"Good afternoon my little peanuts!" Lance spoke into the microphone in front of him. "Happy Tuesday... and you know what that means? Our new music listening party! Hopefully DrewBoo picked out better songs this week."

 

"Well what can I say? You win some, you lose some," Drew shrugged. On last week's show, he had pulled six new songs that have just been released and they hadn't gone over too well with anyone. He'd even gotten tweets about the songs.

 

"Last week's were pretty bad," Lance said. "We'll get to those coming up soon. Let me introduce you to my peanuts today. We have DrewBoo."

"Hello."

 

"Giggles Delcampo."

 

"Hi," Lisa spoke into the microphone. A child laughing sound drop echoed in her ears from the New York studio.

 

"Turkey Turchin...Turkey what are you doing?"

 

"Ruining my picture!" Rachel slapped Michael's hand away as it crept toward her piece of white computer paper she had snatched from the printer before she sat down. The box of Crayola crayons (a staple on Lance's desk for some unknown reason) was opened in front of her. A few were spilled out on the desk.

 

"What are you drawing?" Lance asked with a laughed as he tried so see through the microphones and other things that sat on the desk.

 

"Dingo and Foster wearing suits for Giggles," Rachel held up the photo so her brother could see. The picture wasn't finished yet. She had only drawn Dingo wearing a black suit. Foster was next to him. He wasn't wearing a suit yet. The process was being hindered by Michael.

 

"Awwww," Lisa gushed as she stared at the picture. She loved Lance's dogs. She loved pictures of dogs in suits. "Don't ruin it Michael!"

 

Michael laughed as he tried to bring the red crayon down on Rachel's picture.

 

"You're such a jerk," Rachel sighed in frustration as Michael succeeded in making a red mark on her paper. With a glare in his direction she snatched the crayon from his grasp and set about fixing the drawing.

 

"It's gonna be one of those shows," Lance commented with a head shake. "Also joining us today is my sister, Rachel. Fresh off her vacation on the East Coast..."

 

"Ha," she said stopping her drawing to pay attention to the show. "Yeah. Vacation," she rolled her eyes. "More like a working vacation."

 

"Tell us about this working vacation," Lance said, swiveling his chair back and forth. "JC had some pretty big news."

 

"That's right," She smiled. She was still so happy that this all fell together. She was so proud of JC. "JC will be playing the role of Pontius Pilate in the North American Jesus Christ Superstar Tour."

 

"Wow," Lance still couldn't believe it. He was shocked when he read the announcement. He had no clue. Neither Rachel nor JC had given him any sort of hint that it was coming. "And he joins this crazy line up of cast members," he searched through the papers on the desk in front of him that Drew had printed out for the show.

 

"Yes," she nodded. "First there is JC playing Pontius Pilate. Michelle Williams from Destiny's Child is Mary Magdalene. Brandon Boyd from Incubus, Johnny Rotton from the Sex Pistols."

 

"There are a lot of differences between all of them," Drew said.

 

"It's...interesting," Rachel said. "To say the least."

 

"Where is he anyway? Why didn't he come?"

 

"He's holed up writing with Jimmy and another writer working on some new songs for Girl Radical."

 

"We need to get his ass back on here. He owes me an interview since he didn't tell me about this at all," he reached for his phone shooting off a text to JC.

 

"What else did you do in New York?" Lisa asked as Lance was on his phone.

 

"Well I hung out with Sam one night," she mentioned the producer of the radio show. "Where we basically ordered take out, bar hopped, trashed men, before ending up back at her place drinking wine and trash talking people we both mutually knew."

 

"We drank so much, I was still drunk the next day," Sam chimed in from New York.

 

"I was too," Rachel grimaced at the memory. "Boy was JC ma-ad," she added the extra syllable hoping to get it across how ticked JC was. "We had interviews that morning starting at seven, so we had to be up and about. I felt like ass. I definitely had to leave an interview to throw up in the bathroom."

 

"Oh my God," Lisa gaped. "I would have been mortified!"

 

"I was too drunk to be anything."

 

"How'd JC take that?" Drew asked.

 

"He didn't talk to me at all for the rest of the day. Barely even looked at me. When he did it was to glare. I was pretty sure I was gonna be fired."

 

Lance laughed at this. "Like JC would ever fire you."

 

"Oh I'm pretty sure I came close to finding my own way back to LA. Then I would have been bunking with you and Michael."

 

Lance chuckled. "Take a look around Sis. I don't think you want to be here."

 

"I see there hasn't been much change since I went to New York. What's going on?"

 

"What isn't going on," Lisa said as Lance groaned.

 

"We were doing the show on Friday and they decided to work on the electric," Drew said.

 

"Oh no."

 

"Yeah. In the middle of the show, they turned the power off to the house," Lance said incredulously. He still couldn't believe it. They knew he was doing a radio show from the house and the times but they still just turned off the power.

 

"I have never seen anyone move as slow as these guys in the last two weeks that we've been moved in," Michael said. He was mad. The house was unfinished. He knew it wasn't going to be completely finished when he and Lance had to move in. But he hadn't expected it to be nearly unlivable. They had no hot water. They didn't even have a working kitchen. They ate out a lot or at friends' houses.

 

"Yeah," Lance cut in. "In the weeks leading up to us moving in there were kicking butt. Getting things done. They were actually ahead of schedule. Then we moved in and they've drug their feet. They've missed deadlines. It's... it's a mess."

