Chapter 12


They looked at a couple other places, but none were as ready to move in as the first one. They went back to the realtor’s office and waited for their car. It was starting to rain. 


“So we’ll have to cancel my plans. Hopefully it lets up soon so we can go to dinner. If not I guess we can have it delivered, but it’s better in person.”


They headed back to the hotel and went up to their room. Jenn stood by the window looking out at Central Park again. “If this is it for tonight, are you ok with that? I have some more plans for tomorrow before we fly home, so it’s not like it’s a total wash until then.”


“Yeah, lunch and the show were great, standing in Times Square. It was exciting looking at a place out here for us. I just wonder how much I’m going to be out here beyond furnishing it.”


“I guess I’ll be here more professionally, but we can vacation here, come for Christmas or at least a weekend in the winter, see it in the snow.  If you ever need to get away you can come up here by yourself. Go see a play, whatever you want.”


“I hadn’t thought about the other purposes for it. Just feeling pushed into the interior design thing. I thought you were wanting to have me on tour with you as a set designer? I’d love to be with you as much as I could.”


“I just don’t want you to be burned out, feeling like you don’t have something that’s your dream to go for,” he sighed. 


“I’m just scared. Being on tour with you is safe, not taking a risk and failing. I don’t really know where to start on getting things started.  Is my job really just scouring the internet and antique shops for rich people to fill their homes with stuff to make them look important?”


“Well, look at what you’d done with the place you were renting before I came home. It had furniture, but the things you added to it made it your little home away from home. Sure sometimes it’s finding antiques, other times it’s working to create a feeling for someone’s home, to help inspire them on what they want to make it feel like home.”


“That’s a good way to describe it. I’d been entry level, just starting to handle any client type stuff when I left. So while I loved the designing aspect and everything, I didn’t have much experience.”


“Once you make our place here look and feel like home, I’m sure they’ll be beating down the door to work with you.”


“You have so much faith in me. I love it, but it can be overwhelming.”

 

“If I don’t have faith in you, what friend would I be, let alone a fiancé?” He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her cheek. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj