Author's Chapter Notes:
HUGE thanks to elle-miranda for helping me fix this chapter.

"Fuck!" JC called out as he fell back against the pillows after another delicious round of sex. "Ken, how do you keep making it better?"

"Hey, it’s not just me, sexy."

"It’s a good thing you don’t live out here," he teased with his eyes closed. "You’d kill me if we kept this up."

"You can ALWAYS say no…..or call Sasha."

He laughed and didn’t realize she had left the bed until he heard the bathroom door slam. He called her name and went to the door but she’d locked it. He heard the toilet flush then the shower start. Shit! He’d said something stupid and now she was mad.

"I need some fucking coffee."

He pulled on some sweat pants then headed downstairs, stretching and yawning as he went. He hated fight with anyone but he REALLY hated fighting with a woman. With a guy, you said shit and maybe shoved a little then you laughed about it. With women, they filed EVERY little thing in their minds and used it to their advantage later. One little comment could come back to bite him multiple times and usually as a sneak attack.

"Fuck me." He grumbled as he started the coffee.

He watched the coffee pot steam and hiss then finally the delicious aroma wafted up to his nostrils. He took several deep breaths of it as he watched the pot fill. Once it made the gurgling sound, he poured two tall steaming mugs. He took several sips from one then headed back upstairs. The bathroom door was still closed so he sat back on the bed, placing her mug on the table beside him. He turned on the television and mindlessly flipped channels until he heard the bathroom door open. He muted the TV show and waited until she emerged, freshly showered and dressed in a blue bra and panties set.

"I brought you some coffee," he announced casually and held it out to her, hoping she wouldn’t dump it over his head.

"Thank you."

She took the mug from him and sipped it as she walked around the bed. He watched her set it on the dresser then rummage through her suitcase. She pulled out a plain pink t-shirt and another pair of jean shorts. She added socks then pulled her shorts on, still not making eye contact.

"Can we do Disney today?" she asked and sat on the bed to pull her socks on. "We’ll be in public so I won’t touch you and get the wrong idea."

"Ken….I don’t want to fight."

"Me either."

"I said something that I hurt your feelings." He sighed and crawled over to her, attempting to touch her nearly naked back but she moved before he made contact. "Ken…."

"I get it. I promise to leave you alone and not molest you again."

"That’s not what I want or meant."

She pulled her shirt on then added her watch and single ring from the table. She slid her phone into her back pocket then headed back into the bathroom. She returned a few minutes later with her makeup on and hairbrush in hand. She sat at the foot of the bed and slowly French braided her hair down the center of the back of her head.

"How do you do that?" he asked, mesmerized. "It looks like someone else did it but I just watched you do it."

"Practice. Are you showering this morning?"

"Yeah."

"OK. I’ll find something for breakfast for us then we can go whenever you’re ready," she stated as she tied off her hair. "See you downstairs."

JC sighed and finished his coffee before heading to the shower. He hated how cool she was with him but he understood. He knew he would have to work at getting the warmth back into their relationship, or whatever it is. He didn’t take long in the shower then dressed in cargo shorts and t-shirt. He finished off with socks, shoes, hat, wallet and phone then took his empty mug downstairs.

"I found stuff for pancakes."

"Fantastic." JC smiled as she stood facing the stove. "I haven’t mastered pancakes. Usually the kitchen is a HUGE mess."

She nodded but didn’t turn to face him as he entered the kitchen and refilled his mug. There was a small stack of pancakes sitting next to her on the counter. He gathered the butter and syrup then placed them near the plates and silverware near the stools.

"Do you want juice?" he asked as brushed his hand across her back and felt her stiffen. "Ken, I like touching you. I like you touching me. I’m sorry for what I said."

"You already said that. I’m sorry. I guess I’m sensitive today. I’ll get out of my funk." She promised with a smile. "Sometimes I don’t know why little things bother me. I don’t want you to think I ONLY want you for sex."

"You can have me for ALL the sex you want." He grinned. "Hey, I can be sensitive, too but I REALLY didn’t mean anything by it."

"I know."

"How long are you going to be cool to me?"

"I don’t know. I need to shake off the funk." She whispered and placed the last pancake on the plate. "We sex addicts are touchy people, or so I’ve been told."

He started to laugh then stopped himself until he saw her holding her own laugh in. Finally he let his go, loud and boisterous and she laughed too as she headed to their plates. JC watched her face and she seemed to no longer be mad, but he proceeded cautiously.

They ate, cleaned up the kitchen then Kennelly double checked her small bag. She had sunscreen, sunglasses and hand sanitizer as well as her wallet. She made sure she had her phone then tied her sneakers that she’d left by his front door the first day she arrived. She squared her shoulders and met his eye.

"One more thing before we go."

"OK," JC said out loud then ‘crap!’ in his head.

"Disney is my treat because you have paid for nearly everything except lunch yesterday. Don’t argue with me because you won’t win. Besides, you flash your credit card and the wrong person reads it, day over. Got it."

"Yes."

"Good." She nodded and headed to the garage. "I assume SUV because it blends in better, right?"

"Yeah."

She went to the passenger side and waited for him to unlock the door. Once it was unlocked, she hopped in and buckled her seatbelt. He started the SUV and music came through the speakers immediately. He reached to turn it down so they could talk but she claimed to like the song and he left it be. They drove the 45 minutes without saying much but enjoying the radio. She didn’t place her hand on his thigh like she usually did but didn’t stop him from placing his on her thigh. His fingers caressed the soft skin of her leg and she smiled over at him. As they got closer and Disney signs started appearing, her leg started to bounce.

"You excited?"

"Oh yeah." She smiled out the window. "I hope you like all of the rides here because I want to go on as many of them as possible."

"I’m game. You pick the direction."

"I googled the map on my phone and the statistics show that most people go to the right so I suggest we go to the left. That will bring us to AdventureLand. I think we should start with Indiana Jones Adventure then Jungle Cruise and Tarzan’s tree house before we do the Tiki Room. After that, I say we keep going around the park."

"You’ve really thought this through."

"I like to have an idea of where stuff is so I can hit all of the things I want to do."

JC found an open parking space and they hopped out. With his hat in place and their eyes behind shades, they headed to the gate. There were people waiting to get in so the two of them joined the queue. JC placed his hand on her shoulder and smiled down at her. He had to work hard at restraining himself as she pulled her wallet out and paid their way in.

"Thank you."

"You’re welcome," she smiled and headed through the park entrance. "Ready?"

"Ready."

She nodded and they headed down Main Street. As usual, there were park employees taking pictures for couples and families with castle in the background. On a whim, JC pulled Kennelly close and dipped her. She was laughing and clutching his arms as the picture was snapped. He pulled her back up, kissed her nose and took the number from the employee. People around them stopped to look in the different shops but Kennelly was on a mission. She led the way and they were quickly at the Indiana Jones Adventure.

"Good plan, Ken. Not many people on this side of the park yet."

They made their way through almost all of the park, stopping on occasion to enjoy a show with a cool drink. JC got to see Ken’s competitive side a couple of times and he laughed, admiring her spunk. She made him ride the Dumbo’s Flying Elephants and the teacups before he finally convinced her to get some food as they settled into their Matterhorn Bobsled. Once they got off the ride, he took her hand and they entered Tomorrowland to eat at Club Buzz.

"It feels good in here," she sighed as they stood in line and she took it all in. "What are you getting?"

"Burger and fries. You?"

"I think I want a chicken sandwich."

They ordered, she paid and they found a place to sit. All of the tables were super close and there were kids everywhere. Twice the same boy ran into JC’s chair and his mother didn’t even look up from her phone. The little boy laughed after the second time then stomped his little foot right on top of JC’s before running off.

"What a brat," Kennelly scowled. "That mother needs a kick in the ass so she’ll get off her stupid phone."

JC took a bite of his burger then glanced over at the mother, who was still looking at her phone. The little boy grabbed a large cup of soda, drank some then poured it on the floor. That got the mom’s attention and she spanked him right in front of everyone. Kennelly started to stand and tell the woman what she thought but JC stopped her.

"Don’t. It’ll fall on deaf ears," he whispered and rubbed his hand over hers. "Some people just shouldn’t be parents."

"Let’s finish while I can still hold me tongue."

After eating, they took their drinks to the Innoventions exhibits then got line for Space Mountain. The line wound around until it was finally their turn. They laughed and screamed on the coaster then they swung around to the Astro Orbitor, Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. The entire day had been amazing and fun.

Now the sun was setting and Kennelly said her legs hurt so they made their way back to Main Street. She bought a few souvenirs and he secretly picked up their arrival photo, paying for two copies. He found her purchasing salt water taffy and caramel corn. Once she was finished, he led her around to get her a set of Mickey Mouse ears. She laughed and nodded, selecting a Minnie Mouse set complete with a red and white ribbon. He had her name stitched in the back then splurged on his own set. As soon as they were ready, he asked the attendant to take their picture with his phone. The employee agreed and snapped their picture as they laughed wearing the ears.

"Thank you for an amazing day," JC whispered as he pulled Kennelly close when they walked to the SUV. "I haven’t had that much fun here since I came with Joey and his girls."

"You’re most welcome. I enjoyed it."

"Do you want to head home?"

"Sure but what about dinner?" she asked as he unlocked the vehicle. "Do you have something at home for us to cook?"

"Let’s order a pizza or something."

"OK."

Chapter End Notes:

What do you think?!?!?!?!  Big thanks again to elle-miranda. Love you, girl!



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: doggiestyle kitchensex friendswithbenefits