Author's Chapter Notes:

So this was originally a longer chapter, but decided it felt best to split it. 

Ch. 14
Annie needed to talk to someone, but her closest and oldest girlfriend, Sadie was back in Millington, so that wasn’t going to work because she needed to talk to someone in person. She grabbed her phone, ignoring all the messages from Trace, and texted someone else she was close with who would be good to talk to, and was nearby.

Meet me at Greta’s Diner in 15 minutes

She then threw her hair in a messy ponytail, putting a Michigan baseball hat over her head, grabbed her purse, keys, and phone, and headed out the door to Greta’s Diner

Around 20 minutes later, Annie looked from her spot in a back booth and noticed a brunette with light brown highlights getting into the seat across from her.

"You look like shit," the girl said smiling, "So what was so urgent that you made me leave my niece’s soccer game, not that I’m sorry since you can only watch 3-year-olds playing for so long before they start to not care. Thank You," the brunette said as the waitress poured her a coffee.

"I slept with Justin," Annie said.

"I knew that," Lucy replied.

"No, I mean like last night… and this morning."

"Wait! You mean like last last night and just a few hours ago morning?" Lucy whispered.

Annie just nodded in confirmation.

"And with Justin Justin?"

Annie nodded again.

"Oh Annie," Lucy sighed.

"I know I’m going to hell."

"I hope you have your will written, plus where’s Scott this weekend?"

"Frat brother's wedding in Atlanta."

"So did you call Justin for this booty call?"

"Really?" Annie asked, looking at Lucy like she had 3 heads.

"Sorry, just had to get it out of the way."

"No, actually I wanted to spend the night by myself, and then he just showed up…"

"Why? Where’s Miss Jessica?"

"She’s in Canada filming I guess," Annie shrugged. "But he came over to apologize for Jessica’s actions during the meeting at work a few weeks ago."

"Well seems like he did more than apologize…"

"Lucy…"

"Sorry, so what exactly happened?"

"Well to help deal with this heart-to-heart we started drinking and had some bread pudding that I made."

"Your bread pudding is dangerous too."

~Meanwhile…

"It’s about time you got back," Trace said as he waited by the front door as Justin walked in handing Trace his truck keys.

"Sorry, but I have this as an apology," Justin smirked handing over a Tupperware container.

Trace gave him a side-eye look, as he took the container and peeked inside.

"Is this what I think it is?"

"Maybe?"

Trace then grabbed some of the contents in the container. "Taste like it… Annie’s mom’s bread pudding?"

"You’re welcome," Justin smirked.

"You slept with her, didn’t you?" Trace shouted as he took the Tupperware to the kitchen.

Justin remained silent until Trace got back to the foyer and ignoring Trace’s question. "Why’d the rush to get your truck back?"

"I gotta pick up the girls from dance class, then take them to a classmates birthday party."

"I’ll go with you," Justin said, as the two men made their way back to the truck.

~Diner~

"So, what are you going to do?"

"I don’t know," Annie whined. "Is it bad that I kinda hope that Scott slept with a bridesmaid, so I don’t feel so bad?"

"Well you guys aren’t married, so I don’t see why not," Lucy shrugged. "If I was you, I would be more worried about Jessica finding out."

"Which at that point, I might as well go into hiding. I don’t get it, Sammie and I get along, but then Jessica wants me to end a 30 plus year friendship. I’ve always got along with J’s girlfriends, but the moment Jess and I met, it’s been death glare and looks since the, ‘I would like you to meet…’"

"Wait, she wanted you to end your friendship?"

"Oh yeah told me backstage at his show at Bridgestone a few weeks ago. I just laughed at her, said nope, and walked out."

"Well you and J have been through a lot together, so there’s that. Maybe the article put her over the edge?"

"Oh don't get me started on that dumb article! And exactly, we have been through a lot together. But then I got to thinking about it, and was like maybe I should end it because I don’t want to be the same kind of person that got in between Brad and I."

"But now you are that person," Lucy pointed out.

"I know," Annie mumbled, hitting her head on the table.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: trace originalcharacter best friends bestfriends