Author's Chapter Notes:
Love is in the air...can you....wait someting else is bout to happen...ooooh no

Kerri looks over the notes for her column.  She types away as she works on the fourth column for the week.  She only needed three but Mark, her editor needed a Saturday one as well.  He was giving her money for it so she agreed to do another one.  She was looking for what was going on in the world of entertainment, food, or anything.  It struck her to write a column on one thing she knew all too well.  She was writing it for the sports/social life.  It was something that hit very close to home to her.

 

It was the Ray Rice video that had hit the internet and all of the sports and news around the country.   Kerri hit the remote to the her IPhone where the music was and kept typing.  She was at the end of her article:

 

“In closing,  They say a true man knows how to hold his temper and not to EVER strike a woman,  To see how the new Mrs. Price is standing by her man defending what the world can see in plain sight as a “moment of rage” shows that it wasn’t his first and might well be not his last.  In her defense she is only doing what she knows.  She only knows how to defend him…for herself and her own as she sees it “safety,” because to go against him in her eyes right now is another hit, or worse.”

 

Kerri sighed as she proofread and sent her column to her editor and then shut down the computer.   She sighed as she looked at the time as it read only 11:00.  She was done with her work for the week.  She as her editor told her a papers wet dream by how she had all her columns written and sent in before the deadline. 

 

She did this so that she could have the rest of the week off to relax and well she got her ideas for articles as she watched tv or if it came to her. 

 

Kerri sighed then saw her phone go off. She smiled as she saw who it was.  “Hello handsome.” 

 

“Hello babe.”  JC said as he put the phone on speaker.

 

“What’s going on?”  Kerri said as she was closing up her laptop and getting up to stretch.

 

“I was about to ask you the same thing.” JC asked as he sat at the sound board at his house.


“Well I finished work for the week and sent it to my editor. I was going to call my mom and see if she wants to do anything special this weekend being she is coming out to see me and Justin.”


JC smiled as he heard the joy in her voice. He knew that she and Justin missed their mother terribly and knew that when Mama Lynn came around that they became the true mammas girl and boy in the planet. As he did too. When his mother as well as Justin's mother came he would just so happen to lurk around and be there almost everyday.


“Can you throw in dinner with a handsome man that misses you at say seven tonight?” He asked


“Well if I could catch a flight to Memphis I would love to have dinner with Johnathan, but I guess I will settle for dinner with you.” Kerri said laguhing.


JC smiled at her remark. He was happy to see her getting back to herself again. “How does 7:30 tonight sound. I'll even pick you up.”


Kerri smiled and said. “I can't wait to see you,” She then said, “I miss you.”


JC smiled, “I miss you too babe. I will see you tonight.”

After she hung up the phone she looked into her closed and saw she really didn't have any dresses and well...she wanted to wear a dress tonight going out with JC. All the dresses she had were very covered up. Nothing that she felt sexy or beautiful in. She wanted to see a jaw dropping look from his face.


“Hey Kerri,” Jessica called as she walked into her room. She smiled as she saw some clothes on the bed.


“Kerri turned around and saw Jessica smile at her, “Don't laugh I am trying to find a dress in my things for dinner tonight but can't find one that I like and well I want to...but if you don't”


Jessica smiled as she grabbed her hand. “I was going shopping anyway and was going to invite you.”


Kerri smiled as she said, “Thank you”




The day was great as the two shopped from store to store and Kerri got herself two new dresses, along with new shirts, some skirts, shorts and Jessica got Kerri to buy a new two piece bathing suit. Something Kerri didn't wear that often anymore.


As they walked through the mall, Kerri said, “thanks Jess, I needed this and I can't thank you enough.”


“Hey what are sisters for but to have someone to hang out with, talk, and shop with.” Jessica said.


“True. I haven't had 'girl' time since I got here and well I missed this. Alicia and I would love to shop but I had to get well boring clothes as I put it.” Kerri said as they sat at the restaurant. They were going for a light lunch as Jessica had plans later that night with some friends.


“Wait. Did that bastard tell you what to wear?” Jessica said/


“Kerri looked down then looked at her, “Well basically yes. He told me I wasn't 'made to wear' the things I bought today. I was too fat and or I had to keep the other men from looking at me. That I was for his eyes only.”