 

"I have a question," Lisa spoke. "How did you get JC to stop being mad at you?"

 

"Did you guys kiss and make up?" Lance asked wiggling his eyebrows knowingly.

 

Rachel felt a blush creep over her features. That would have been something. She briefly wondered what would have happened if she had just kissed JC in the middle of his silent treatment. 'Probably would be living in Lance's construction zone.' "He actually ended up getting a little tipsy that night. We were at this bar in Jersey, hanging out with people JC knew and such," she started giggling remembering the night. "He was so drunk he actually broke out into the 'It's Gonna Be Me' dance."

 

"Nuh uh," Lance said with a wide grin.

 

"You're kidding," Drew said.

 

"Nope," Rachel shook her head. "I don't even know how it started; how the discussion even came up. He got up on these chairs that were pushed together..."

 

"No way!" Lance chuckled.

 

"Oh yeah," she nodded. "Right there in the bar, up on those chairs he started the choreography." She stopped as everyone broke out into a hard laughter. Drew even clapped his hands.

 

"Please tell me there is a video," Drew asked hopefully.

 

"I may or may not have taken one," Rachel grinned mischievously.

 

"While my sister shows this blackmail worthy video, we need to take a break," Lance said as he sent his show into commercial. "I want to see this video now." He wiggled his fingers in a 'give me' manner indicating he wanted her phone.

 

"Just a minute," Rachel said as she opened the camera on her phone.

 

"The commercial break is only so long," Lance reminded his sister. When she handed over her phone already at the video he quickly pressed play. "Oh my God..." he started laughing as he watched JC do the chorus part of the dance to 'It's Gonna Be Me'.

 

"How did he not fall?" Drew asked.

 

"I thought for sure he'd fall off and break a leg," Rachel said honestly.

 

"Not so concerned that you didn't stop videoing," Michael said.

 

"Of course not," Rachel said giggling.

 

"Welcome back Dirty Pop," Lance spoke when the commercial ended. "During that break we learned that JC still remembers that 'It's Gonna Be Me' dance."

 

"And you can't even remember the words," Lisa giggled as she and Michael watched the video before passing the phone back to Rachel.

 

"I can't remember lyrics for shit," Lance said.

 

"He's right, he can't."

 

"I took one of those BuzzFeed quizzes they had up for lyrics and I failed...miserably." While everyone was laughing at him, his phone buzzed on the desk in front of him. He glanced down at the display with the notion of not replying until he saw what it was and who it was from. "This oughta be good," he chuckled, picking up his phone.

 

"What is it?" Lisa asked.

 

"Can we get through one show without checking our phones?" Drew complained.

 

"So JC just sent me a video," Lance looked at Rachel who had straightened in her seat. "Does that mean JC's listening right now? Your dancing skills - even drunk - are still on point. Far better than mine when I'm sober."

 

"Hi JC!" Lisa gave him a shout out.

 

"Now let's see what video he would send..." he tapped the play button and watched grinned seeing a video of Rachel. The video was shot from behind. Rachel was sitting in her stool, drawing on the canvas in front of her. He could just make out the ear bud wires coming from her ears.

 

"'Tell me why...ain't nothing but a heartache. Tell me why... ain't nothing but a mistake...tell me why I never want to hear you say. I want it that way.'" Lance couldn't stop from laughing as he listened to Rachel belt out a song by the Backstreet Boys. "Oh man Rachel..."

 

"Oh God," Rachel buried her head in her hands; her face aflame. "Turn that off!"

 

"I think this deserves to be tweeted out!"

 

"No!" Rachel gasped. "Don't you dare! Lance! Delete that right now!" She grabbed her phone and quickly sent off a text to JC. 'I wouldn't be home when I get there if I were you.'

 

'I ain't scared.'

 

"We know who got the singing talent in the Bass family."

 

"I am completely mortified," Rachel groaned, covering her face. "I sound worse than a dying cat. Please delete that."

 

"Don't feel bad Sis," Lance grinned at her. "With a little auto tune you'll be at the top of the charts."

 

"I hate you," Rachel glared at him when he played the video again. "JC, you're in big trouble. I'd make yourself scarce tonight."

 

*~*

 

Matthew Morrison got out of his car. He silenced his phone before sticking it in his pocket. There was a heavy weight pressing down on his chest. Nothing good was going to come out of this. Ever since the text came through, he felt sick. The moment his phone beeped signaling the text, his whole demeanor changed. He was filled with dread.

 

One mistake was coming back to haunt him. One bad night, one indiscretion was gonna ruin everything - was gonna turn his life upside down. Everything he had painstakingly built was going to come crashing down. He would always have his music, acting could come and go at any moment but Renee - his beautiful wife - she could leave him and he would never get her back. It was something he wouldn't recover from.

 

He rang the doorbell and waited, torn between willing it to open quickly and to never open. He kept his head down not wanting anyone to see him. The last thing he wanted to be was recognized. If that happened everything would fall apart.

 

'It's going to anyway. Lies always came out.'

 

Matt hoped the voice was wrong, but he feared it wasn't. In this business nothing stayed a secret. Someone always found out. He should have told her immediately but he was too scared. Renee would leave him. He couldn't let that happen. He would do anything to keep her in his life.

 

"Hello Matt," Addison sent him a smile as she held open the door.

 

Including making a deal with the devil.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers unrequited love assistant court postsync originalcharacter jc lance solojc