Author's Chapter Notes:
xoxo to creativechaos & ladyx for indulging me. ;-)

Reese

This time yesterday I was curled in the fetal position in the middle of my couch, sobbing. This time yesterday I was thinking that I'd swear off all men, for all the rest of time. But this man, this really good looking man, still has his arm around me and is letting me lean on him while we make our way through this club and he has me thinking that maybe yesterday I was being a little melodramatic. Maybe all guys aren't horrible. Because this one in particular seems kind of nice.

He's saying stuff that I can't really understand because of the music, but I can hear his voice and I think, in a quieter environment it's probably pretty sexy.

I think I would really, really like to get him into a quieter environment.

We're weaving our way through writhing bodies and he leads us up a couple of stairs and to a table where a couple of other people are seated. He stops, leans down so his lips are right up against my ear and asks, "What's your name, Honey?"

The way  he says ‘honey,' as if it's the most natural thing in the world to call a stranger--a stranger who just fell practically on top of you because she can't balance in her ridiculous shoes? For whatever reason, it doesn't sound skeevy or creepy. And what I said before? About his voice and how it's probably pretty sexy? I was right. Because hearing him, loud and clear over the din of the club, sends a delicious shiver straight down to...well, I'm reminded again that I haven't sex in awhile. Damn.

He moves his head so his ear is right in line with my mouth and for a moment I'm all consumed with how good he smells and sounds and how close he is to me. And how his arm is still around me and his hand is warm on the small of my back and moving down slightly and I have to inhale a shaky breath and remember my name.

"Reese, " I manage. "What's yours?"

He straightens up and looks at me, kind of like he's searching for something but I have no idea what. And then he smiles again, that easy grin I'm beginning to like a whole lot. And with his free hand, the one that's not already against me, he shakes my hand.

"Nice to meet you, Reese. I'm JC."

He kind of licks his lips after he answers and of course, that's where my eyes are drawn. He's got nice lips, JC. Especially the bottom one. I bet he's a good kisser, I'm thinking. And I bet his mouth is good at all kinds of stuff, I'm thinking. And I'm kind of letting thoughts of his lips on me, in so many different ways, ripen in my mind.

In the seventeen years I've been having sex, I've never had a one-night stand. And I've definitely never had sex with a complete stranger. But maybe tonight is supposed to be a night for new experiences. And this guy, JC, is something I think I'd like to experience. And my place is only like fifteen minutes away.

Ok, wow. I don't even know where this is coming from honestly. I'd like to say it's the alcohol but I've been way drunker than this before. And although I'm still a little unsteady on my feet, my mind is completely clear. And what is clearly on my mind is the fact that I would like to take him home. And, yeah, that's probably stupid. I watch enough Investigation Discovery to know that sometimes the cute and charming guy with the pretty eyes ends up being a psycho/crazy sociopath who wants to do bad things to you.

But instinct is telling me that's not the case with JC. Although I really would like him to do some very, very bad things to me.

He's introducing me to his friends--Micah and Stella and Eli. We're shaking hands and they seem really nice. Apparently some other people in their group are already dancing, but Eli's ordered some more of...whatever it is they're drinking. The server is back with more bottles and glasses are being filled and handed them out.  Now I've got another drink in my hand, and I'm sipping something bubbly and lightly sweet and delicious.

Eli invites me to have a seat and then he pulls JC to side for a moment. I make myself at home on one of the plush sofas. I guess when you're paying for bottle service, they want to make sure you're comfortable. And I am.

They're talking and I'm watching and it's the perfect vantage point for me to be able to get a good look at all of JC. I'm reminded, again, that, physically, he's really not my type. In my heels I'm about 5'5" or 5'6" and he's still several inches taller than me, so I assume he's around 5'10" or so. I've generally dated tall guys, like in the 6'2" and over range. So he's a little shorter than I'm used to. But his shoulders are nice and so are his arms and he looks...fantastic in his dark wash jeans.

This guy absolutely exudes sex.

Eli looks up at me and raises his glass, a friendly smile on his face. I don't know what they're talking about, but it must be OK because JC's grinning too. Eli leans in close to him, looks like he whispers something, and then JC is making his way back over to me.

I like the way he walks. And I really like the way he's looking at me, while he's walking over to me.

I'm feeling reckless. I really hope he's down for being reckless with me tonight.

