Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you enjoy!
 

Chapter One- The Fab Five

                High school is supposed to be a time of laughter, fun, and graduating. High school is about making out behind the bleachers, meeting hot guys, and  partying the nights away without a care in the world.

                That's what high school is supposed to be like. At least that's what they show in all the movies and stuff.

                But that can't be said for my life.

                I, Sara Fletcher, am anything but that high school stereotype. If anything, I'm the stereotype of the high school loser. I'm that type of girl who no one notices. I'm that girl who sits in the back of class, and instead of listening to the teacher or flirting with the jock next to me, I write poetry or a new idea to a plot in my story. Yes, I write stories.

                Loser, right?

                I'm that girl who has frizzy brown hair that is impossible to manage. I'm that girl who has those big prescription glasses because I'm afraid that if I use contacts, I'll seriously poke my eye out.

                No joke.

                I'm that girl who never wears make-up because she always manages to make it look whore-like. I'm the girl with bushy eyebrows, because she is afraid of a tweezer. I'm that girl who never gets expensive clothes because her parents can barely afford it.

                Or maybe doesn't really know what's "in" or what's "out"......

                Yes, I'm the girl who blends in, the girl who never had a boyfriend, never been asked out, and most certainly never been kissed.

                Which is why I have no idea why of all people, Justin Timberlake came up to me in lunch and talked to me.

                I mean seriously. Me? Of all people.

                ~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~

                It was a normal day; me and my friend Amanda Tannermen were eating our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, engaging in another conversation about her boyfriend, Nate. Ever since she's gone out with him, she is a sudden expert on all things relationship wise. Not to mention she keeps bragging about it.

                I mean, I don't mean to be mean, but she acts like she's "all that". What, with her small chest, her red hair, and rather big ears, she's not  drop dead gorgeous.

                But who am I to be talking?

                At least someone asked her out. Even if it was class nerd, pocket protector, poindexter, Nate.

                "Anyway...Nate and I..." she blabbered on.         

                I wasn't really paying attention, sue me. It was about the same thing everyday.  Instead, I feasted my eyes on the eye candy that sat three tables ahead of me. Even if I had no chance with any of them, it wouldn't hurt to look.

                "You're not listening, are you?" she demanded.

                "I am, I am," I said so unconvincingly, she snorted.

                "No, you're not. You're staring at the Fab Five and you know it," she stated matter-of-factly.

                I just shrugged my shoulders and continued to stare at the five who, surprisingly (not!) had a group of girls crowded around them.

                The Fab Five are the group of boys that rule are school, and are surprisingly (not!) the hottest guys in the entire district.

                How or why these hot guys joined forces is a phenomenal wonder of the world.  For God to create such strikingly handsome guys and make them all friends together is a miracle.

                What more is there to say? Five guys, all different in many ways, but yet equally amazing.

                There is Chris Kirkpatrick, though short, is hot in his own way. He has a unique style that only he could pull off. Yeah there are wannabes who walk around with dreads or his pink cowboy hat, but nobody can make it look like he can. Not to mention, he knows how to make a girl laugh, and is the funniest guy in all of the school.  He was the class clown who is constantly trying to figure out a way to pull a prank on the teachers and on the school. I remember last year he got suspended for somehow managing to put two cows, three chickens, and five pigs in the school. You can now see him around making perfect Borat impressions, it's scary.

                Then there is Joey Fatone, a.k.a. Lady Killer. He gets every girl he wants and is notorious for sleeping with the entire cheerleading squad. He's loud, Italian, and from New York, and is not afraid of confrontation. He is the proclaimed tough guy in the group, always picking fights with whomever messes with one of his bros. No one dares to pick a fight with Joey, though. When he was a freshman three years ago, a senior made a "great" joke and called him Joey Fat-One. We never saw that guy again.

                There is Lance Bass, the cutie with brains. He is president of SCA, National Honor Society, French Club, Space Club (which he created), you name it, he's president of it. Straight A's and with a GPA so high I didn't know it was possible, he is going to be our valedictorian. Don't get me wrong, this guy is no nerd. He knows how to party. He is cute in that I-will-always-be-smarter-than-you-but-who-cares-I'm-hot sort of way. Nerds all over school have a crush on him, and all of them just about faint when they hear that he is their science partner.

                Number Four of the Five is JC Chasez.  He is the self-acclaimed jock of the school. He plays every sport imaginable. He plays basketball, runs track, plays baseball, and even tennis. The thing is, while he is a pretty boy, the boy is damn good at his sports. He was on a varsity team all throughout all four years of high school. The boy is so fit...his body is so lean. And his arms, don't get me started about his arms...the boy was meant to play sports, damn thirty colleges are offering him full scholarships just for him to play with them. Serious one time this guy landed on our football field in his helicopter. Heliocopter! And you can constantly hear his cell phone go off with text messages from recruiters.I mean, God just had to make him fine too. Some guys get all the luck.

                Finally, there is HIM. The leader of the pack. He is the guy that's not known for doing anything aside from looking really good.

Justin Freakin' Timberlake.

God was having a good day when he created him. His face so strikingly handsome it makes girls heads turn whenever he passes by. He has eyes so blue, like whenever he  talks to you, he is only talking to you. His facial features seem to be carved from the gods. His smile is flawless, and people's hearts melt when they see it.  He is a 100 on a scale of 10. Good lord, the guy is so cute, people wait for him to sneeze, so they can bless him.

                "So who are you taking to prom, Sara?"Amanda  asked, when she already knew the answer.

                I decided to ignore the question, and went on to my la-la land of five guys hands all over my...

                "Give it up, Sara, you don't have a chance," she stated, taking a swig from her milk carton. "No way  are they ever gonna ask you-"

               Amanda stopped when she saw Justin Timberlake stand up from his table and saunter up to us.

                "Hey," he smiled, acting like this was so casual, and when in fact, I was just about to faint.

               Oh shit.

              I think I just pissed in my pants.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: school