Author's Chapter Notes:

I can't believe anyone is reading this.  Forgive me, I know I'm not a writer.  Quarantine has got me thinking about JC, so if you're enjoying this, I'd love to hear from you!

Amanda stood on her porch as she watched JC slide his bag into the trunk of the rental car.  She should have felt ecstatic about the new man in her life, but instead felt a bit heartbroken.  It was hard to imagine that as quickly as he was part of her life, he was out of it again.  In the midst of her thoughts, she felt JC's arms wrap around her.

 

"Honey, what's wrong?"

 

"I feel sort of stupid for being sad, but I'm good."

 

He put his hand to her cheek and stared into her green eyes.

 

"I'm sad, but you're mine, remember?  This is a really good beginning."

 

Amanda felt the corners of her mouth slip into a smile and he placed a kiss on her lips.

 

"You'll be in LA in a few weeks, you'll stay with me, and technology is a thing," he stated reassuringly.

 

Stay with him?

 

"Don't meet any girls on the flight, okay?"

 

"That was a one-time deal."

 

He captured her lips and she allowed him to slip his tongue into her mouth.  Amanda felt her knees go weak and she wrapped her arms around his neck to steady herself.  She gently swept her tongue against his and turned her head to intensify the kiss.  She totally lost track of time and space when he kissed her.  JC pulled away after a few moments.

 

"I have to go... and trust me, I really don't want to."

 

Amanda nodded and gave him a final peck on the lips.  "Have a safe flight, text when you're home."

 

He slipped a hand around hers.  "Don't think too much, this will be good.  Promise."

 

"I'll try to not think."

 

With that, he gently dropped her hand and made his way into the rental.  Amanda watched as he slid into the driver's seat, start the engine and back out of her driveway.  She gave a quick wave and headed back inside.  Once inside, she headed to the living room to grab her phone.

 

Amanda:  I need a distraction for the rest of the day.

Emma:  Brunch?

Amanda:  Pick you up in an hour.

 

******

 

On Monday morning, Amanda was settled into her desk in the office.  She was knee deep into emails and attempting to distract herself that she had been missing JC since he left.  At the same time, she felt pure joy that she had seen him.  She wasn't even sure what to label the whole thing yet.  Was she seeing JC?  Dating?  She was in the midst of responding emails when her co-worker, Brittany, leaned against her desk and crossed her ankles.

 

"Hey girl, how was LA?"

 

Right.  She had gone to LA.  It already seemed like a lifetime ago.  Amanda pulled her hands from her keyboard and turned to face Brittany.

 

"Hey lady, it was a good trip," Amanda smoothed said as she smoothed out her jeans.

 

"Cool.  Where are you going next?"  She sipped from her cup of coffee.

 

"Atlanta.  What's next for you?"

 

"Probably Denver."

 

Amanda nodded.  She noted that she needed to book travel for Atlanta and picked up a pen to scribble a note.

 

"How was your weekend?"  Amanda questioned as she picked up her coffee mug.

 

"Great, I went out on Saturday and recovered yesterday.  You?"

 

Amanda paused.  It had been the greatest weekend of her life, but wasn't sure how to tell anyone that she was seeing JC Chasez.  Did he want her telling anyone?  What was she supposed to say?

 

"Really good.  I think I met someone?"

Brittany raised an eyebrow.  "You think?"

 

Amanda giggled.  "Yeah, I met him on my flight and I ended up on a date."

 

"Good for you, girl.  Keep me posted on that.  Alright, I'm back to work, have a good day."

 

"You too."

 

Amanda pushed back into her work.  After a few moments, she flipped her phone to see several new notifications.

 

JC:  Have a good day.  I'm in the studio.  Don't think too much.

 

Amanda smiled.  Even from 2,000 miles away, he knew she was analyzing.

 

Amanda:  Hey you, have a good day.  I don't think I ever properly thanked you for coming. 

JC:  Which time?

 

Amanda felt herself blush at his innuendo and felt desire burn through her body.

 

Amanda:  Haha.  You know what I mean.  No one has ever surprised me like that before.

JC:  You're worth it.  Also, I can't seem to stop thinking about the coming part...  Talk later.

 

Amanda felt like she was going to melt into her desk.  Thankfully, no one was around to see it.  She took a deep breath and clicked around her laptop to arrange travel for her next trip to Atlanta.  Another trip would be a great distraction.  Work travel always included long days.  Amanda couldn't help but feel a little foolish.  After one weekend with JC, she found herself wondering about the next time they could be together.  She had never attempted a long distance relationship.  Were they even in a relationship?  Sure, he had made a comment about being his, but what if she had read into that too deeply?  After her previous relationship, she wasn't so sure she could trust again, even if it was JC.  She would need some time to feel out the situation.  In the meantime, she told herself, she would really try to avoid the analysis and focus on the fact that she was in throws of something brand new.  Something that she was really enjoying.

 

******

Another week had passed and Amanda was in the middle of Hartsfield-Jackson Airport.  The flight was not nearly as entertaining as her last one, but she was able to get in a nap and do a little reading.  She made her way to the exit and checked her phone.

 

JC:  Did you make it?

Amanda:  Yup, going to pick up my rental and head to the office.

 

They had been texting all week.  Both had been busy with their own lives, but she was touched by the fact that he checked in and always wanted to hear about her day.  No doubt it was difficult and she hoped they would eventually find other methods of communication.  It was still new and it was exciting to see his name pop up on her phone.  She loved the idea that he was thinking of her.

 

She boarded the tram that shuttled passengers to the rental car center.  Amanda took a seat, pushed her suitcase under her leg, and tapped through emails on her phone.  Fortunately, it seemed like things were under control and nothing pressing had arisen during her flight.  She got to the most recent email and realized that it was a notification from Avis.  She read through the email - it was clearly a confirmation that her rental had been canceled.  Great start to this trip.  She took a deep breath and tried to not be stressed.  This was annoying, but certainly not a big deal.  There were always a million cars available.  As the tram was nearing the destination, she rifled through her bag to find her sunglasses and pushed them on while she gathered the rest of her things.  She stepped off the tram and walked towards the entrance of the rental car center.  The humidity of the south hit her in the face and she was glad that she packed accordingly.  When her eyes met the destination, she couldn't believe who she was seeing.

 

No fucking way.

 

She knew it was him instantly.  Same black LA hat, same dark denim he was accustomed to wearing.  Here he was leaning up against one of the poles near the entrance.  She felt like running to him, but nerves got the best of her.  She was trying to play it cool.  Regardless, she knew she was smiling ear to ear as she approached him.

 

"Surprise," he said and swiped his lips across hers.  He gently wrapped an arm around her waist.

 

"What the fuck are you doing here?"  Amanda still couldn't wipe the grin from her face.

 

"I'm working," he stated casually.

 

"So I don't need to tear apart some unsuspecting Avis employee for canceling my reservation?"

 

"Shit.  How did you find out?"

 

"Email."

 

She dropped her bag beside her and wrapped both arms around his neck.  She couldn't resist the urge to thoroughly kiss him.  He had surprised her.  Again.  She pulled her lips back and whispered against them.

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

"I wanted to see you.  I've got a few friends in town and it just made sense."

 

Amanda felt her heart swell.  Was he even real?  She trailed her hands down his biceps.  "I can't believe you did this."

 

"I was already tired of texting you," he pulled closer to her ear and kissed the shell gently.  "And there are a lot of other things I've been thinking about."

 

Amanda shivered at the thought and felt desire hit straight to her core.  JC wrapped his hand around hers and pulled slightly as he walked towards a row of cars.  Amanda used her other hand to grab her bags.

 

"Come on, I'm your chauffeur for the week.  I can drop you off at the office."

 

"I can't let you do this.  I have to be up early like every day I'm here..."

 

JC interrupted her and squeezed her hand.  "Stop thinking.  I'm working around you this week."

 

Amanda raised an eyebrow and resigned.  He was unbelievable.  He flew across the country to surprise her.  How could she ever make it up to him?  JC led them to a brand new black BMW M5 as he popped the trunk and lifted her bags in.  She noticed that his bag was already in the trunk.  Amanda caught his hand as he was closing the trunk.

 

"Hey.  Are you even real?  This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me.  Besides the last surprise you pulled."

 

JC grinned at her.  "I already like surprising you."

 

"But how I will ever outdo anything you do for me?" Amanda questioned as she walked to the passenger door.

 

JC opened the car door for her.  "No one ever said anything about that, but the way you lit up when you saw me was worth it.  And I've got other ideas." 

 

Amanda grinned and slid into the seat as he kissed her forehead and shut the door.  Seconds later, JC slid into the drivers' seat. 

 

"I can drive you to work and we can check into the hotel later."

 

Amanda grinned.  "You didn't cancel my hotel reservation, did you?"

 

JC smirked.  "Nope, I figured you had that covered." 

 

He started the engine and backed out of the parking space.  Amanda punched in her office address into the GPS and then rested her hand on his thigh.

 

"Do you realize how crazy you are?" 

 

JC smiled.  "Am I freaking you out?"

 

"No, you're so sweet.  I just can't believe you don't have better things to do."

 

JC picked up Amanda's hand and drew it to his lips.  "I'm here because I like you.  Are you okay with it?"

 

Amanda grinned.  "You told me to not overthink," she said as she took a deep breath.  "I'm trying to push down the part of me that's worried and focus on how insanely happy I am that you're here."

 

"We've got all week to work through stuff.  Can you handle me for that long?  I'm annoying."

 

"I guarantee that I'm more annoying.  What are you working on?"

 

"My friend, Dallas, lives here.  He's been begging for me to listen to some stuff, so I'll hang with him.  I've got another friend in town that wants to hang.  But I'm yours after work.  When are you done today?"

 

Amanda lit up at the idea of JC working with Dallas Austin, but tried not to show it.  "I usually get sympathy on travel days, so 4ish maybe?"

 

JC stopped at a red light and grasped her hand in his.  "That's perfect.  I can pick you up, we can check in and I'll take you to dinner."

 

"I don't like having JC Chasez as my chauffeur, he's sort of bossy."

 

JC laughed.  "Don't say that.  I'm not only your chauffeur."

 

"Really?  What else are you then?" Amanda questioned and smirked.

 

"I think... I think I'm the guy you're dating."  JC grinned.

 

"I'm sure my coworkers would be more amused with a story about the hot guy I've hired to drive me around," Amanda chuckled.  "Easier to say that I'm dating though."  Amanda leaned over the center console and softly brushed her lips over his cheek.

 

She leaned back in her seat and noticed that they were nearing her destination.

 

"Do you need any of your stuff from the trunk?"

 

"No, I've got everything I need in here," she gestured to the bag on the floor.

 

"Are you going to be asked to do any working dinners?"  JC asked and pulled into a parking space in front of Amanda's office building.

 

"I usually get asked to do one, but mostly out of pity for traveling alone."

 

"Don't make plans for tomorrow, okay?"

 

Amanda grinned and smoothed her palms over her jeans.  "Okay."

 

"I may have to be in the studio later on Wednesday night, so make your plans for then."

 

"Got it.  I'll let them know that I have plans with my hot chauffeur."  Amanda chuckled and picked up her tote from the floor.

 

JC chuckled.  "I hope you come up with something better than that."

 

Like boyfriend?  She knew it was far too soon for that, so instead she nodded.

 

"I'm not in the mood for work, but I suppose I should get to it.  Are you okay, do you need anything before I head in?"

 

"Nope, I'm meeting Dallas and you text me if you need me."

 

Amanda leaned her elbow on the center console again and glanced up at JC.  "Hey, you're amazing for being here.  I'm still in shock."

 

JC slid a hand around the back of her neck and met her lips.  Amanda's palm slid to his neck and she slid her tongue to his bottom lip.  JC leaned back slightly and rested his forehead on hers.

 

"Hey woman, don't start that or you aren't going to work."

 

Amanda grinned and moved her arm to open the door.  "You promise to not leave me stranded here?"

 

"Wouldn't dream of it.  I'll see you at 4ish."

 

Amanda pushed open the door, pulled her tote with her, and headed toward the entrance of the office.  She couldn't remove the smile from her face.

 

******

Amanda was sitting in a leadership meeting as an observer.  Each of her work trips brought her new experiences and opportunities to learn from others.  The purpose of her trips was to understand her client groups more intimately and in turn, be better able to support them.  She enjoyed being an observer in these meetings and thoroughly enjoyed meeting some of the people she often interacted with via phone or email.  This particular meeting was to discuss implementing a new manufacturing model into their facilities, with the facility near Los Angeles scheduled to go first.  As the meeting drew to a close, she graciously thanked everyone for allowing her to sit in and gain better insight.  She was grateful that one of her favorite HR colleagues, Matt, was based in Atlanta and she appreciated how he went out of his way to make her trip worthwhile.  When everyone around the table began to gather their things, she also shut her laptop and piled her notebook on top.

 

"Any plans while you're here or need recommendations for dinner?" Matt questioned as he pushed in his chair.

 

Amanda wasn't quite sure how to answer the question without revealing too much personal information, but smiled politely.  "Not sure about plans, but I'm set."

 

"I think the team wants to set up dinner one night if you can make it work."

 

"For sure, Wednesday night would be perfect.  That's really sweet of everyone."

 

Matt started to exit the conference room and Amanda followed. 

 

"So what was the vague answer about plans?  And the big grin?"  Matt asked with a grin.

 

Amanda grinned back, she couldn't help it.  "Someone I know is in town, so I've got some plans."

 

"Wow, workaholic Amanda is making time for someone?  Big headlines here," Matt joked.

 

"It's really new and complicated, but it's good."

 

Matt and Amanda were strolling in the direction of her makeshift cubicle.

 

"Well, that's great.  Why so complicated?"  Matt stopped and leaned against the cubicle wall.

 

"He lives in LA."