 

JC

Everything about this night is more interesting right now. And that makes me feel kind of guilty, but only kind of. It's not my fault that Tia's not here. And it's not totally my fault that things have been so weird between us lately. And it's most definitely not my fault that this girl literally fell into my arms.

I believe in fate and destiny and things like that. And the way I was feeling, and the way she was suddenly in arms...I don't know. Maybe it's kismet.

My arm is around her and she's leaning on me and I'm thinking how good she feels against me like this. She's this little thing with a little waist. Not skinny really, but just...little. Compact. Even in her ridiculously high heels she's not that tall, so I'm guessing she's a shorty when she's barefoot. And I really wish I hadn't just thought of her barefoot because now I'm kind of picturing the rest of her bare and that is just...well, that's probably all my fault.

I have a girlfriend. I'm just going to keep saying that over and over in my head because otherwise, I'm almost positive I'm going to misstep tonight. And I'm no saint, but I don't generally cheat. If I'm not into a relationship anymore, I leave it. And the truth is, well...I'm not too sure how into my relationship I am anymore. But I'm here. In Chicago. Because Tia wanted me to be. Insisted. And that has to mean something, right?

But I've also got my arm around a girl that I don't know, but who I think is really sexy, and I fully intend on sitting really close to her, and maybe talking to her more, and maybe drinking with her some more. And then...I'm not sure. And that probably has to mean something, too.

We're right by the table and I see Eli and Micah and Stella sitting around drinking and talking, but everyone else must be up dancing. I stop for a moment and get close to her ear and as I breathe her in, I'm thinking such dirty thoughts about her. But I only ask her name. No sooner do the words leave my mouth then I swear I feel her tremble beneath my fingertips. Damn.

"Reese," she's saying, when I move my head down so I can hear her. And her breath comes out on my ear all warm and I can't help it but my dick jumps and my balls tighten.

Reese. She looks like a Reese. You know how that is, when someone tells you their name and you're thinking they don't look anything like what their name is? Not with her. Reese fits her. Also, I think it's kinda sexy when girls have unisex names. Especially cute girls. And she is a very, very cute girl.

"What's yours?" she asks and I straighten up so I can look at her.

I've kind of wondered if maybe she's just playing it cool with me. I don't mean to make it sound like I'm a big deal, because that time in my life is long gone, but usually women in a certain age range recognize me. Usually. So I'm looking at her, trying to see if maybe she's just yanking my chain, but she's just looking back at me pleasantly, and with absolutely no recognition on her face.

I have to admit it; that kind of intrigues me.

With my free hand, I shake hers. "Nice to meet you, Reese. I'm JC."

She's looking up at me smiling, and then her smile kind of fades and her eyes shift down. And then I'm pretty sure she's staring at my mouth.

I'm trying to ignore the way that makes me feel and I start introducing her to the folks around the table. Right now it's just Eli, Stella, and Micah. I guess everyone else is dancing. Eli's keeping the alcohol flowing and the server is back with more bottles and more glasses. Stella's handing Reese and me glasses and then Eli's in front of us.

"Sweetheart, make yourself comfortable. Can I borrow JC for a moment?"

I raise an eyebrow at Eli and tell Reese I'll be right back. I follow him a couple of steps away, a little anxious about what he may want to say to me. I know how it looks, me bringing this girl over here when I have a girlfriend. But I also know Eli. He's not, and never has been, Tia's biggest fan. And lately, well, lately he's been telling me exactly what he thinks about everything that's happening with her.  

"What's up?' I say. He looks so smug and I can't help but laugh. "What, man? Just say it."

He nods. "Reese, huh? Reese looks...fun."

I roll my eyes with a smile, not even bothering to respond.

"So what's the plan, dude?" He looks over at Reese and raises his glass, which makes me laugh.

"There's no plan, Eli. I'm just, uh, playing it by ear."

That's not a total lie. What happens next, if anything, will be one hundred percent dependent on what Reese wants. And right now, for all I know, she just may want to get off her feet for a few minutes, and have some free drinks.

Although there's no way anyone can hear us, Eli's whispering in my ear. "The fact that you're even thinking about it, man...that should tell you something." He claps me on the shoulder and as he walks away says, "Have fun tonight, JC."

I look over to see Reese already looking at me, and, well, Eli's right. I'm making my way over to her, smiling. I am very much hoping to have some fun tonight.     

Chapter End Notes:
if you like it, let me know. :) please and thank you.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: randomhookup triangles otherwoman boyfriendjc jc producerjc cheaterjc