dinner. See you tomorrow. Love you.”


“Love you too,” she said as she hung up.


She put her phone away and looked back at her parents. “No date yet, but we’ll have the wedding in San Jose. Not where paparazzi will suspect, but fancy enough to suit our tastes.”


“We’re glad to hear that some progress has been made. We were worried Justin would keep pushing things out,” Mom said. 


“It’ll be at least another year, with his tour coming up, but we’ve started discussions on things,” Jenn replied. 


“Well, we’re happy you’re happy. Seems like everything is going well for everyone right now.” Dad said. 

 

She smiled. Everything was perfect in her little world. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj