Chapter 15


As usual, Jenn was up first. She made herself some tea and looked out at Central Park. She started Justin’s coffee when an alarm went off. 


Why would Justin set an alarm on vacation? she wondered. 


Justin woke up, and there was a knock at the door. He quickly grabbed a robe and said, “I’ll get it.”


“What’s going on? You set an alarm, now there’s  someone at the door. Another day of surprises?” she asked. 


“Sit down and close your eyes,” he said. She complied. She heard something be set down in front of her on the table. “Open your eyes.”


She opened her eyes and saw the same breakfast they had yesterday was sitting in their hotel room. “They can do this for room service? I mean I guess I should have realized, but why eat in here?” 


“We’re not leaving the hotel until we check out today. So I figured to bring breakfast to us, we can pack up our things, and then continue with my plans.”


Jenn nodded as she started to eat. “Delicious no matter where I eat it,” she laughed. 


They ate breakfast, got dressed and packed up their things. She made sure to look good in case more paparazzi followed them. Justin could look great in sweats, she’d face scrutiny at the slightest misstep. 


Justin led her downstairs. “Time for a little pampering.”  They walked into one of the hotel’s spas. 


“Mr. Timberlake, right this way,” they front desk welcomed them. 


“What’s up your sleeve now?” Jenn asked. 


“A couples massage, then a body wrap. Mostly wanting it for you but I could use some relaxation with the craziness of recording the album, and ahead of the release and tour.  Then we’ll head to the airport and go home.”


“That sounds amazing babe. Thank you.”


The next few hours were extremely relaxing for both of them. Jenn had never been to a spa before, let alone one so fancy. 


They left the hotel relaxed and ready to go home. Thankfully it seemed no paparazzi had waited outside the hotel, so they got to the airport without incident. That helped Jenn be even more relaxed heading home. 


Soon they were back at home, Jenn unpacking their things. “It feels good to be home,” she sighed. “New York was great, but it’s not home.”


“I’m home wherever you are babe,” he said, wrapping his arms around her. 


“Now that our engagement is out there, we should probably start planning for an actual wedding. I know we’d been waiting for Dad’s cancer and then your album,” she said. 


“I know. We can plan in stages. Get basic ideas and stuff down first, then work other things out as we go.  You KNOW the moms are going to have ideas and input. They’ll want to be with you when you try on dresses.”


“Yeah. I’ll have to fly the girls out for that too. I’ve been thinking of where to have the ceremony. I want to do it here, maybe even the church your dad was at. That’s where our families first met. But San Francisco or New York make sense for either of us, too.”


“We’ll figure it out. Where in California were you thinking? I know you went to Berkeley, but you didn’t stay there after graduation.”


“I moved down to San Jose, yeah. There’s the church I went to there. I figure somewhere less fancy is going to be something the paparazzi won’t expect. There’s a beautiful hall we can do the reception.”


“Sounds like San Jose it is. One thing checked off the list. Look at us!” Justin smiled. 

 

“One step closer to becoming Mrs. Timberlake.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj