Author's Chapter Notes:
LA night life and face to face with a FWB. How will Ken handle that?

They lounged on his couch after they’d showered and both dozed off. Neither was in a hurry and they just enjoyed being close. They kissed lazily and touched freely. It was the most relaxing afternoon JC had had in a long time.

“I know I’ve said it already several times, but I’m so glad you came out,” JC whispered and kissed her again. “I’m already dreading you leaving on Sunday.”

“Don’t rush us. We still have tonight and all day tomorrow to be together.”

“I know.”

“I’m sorry I can’t be with you on your birthday.” She smiled and ran her fingers through his hair. “Maybe we can work something out and see each other just after.”

“I’d like that.”

“Me, too. You could come to Chicago. I have a couple of trades I’m trying to make but I’m unsure if I can make them happen so I might be stuck for in Illinois for a while.”

“I’ll see what I can do,” he answered and settled his head on her chest, sighing happily. “Can I stay with you when I’m there?”

“Definitely! Keep in mind that my bed is only a queen so we might be a little crowded.”

“I like crowding you.”

“I like it, too,” she whispered then was quite for a long time. “I wonder how that little girl is.”

“I’m sure she’s fine…..because of you.”

“Hmm…..”

They stayed there until well after the sun had set. They had watched half a dozen episodes of Dog the Bounty Hunter then they decided to heat the leftovers from their cooking class. Kennelly settled on the floor in front of the couch with her plate on the coffee table so JC joined her. They talked while they ate and decided to head out for a little while after they finished. JC took care of the dishes and Kennelly headed upstairs to find something to wear.

“Any luck?” JC called as he climbed the stairs then shook his head at the sight of her standing in his bedroom. “Fuck!”

She was wearing a pair of skin tight black jeans with high heeled boots and a black push up bra. She had two shirts in her hands and she was debating them. She turned to look at him and smiled.

“I’m almost ready. Just need to figure out which shirt.”

“I’m looking at the jeans. Those are tight, Ken. Your ass is ah-mazing!”

“Thanks, boo. Red or purple?” she asked as she held both up against her face. “They fit the same so it’s really a matter of color.”

“Red.

”She nodded and pulled the shirt over her head. It flattered her figure with some lace around the top of her breasts and she headed to the bathroom. JC changed into tight jeans and a comfortable shirt with an open button down over it. He slid on some shoes then joined her in the bathroom. He watched her finish off her makeup, liking the more dramatic look, then fluffed her hair. It was lying in gentle curls and she seemed pleased. She double checked her clothes in the mirror and smiled before leaving him to finish. He came out a few minutes later as she was moving a few items into a small clutch.

“I’m ready if you are.”

“I think I am.” She double checked her clutch then added some lip gloss. “I don’t have a lot of cash but I have my card so I should be good. Are we cabbing it or driving?”

“I’m driving. We’ll take the GT and I have cash.”

She nodded then followed him down the stairs. They climbed into the expensive car and he brought the engine to life with a loud purr. She laughed and buckled her seat belt before winking at him.

“When you wink at me like that, I know we’re going to get naked later,” he stated as he backed out of the garage. “I love that wink.”

“We don’t have to get naked. I’m cool with not having sex. It’s up to you.”

“LIAR!”

“True,” she laughed and dropped her hand on his thigh. “I don’t expect you to put out every time I want to and vice versa. We just seem to click on that level right now.”

“I don’t feel pressure to….ahem….perform with you.”

“Good. Now, when you come to Chicago……”

He laughed and patted her thigh. He knew she was kidding but he also knew he would struggle if she suddenly said no. He liked their sex drive. He also liked their conversations and debates. She intrigued him, mind and body. He was in trouble unless he figure out how she felt and soon.

“Which club or bar did you decide on?”

“I thought we’d start at Roxbury and see who is around.” JC shrugged. “It has good beats and cool drinks. There’s a cool vibe.”

“Sounds good.”

“If we don’t like the music there, we can go somewhere else.”

She nodded and they were quiet as he navigated the traffic. Finally he pulled into a parking space and they headed in.

“There’s not much of a line. I expected a line,” she said with a cocked brow.

“The line is in the hallway inside.”

“Oh.”

He took her hand and they entered though the large blacked out glass doors. Strobe lights and loud music greeted them as soon as the door opened. People waiting to actually get into the club were dancing in the hallway and having a great time. JC met the eye of the bouncer and they were waved over to the side.

“Hey, man.”

“What’s up? Go on in. Music is tight tonight,” the large man with multiple face and neck tattoos informed. “Enjoy.”

JC nodded and led them into the actual club. The music inside was louder with chest thumping bass. That song was ending and another started before it finished.

“Come on,” Kennelly shouted and pulled him to the dance floor. “I love this song.”

It was Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep” and people were moving everywhere. JC was a little surprised when it wasn’t Adele’s voice and it took him a minute to realize it was Aretha Franklin. Ken found a comfortable space and started moving. She didn’t even look nervous as she surveyed the other dancers but moved her own way.

“I haven’t heard this version,” she shouted and continued to take it all in.

Nearly an hour later, JC practically pulled her off of the dance floor. Both were sweating and smiling but needed a drink. Kennelly squeezed his hand and pointed to the bathroom sign. He nodded and they split ways. He ordered two beers for them and waited for her to reemerge. He nearly choked when he saw her walking toward him, laughing and talking with Sasha. FUCK! This could go very wrong.

“Hey, C,” Sasha purred as she hugged him. “Buy me a drink.”

He signaled the bartender for another bottle then watched nervously as Ken spoke with one of his FWBs, as she called them. The music was too loud for him to tell what they were talking about and his brain was running away with all kinds of possibilities.Sasha was by far the most aggressive female in his posse. She wasn’t afraid to say exactly what she wanted, how she wanted it and just how long she wanted it for. He enjoyed knowing what she wanted so he wasn’t left guessing when they were having sex. Now he was hoping she would be FAR less direct as Kennelly laughed at something Sasha said.

“Here you go,” he shouted as he handed over the bottle of beer. “What are you two talking about?”

“You,” Sasha winked then took a sip of her beer. “Ken says she’s visiting for the weekend.”

“Yeah.”“I told her we were old friends and that I hadn’t seen you out and about in nearly two weeks.

”I’ve been busy.” He smiled and hoped she’d drop it. “I had a couple of sessions.”

“I thought maybe you were avoiding me because the last time we hooked up, it didn’t go so well,” Sasha shrugged and took another drink. “We should try it again REAL soon.”

JC groaned internally and wasn’t sure how he should handle this. He didn’t want to piss Sasha off because she was great in bed and a nice person. He did care for her but he REALLY had to think about who he’d rather lose if he had to lose one of the two ladies.

“He’s occupied until Sunday. Maybe even Monday. I’m sure he’ll need a chance to recover,” Kennelly stated with an icy smile. “I’ve been keeping him very busy.”

“I’m just hoping we can get our groove back on. Sometimes adding a new person into the mix throws things off for a little while.”

“Sure.”

JC had no idea what to say but he could read Kennelly’s face and she didn’t seem overly happy. Who could blame her? It wasn’t easy to come face to face with an ex, let alone an active partner. He wished that the floor would open up and drop him out of this mess but no such luck. He took another swallow of his beer and cleared his throat.

“I’ll remind him to change the sheets before he invites you over.” Kennelly smiled, her lips tight and her voice not as warm as usual, then she turned to JC. “I’m going to dance some more.”

“I’ll join you.”

“Nice to meet you, Sasha.”

“You, too.” Sasha sneered. “See you soon, C.”

“All About That Bass” by Meghan Trainor started and Kennelly laughed. She sang along and moved around the dance floor, completely confident with herself. JC watched for any sign of anger from her as she moved around but she hid it well. She swung her hips and sang to him, never getting into his personal space but keeping his eyes on her. The song changed and she kept going. Other women tried to swing his attention but he wouldn’t give them more than a few seconds before his focus went back to Kennelly.

“I need another drink,” she laughed as Ed Sheeran’s “Thinking Out Loud” started and she started off the dance floor but he caught her. “What?”

“Dance with me.”

“I’m hot and sweaty. I’m sure I smell.”

“I want to hold you for a few minutes.” He stated and pulled her close, loving how it felt to have her pressed against him again. “I like the way you move.”

“HA! I just have fun. I’m sure I don’t look sexy or whatever but I enjoy music.”

“You’re beautiful.”

“OK.” She rolled her eyes and blew hair off of her sweaty face. “I’m having fun though. This place is pretty cool.”

“I like it here.”

He held her hips and her hands were over his shoulder. She wasn’t all over him and he wondered if that was ONLY because they were in public or if Sasha had achieved her goal in making Kennelly uncomfortable. The song came to an end and she smiled up at him.

“Let me buy you a drink, handsome.”

He nodded and they grabbed more beer. There were no open stools so JC took her hand and led her to a small lounge on the second floor. JC settled on an oversized, overstuffed chair and pulled her down with him. They were close and he put his arm around her shoulders. No one else in the lounge was even paying attention to them and he kissed her temple. She smiled and drank some of her beer, not saying anything as she took in their surroundings.

“Ken……”

“Hmm….” She hummed then turned to look at him. “I’m surprised at how much light there is in this club. Usually everything is dark and hidden.”

“Some of the newer clubs are brightening up things.”

“Even the lounge, which seems weird. Tawdry stuff can happen in darker places.”

“Not everyone hooks up at clubs.” He smiled at her ‘get real’ face. “OK, so there usually are some lap dances or such but not always.”

“Speaking of hooking up…..”

“Ken, I didn’t know Sasha was going to be here.”

“I really don’t care about her,” Kennelly interrupted and squared her shoulders. “I just wanted to clarify that you are going home with ME, and ONLY me, tonight. Sasha can go fuck someone else. You are occupied. Clear?”

“Crystal but that didn’t need to be said. I’m yours.”

She nodded and tipped her beer back, finishing off the bottle. She placed the empty on the floor then settled back into the chair. He pulled her into his side and she sighed happily for a few minutes. “London Bridge” by Fergie started and she couldn’t sit still. Finally she stood and danced near their chair, singing along to the words. Two other women joined her and they looked amazing. One of the other women was shaking her ass pretty good and must have gotten the DJ’s attention because he played “Baby Got Back”. The three of them were hysterical as they over danced to the popular song. Ken fell back onto their chair as the song ended.

“So fun,” she panted as she fanned herself. “I’m so sweaty.”

JC flagged down a waitress and ordered another round of beers and some water. He laughed to himself when he realized Ken had been still for nearly three minutes and there was still music playing. He wondered for a few seconds if she had fallen asleep then “Uptown Funk” started. She was up out of the chair in a nanosecond, pulling him up as well. She was all over their space and laughing at herself as she sang along, word for word. JC couldn’t help singing along with her, pulling her back into him so they were moving together. No one was paying attention to them so he brushed his pelvis against her ass. She laughed over her shoulder then gave him that telling wink.

It was nearly 3 am before Kennelly was ready to leave and JC ushered her out to his car. He saw Sasha in the parking lot and he took a deep breath when he realized she wasn’t going to go away just yet. It took Kennelly a little longer to spot her but he knew when she did, because she straightened her shoulders and walked over to Sasha next to his car.

“Hey, Sasha.” Kennelly smiled and reached for JC’s hand, not even questioning that he’d take hers. “We’re hot and sweaty and heading home. It was nice to meet you.”

“Do you want some company?”

“No, thank you.”

“C?” Sasha asked with a bat of her fake lashes and he felt Kennelly stiffen. “You up for some fun?”

Kennelly took a deep breath, squeezed his hand and headed around the front of the car, walking directly between Sasha and him. She smiled over her shoulder at JC then winked once he made eye contact.

“I’m going home with Ken and only Ken tonight. See you around, Sasha.”

“Fine but I might not be available the next time you want to fuck.”

“Good to know. Have a good night,” he stated and opened his own door, addressing Kennelly. “You ready, baby?”

“Don’t call me baby please. Yes, let’s go.”

He nodded, started the engine and eased out into traffic. He remembered her correcting him with her name the first time he called her baby but he wasn’t sure why she was so against it so he asked.

“My last boyfriend always called me baby and I liked it until I found out he had two other ‘girlfriends’. He called all of us baby. One day he took me to his Mom’s for dinner and she called me the wrong name. He corrected her but she wouldn’t let it go. Turns out, his mom had stopped by his apartment the day before and another ‘baby’ was there. The other girl introduced herself. It was super awkward and that’s how we ended our relationship.”

“Wow. I get it now.”

Chapter End Notes:
Huge thanks to elle-miranda for the great job beta-ing my stuff. Hugs!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: doggiestyle kitchensex friendswithbenefits