"Nic, maybe it's time to stop?"

"What?" she leaned in, cupping her ear in her hands and moving the side of her face closer to his mouth. 

The small Stache Bar was packed with people. A wave of blue and white clad Dodgers fans began to stream their way out of the bar to make room for the crowd of greasers waiting for the DJ Panic, who was kicking off his night of spinning Smiths' records with a remixed version of "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable."

"I think it's time to stop. We're gonna head out soon anyway, I'm just closing the tab." 

"Okay dad! It's not even ten o'clock. C'mon, Matt. I am off work. It's spring break."

"Nic, I can't. You may not have to teach tomorrow, but I have to work."

"Candy, make him stay. We can dance. Let's dance!" Nicole grabbed Candace's hand and tried to move her closer to the small makeshift dance floor near the bar's pool table. 

"I haven't had enough to drink to put up with The Smiths. Girl, I'm ready to call it a night."

"We can go somewhere else. Red Room, Fern's, the gay bars on Broadway. Candy, the Go-Go Boys are fine!"

Matt placed his arm around Candace and pulled her into his chest. He kissed her temple. "I can be your go-go boy," he mumbled into her ear. 

"Nicole, I can't. We're good. Matt and I are ready to go home." 

"Nic, let's go. We'll walk you." With his arm still wrapped around his wife, Matt placed his free hand on the small of Nicole's back and started to escort both women out of the bar. 

"No," Nicole whined. I'm not leaving. "I'm gonna hang out. I like The Smiths."

"Since when?" Matt sucked his teeth and laughed.

Nicole picked up her gin in tonic, took a sip and began swaying to Morrissey's awkward crooning.  

"Text me when you get home." Matt laughed and placed a kiss on Nicole's cheek, turned and escorted Candace from the bar.  

Nicole continued to sway but lost her desire when she realized she wasn't drunk enough to dance alone. She walked her drink to an empty seat at the end of the bar, and sat down. Contemplating her next move. She knew, first and foremost, she needed another drink. She tried to wave the bartender down, but he passed by without a second glance. She tried again, but again she went unnoticed. She sighed, and the man next to her leaned over and said loudly near her ear, "You're hot, you shouldn't have this problem." She turned slightly to get a better look, unsure if she should be flattered or repulsed, but was pleasantly surprised by a pair of blue/green eyes staring back at her. His eyes were contrasted by his tanned olive complexion, and full, but nicely trimmed beard. She winked at him and allowed her eyes to trail down his muscular tattooed arms resting against the shiny, polished resin bar top. "Yeah, well I guess his taste isn't as good as yours," she smiled. 

"Marcus!" He called, and whistled sharply. The bartender turned and walked over. "She needs a drink," he nodded towards Nicole. 

"Gin and Tonic, please," she smiled sweetly.

"On my tab, Marcus. Thanks." 

Nicole eyed him flirtatiously. 

"Ginebra y Tónica. Wild. Salvaje." The stranger laughed. 

"Nicole," she introduced herself. 

He took her hand in his and replied, "Kike." 

"Thank you Kike."

"Not a problem. What happened to your boyfriend?"

"He died."

Kike laughed. "Pure filth, mama..."

She smiled as Marcus slid a paper coaster across the bar top and placed her drink down in front of her. She took a sip. "Dance?"

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: affair triangles otherwoman boyfriendjc postsync producerjc moodyjc friendswithbenefits cheaterjc