Chapter 11


They exited the theater and Justin held her hand, leading her down the street. Her eyes grew wide as she recognized where they were headed. “Times Square!” 


“We were technically here when I had the interviews, but walking and being here is different than just driving by.” Justin explained. 


She took a few pictures before Justin led her down the street again. “Time for lunch,” he said. She saw a sign for a restaurant- Tony’s di Napoli.  


“Great Italian food. I think you’ll love it.”


They walked in and sat at a table. She wasn’t sure what to order, it all sounded good. She decided on tri color tortellini, Justin had the chicken parmigiana. “I know better than to have chicken piccata made by anyone but you,” he laughed. 


Justin was right, the food was amazing. They ate lunch, and their car picked them up. They drove to a realtor specializing in suites and penthouses for celebrity clients. They talked briefly on things they wanted in a home. 


“A big kitchen is a must, lots of closets, and a big tub for Jenn to relax in.” Justin stated. 


The realtor showed them pictures of some locations, and they could check some out if they wanted. They decided on a few and drove to check them out. 


“This lets you use our home to showcase your interior design talents, take pictures for a website for clients. Broaden where you work, on your schedule.”


“Not everyone is like you, needing to work all the time. I’m worried I’ll be spread thin if I’m in Memphis, LA, and NYC. We’ll see how it goes,” she sighed. She was glad he was thinking of her career, but felt like she was being pushed. “Running my own company is a lot of work, I hadn’t been working there that long to be anyone big.”


They looked around the first place. Definitely big, a gorgeous kitchen with a farm sink, lots of room to cook and put food out for parties, counter space for kitchen gadgets, and a giant pantry for groceries. It was an open floor plan, with the kitchen leading into the dining/living area. She could imagine where a big screen tv would go, lots of space for seating. 


They saw the master bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom was what won her over. A huge jetted tub, Jack and Jill sinks, a big vanity area for her makeup, jewelry, and toiletries. A beautiful stonework backsplash and walls for the shower area. She loved the jetted tub the most. She’d always felt she was somewhere fancy if it had a jetted tub, especially one she could fit in. She took off her shoes, climbed inside, and saw there was enough room for her to fully sit and have water cover her. She didn’t fit in most bathtubs, so this one was a dream. 

 

Justin saw the contented smile on her face. “I’d say this is a contender.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj