The incessant screaming of an alarm caused Nicole to wake with a start. She shot up in her bed, and in a matter of seconds dropped back down. The change in elevation caused a noticeable change in pressure, and she felt like an anvil was sitting on her brain. An arm reached over her to quiet the alarm. She turned and saw Matt get out of the bed. She looked around to make sure she was in her own home, but the blackout curtains doubled by the fogginess of her sight made it difficult for her to see clearly. 

"Matt?" she mumbled. 

"Yup." 

"Where are we?" She asked trying to sit up again, but her whole body ached, and she felt more comfortable flat on her back. 

"You're home. I gotta go. I have to work. How are you feeling?"

"Like I was run over. Why are you here? I thought you and Candy went home? Where's Candace?"

"We did, but you felt like drinking. Apparently too much. I had to come back and get you. Who were you with?"

She pressed the fingertips of both of her hands into closed eyes, trying to massage the dizziness from her head. "I don't know," she mumbled. "I don't remember drinking that much."

"Do you remember Josh and Mitchel?"

She rolled onto her stomach and buried her face in the pillow. "Who?"

"Josh. Some guy answered your phone at the bar. Said you were passed out. Were you with him? Was he going to be your next one-night stand?"

"That's not fair," she said softly into the pillow. "I don't know. Tattoos?" 

"No, older guy. White, longish hair."

"No. I was with tattoos. Hot. Kike! I was hoping you were him." 

"Well, you know how to pick them. Kike put something in your drink. These two guys saw and got you out of there. You couldn't make it home. I called you. They answered because you couldn't and here we are." 

Nicole rolled back over. She breathed a few concentrated breaths, and sat up. She looked over at Matt, who was seated on the edge of her bed tying his shoes. She tried to remember, but couldn't. The last thing she remembered was dancing with him, and a flash of the bathroom. "I don't remember," she whispered. 

Matt got up and circled to the other side of the bed. He placed his hands on either side of her face. "I love you. So much. But you can't keep doing this. You need to make smarter choices. You deserve better." 

"Are you blaming me? I didn't do anything wrong. I should be able to drink at a fucking bar without it getting drugged." She started to raise her voice, but the louder she got, the more her head pulsed. 

"No, Nic. I am not blaming you, but you gotta be more careful. I gotta go to work." He turned her head to the side, kissed her cheek, and left the room. 

"It feels like blame," Nicole called out as she heard the front door shut. She fell back into the bed.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: affair triangles otherwoman boyfriendjc postsync producerjc moodyjc friendswithbenefits cheaterjc