 

"Huh, well.... We've talked about this before.  You'd relocate for that right opportunity?"

 

Amanda shrugged.   She often had open conversations with her manager and colleagues about relocating for the right promotion.  She didn't have anyone in Milwaukee keeping her tied down which made it easy to consider any opportunities as they came up. 

 

"Sure, but I'm weeks into seeing this guy.  I don't need to broach the topic of relocation and our future and terrify him."

 

"Fair enough, but you know that I'd recommend you for a job in LA if you wanted it."

 

Amanda nodded.  "Thanks, Matt, that's really kind.  That seems pretty far off."

 

"You better start thinking about it.  This project will likely present opportunities to you."

 

******

Amanda strolled through the front door of the office building to find JC wearing a pair of aviator sunglasses leaned up against the rental car.  She couldn't decide what to feel - panic that someone may recognize him or excitement that he looked hot as hell.  She continued towards him as he pressed lips to her cheek.

 

"Hey gorgeous.  Who gave you permission to look that good coming out of work?"

 

Amanda glanced down at the outfit she had been wearing since this morning and grinned.  Dark denim skinny jeans, pointed black pumps, with a white t-shirt under a black blazer.  Her work was business casual and this had become a permanent outfit in her rotation.  She wrapped her hand around his.

 

"Hey handsome.  Aren't you afraid of being recognized with your stunning good looks?"

 

"Nah.  This isn't LA or New York," he shrugged and lifted the door handle to open the door for Amanda.

 

Amanda slipped into the leather seat and watched JC do the same in the driver's seat.

 

"How was work?"

 

Amanda dropped her tote bag from her lap to the floor.  "Really good.  The team wants to take me to dinner on Wednesday, so you're off the hook."

 

JC smiled and started the engine.  "You can talk about work you know.  I think it's interesting.  What meetings did you have today?"

 

"You asked for it," Amanda chuckled.  "The manufacturing teams are going to implement a new process model into the facilities.  We're going to roll it out in LA first and then move to the other facilities slowly.  The meeting I had today was to discuss the rollout and action plan."

 

"And you work in HR... so this impacts you how?"

 

"Well, the roles I recruit for are primarily in manufacturing, so this new model will essentially change all of the roles I work on.  The new mindset in the facilities will effectively change the culture."

 

"You're hot when you talk work," JC grinned at her.

 

Amanda rolled her eyes and laughed.  "This is boring as hell and I can't believe you're listening to it."

 

"You don't think it's boring," JC pointed out and got them on the road.  "Can you GPS us to the hotel?"

 

Amanda punched in the address to the hotel she had reserved.   "What did you do today?  Are you working on something?"

 

"Dallas always wants me to work on something," JC chuckled.  "I just listened to some stuff he has going and chilled."

 

"Maybe you'll get inspired?  The fan part of me is desperate to hear you do anything," Amanda said as she gazed out the window.

 

"When you sing or play something for me, I'll show you stuff I've been working on," JC winked at her.

 

"What is this?  A negotiation?"

 

JC shrugged and laughed.  Amanda suddenly felt very bold knowing that she had a little bit of power over him and reached over to slide her hand up his thigh.

 

"You know, I can be persuasive," she said in a suggestive tone.

 

JC groaned and Amanda laughed.

 

"Mama, you can be persuasive when I get you behind closed doors."

 

Amanda left her hand on his thigh.  "We're about to find out how sick of me you'll be after 4 entire days."

 

JC chuckled.  "I was thinking more optimistically, so more like, I have 4 entire days to figure you out."

 

Amanda raised an eyebrow.  "Figure me out?"

 

"Honey, there are a lot of things I'd like to learn," he said and dropped his hand over hers.

 

Amanda felt that same spark of desire again.  He was relentless.

 

"You know, you've got a reputation, JC."

 

This time JC raised an eyebrow as he made a turn.  "And that is?"

 

"You can definitely have a one-track mind."

 

JC shrugged.  "Hey, I was never raised to make sex a taboo sort of thing.  I enjoy it, so does everyone.  I don't get why it's a big deal."

 

Amanda felt like she had struck a nerve.  "I'm not accusing you.  Everyone enjoys sex, and if I'm being honest, I can't get you and sex out of my brain.  But I don't want that to be all we have."

 

JC pulled Amanda's hand to his lips again.  "I can't stop thinking about you either.  That isn't all we have and that's not all we are.  We're new and I just want to do a lot of things to you that I can't stop thinking about."

 

Amanda grinned and dropped her head against the headrest.  She had never felt so sexually attracted to someone.  Sure, sex had always been fun, but the pull she felt to him was magnetic.

 

"Have you considered that I have a lot of things I want to do to you?"

 

"Jesus, woman, how far away is this hotel?"

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love producerjc