The plow never came and the snow started to fall again. Somehow the morning went by and the afternoon passed in a blur. We had made hot pockets and Doritos for dinner. I was starting to become nervous about not being able to get to work the next day .I'd set up camp in my bedroom with my laptop and worked from home as best as I could. Technically it was my day off, but I always prepared myself for the worst. In case I couldn't go in the next day I'd still have gotten something done.Justin had already made a few calls. I suggested he rent a helicopter again but he refused.

 

The view from the bed was comforting as the snow fell quietly from the sky. I felt the bed shift, and looked over at him as he sat beside me. His hand rubbed my thigh in an affectionate way. We had definitely been keeping ourselves entertained. I could honestly say there wasn’t a part on my body that he hadn’t touched yet. 

 

“I think it’s safe to say we’re doomed.” He teased,and  pulled my black shawl around him. I cocked an eyebrow, and picked up the fringed corner of it. “You do realize this is my shawl right? I bought it at Forever 21.” 

 

He looked it over and shrugged. “I only have one pair of clothes here. I thought I’d switch it up a bit. I’m also glad we’re comfortable being naked around each other now because my underwear and socks are going in the washing machine soon.” 

 

I placed my hand over my mouth and tried to hold in my laugh. He grabbed me up and pulled me into his lap. I felt my breath catch in my throat as he began kissing up the length of my neck. My fingers found his hair and I toyed with it. I could tell he was smirking without even looking down at him. “This is okay right?” I asked, unsure of what 'this' was even called at the moment. 

 

He stopped kissing  the nape of my neck and made eye contact.” Why wouldn't it be? I like you Ryland. You're funny and I like being around you. Not to mention you're beautiful.” 

 

I felt the blush seep into my cheeks at his compliments. “I’m sorry I trapped us here. You could be back in LA by now.” I pulled away from him a bit, feeling overwhelmed and guilty. I didn't want complications or to think about what was to come. I was happy and satisfied with the moment we were in. I didn't want to think ahead. If time suddenly stood still I wouldn't mind.

 

“Stop apologizing. I’m kinda of glad you did. If you hadn’t I’d never have gotten a chance to really get to know you. You’ve got nothing to be sorry for.” He tilted my head closer to him and I felt his lips kiss my temple. I definitely didn’t want him to ever leave, but I knew that was unavoidable. 

 

 

The plow came the next morning. I watched it through my living room window as it cleared the street. People were already outside digging their cars out, and I was dreading the fact that it was time to step back into reality. 

 

Bringing the black ceramic coffee mug to my lips, I took a slow a drink before going into my bedroom to wake Justin up and relay the wonderful delightful news.

 

My room was quiet and the blinds were closed keeping the room dark still and hidden from the sunlight outside. It was peaceful. The only sounds weres the space heater and Justin’s breathing. I lay on my side and faced him. He always slept on his left side. It worked out perfectly since I liked to sleep on my right, so we’d always face each other before falling asleep. Extending my hand out, I let it move over the side of his face. 

 

His stubble scratched the palm of my hand as I moved it back and forth against him. He was lucky I liked him. I could get used to him being in my bed. My simple Queen sized bed from Ikea. My bedding wasn’t top of the line but instead was a Nate Berkus set my mom had bought me at Target two years ago. It was almost weird to see Justin in such an ordinary setting. He lived in hotel suites with California King sized beds and duvet covers. To see him in my small bedroom on my Target sheets in my Ikea Queen sized bed was almost amusing. 

 

I leaned into him and kissed him on the lips. He inhaled a breath and shifted a bit. My arm wrapped around his waist and I pulled myself against his body. This movement caused him to open his eyes for just a moment so he could wrap his own arm around me and press me firmly against him. I smiled into his chest as I felt his body relax again. “The plow came.” I whispered, tracing my fingers over his biceps. He opened his eyes fully and looked me over. 

 

“Yeah? That’s great.” He yawned and stretched his arms up towards the ceiling. “I guess you won’t have to miss another day of work after all.” 

 

“Yeah, woo work.” I pumped my fist in the air as he finally stood up and began pulling his jeans on. 

 

“What’s wrong?” A concerned look came over his face, and in typical girl fashion I shrugged then pulled my pillow on top of my stomach, hugging it against me. 

 

“Nothing. It’s just…this was probably one of the best snowed in experiences I’ve ever had.” I admitted quietly, trying to avoid eye contact. 

 

He sat back down on the bed beside me and pulled my pillow away, tossing it carelessly to the end of the bed. “Are you assuming I’m going to just whistle on out of here ?” His eyebrows raised, and he tilted my chin forcing me to look up at him. “Ryland, I want to see you again. Beyond these walls…” He laughed, putting his hand over mine and giving it a decent squeeze. “You can’t expect to get rid of me that easily.” 

 

Pressing my lips together, I tried desperately to just believe what he’d said. I wanted to more than anything, but instead I refused to. “Justin, this was great, but we …you and I wouldn’t work. I have a very demanding job. I can’t just do things freely like you. I have commitments…and your lifestyle doesn’t mesh with mine. I really like you, but it wouldn’t logically work…” 

 

“Wow, you’re shooting me down before I can even ask you out on a date?” It was obvious he was joking, but I could tell I’d hit a nerve. “Ryland, I get that you work a lot. I work a lot too. No we don’t live in the same city let alone same state, but that doesn’t mean I can’t come see you….” His hand made contact with my face as he rubbed it in an affectionate way. “I mean logically we’d work. I wouldn’t always be here to interfere with you working… “He smirked, and I could tell he wasn’t going to give up so easily. 

 

I pulled the blanket over my face, hoping he wouldn’t hear me. “I’m going to miss you when you leave.”

 

His hand gripped it and pulled it down. The smile on his face reached from ear to ear and he leaned down to kiss me. “I’ll be back soon. After Christmas…” His finger traced my jawline. “We can make it work.”

 

I was hesitant to agree with him. I knew it would be easy to fall in love with him, but that made me vulnerable to get my heart crushed into a million pieces. “Don’t hurt me.” I warned.

 

His features softened, and he shook his head slowly. “I won’t, if you don’t hurt me either.” 

 

“Deal.” My hand extended, encouraging him to shake it as if we had just made some big business transaction. In a way it was much more important than that. 

 

His hand took mine and we shook once. “Deal.”

 

I had no idea what I’d just gotten myself into, but in that moment I didn’t care. What did I have to lose? 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin christmas