Chapter 10


Jenn woke up early, as usual. She made coffee for Justin and tea for herself. She looked out their window onto Central Park. She knew it was big, but it felt like that’s all she could see out the window. She felt homesick for California and San Francisco, Golden Gate Park and Chrissy Field, wide open spaces so close to the ocean. 


It had been 2 years since she’d been there, when she left after getting the call about Dad’s cancer. She knew she needed to go back, get a little closure. 


She was jarred back to reality when she felt a hand on her shoulder. 


“Wow, deep in thought, huh?” Justin said. 


“Yeah. Looking at Central Park made me miss San Francisco. Walking around yesterday gave me a similar vibe. New York is bigger of course, but seeing the tourist shops mesh with the ones serving the people that live here every day. Made me a little homesick after all this time.”


“We’ll plan a trip out. I haven’t been to San Francisco since we did a music video there.”


“It was all over the radio. All the major stations had someone trying to follow you guys. I think one may have gotten to hear from Lance, but I remember living by my radio. If you’d wanted to see me, you’d have called me THEN.  Less than an hour drive. Once the video came out I found the places you shot in the city. That cafe at the end was right on the Embarcadero, right next to the bay and the Bay Bridge. I walked by it, but smiled every time I’d go past it when I was in the city.”


“Well, it looks like we have one place to visit already. You’ll have to show me your favorite spots. NYC is my city, San Francisco is yours.”


“Deal. Shall we get some breakfast? I’m hungry,” she asked. 


“Yes. We can have breakfast downstairs, they have some incredible food.”


“I’m easy to please. Eggs Benedict is my guilty pleasure when I’m out somewhere for breakfast.”


“A place with Eggs Benedict it is then,” he said. 


“You spoil me,” she sighed. 


“Isn’t that my job? A beautiful woman that puts up with my craziness deserves spoiling.” He smiled and kissed her. 


“Then I’m not being spoiled ENOUGH,” she teased, sticking out her tongue. 


They went downstairs and went into one of the restaurants at the hotel. It was still early that it wasn’t too packed. Jenn had on another summer dress, paired with a jean jacket and sneakers. Comfy but stylish. Perfect for whatever they had today. 


Jenn had her Eggs Benedict, Justin had an omelette and pancakes. 


“I’ve never had this with capers, I love the mix of the salty flavors,” she said. 


“You’re practically drooling.” Justin laughed. 


“Isn’t that the sign of a good meal? Whatever, I’m happy. Good food, great man, what more could I need?”


“I hope you have fun today. I have one thing planned before lunch and then meeting with a realtor. Then I have other ideas once we’re finished there.”


“I can’t wait,” she said. 


They finished their breakfast, walked outside, and the driver Justin had yesterday pulled up in front of the hotel. Without a word, the driver headed to their destination. 


“Where are we going?” Jenn asked. 


“I don’t want to ruin the surprise, it’s not far from here so we’ll be there soon, just wanted to not get mobbed walking,” he explained. 


They pulled up to their destination. Jenn saw the flickering lights on the marquees. “Broadway!!”


“I got us tickets to The Wedding Singer, is that ok? Something fun for your first show.”

 

“I love it. I love that song he writes for her at the end of the movie. This is perfect.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj soloj