Jessica sat back and said, “Justin did tell me about that. He said that before you met him you used to wear skirts, and cute outfits that well would turn heads. He liked that you always had that look. Then one day you went to well what you had been wearing before you came here. I hope you don't.,” Jess was cut off.


“Are you kidding? Between you, my brother and JC as well as the other guys, I have gotten so much confidence back that I am able to finally able to start feeling like myself again.” Kerri then saw her refleciton in the steel top of the table. She looked at Jessica who smiled at her.


“Well, I like the new old you.” Jessica smiled as she saw Kerri play with her hair.


“Can we make one more stop,” Kerri looked at Jess as she asked, “I want to get my hair cut.'


Jessica pulled out her phone and said, “I got one better I will get my stylist to come to the house and cut it for you.”




Kerri smiled as she looked at herself in the mirror. She smiled at the reflection of herself in the mirror.


She saw parts of her old self come back.


The dress she was in was a beautiful Ivory white dress that had splashes of turquoise, pink all around it . The dress itself hit her knees. The top was halter style that Kerri was a little nervous about but Jess told her that the dress made her look what Kerri wanted. Cute and sexy and relaxed all in one.


Kerri fixed her makeup and did it very minimal as she always used to do. A little powder foundation, light blush, natural color eye-shadow, mascara and a neutral light pink lip gloss.


Kerri then saw her hair and really smiled. It was finally cut as she used to have it. It hit just past her shoulders and was in long layers and she got some highlights in it to give off as Jessica's stylist said a sun-kissed look in her hair.


She put on her favorite silver necklace and a pair of simple dangling earrings.


She heard the doorbell and smiled as she slipped on her shoes and grabbed her bag.


Kerri saw Jess in the hall and stopped. “How do I look?”


Jessica smiled as she saw Kerri spin around once and said. “You look so great.”


Kerri smiled and gave her a hug, “Thanks Jessica.”


Kerri walked down the stairs as she heard Justin and JC talking in the kitchen.


She stopped as she saw JC's back to her.


Justin was mid conversation and smiled as he saw his sister in the doorway.


JC slowly turned around and smiled. He walked over to her with yet another set of her favorite flowers.



JC smiled as he saw how Kerri looked. It was as if he saw her for the first time and she looked amazing.


He went to her and handed her the white and baby pink tulips. HE kissed her behind her ear as he said, “you look amazing.”


Kerri smiled as she took the flowers and pulled back to smell them. She loved how he knew what her favorite flowers were and always had some for her when he was taking her out to dinner or even if he was coming over to just hang out. Or when she wasn't there he would buy one tulip, of daffodil, or even a simple daisy and have it placed in her room with a simple note stating 'was thinking of you.'


“So C, where are you taking my sister tonight.” Justin asked.


“I have reservations at Carmine's, then from there I am not sure. Maybe dancing, and I don't know yet.” JC said as he smiled at Kerri who blushed a little.


Kerri grabbed her hand as she said, “Don't wait up for me and treat your wife to a night out. Or in, or whatever. She made my day and she needs to be rewarded.”


JC laughed as he and Kerri walked out the door. He walked her to his car and opened the door taking her hand and helping her in. He got in on his side and started up the car.


The drive to Carmine's was a short one as the two talked and were giving each other a fill in on their days and the past week since they had not seen each other in about a week.

JC was stopped at a light and was looking at Kerri. “I got to say Kerri you really do look amazing tonight.”


Kerri looked at JC and smiled as she said very quietly, “Thank you and I must say you look good tonight too.”



Kerri moved over the console and kissed his cheek.


JC smiled as he said, “What was that for?” He asked as he kept driving.


Kerri giggled and said, “Just because I wanted to and I could. Is that okay?”


JC smiled as he took her hand and laced his fingers and brought the jumble to his lips and said, “'More than okay.”


He pulled up to the vallet at the restaurant. As he parked the car he saw Kerri get out and meet him at his side of the car. He took her hand and walked into the restaurant.


Kerri smiled as they walked in and were seated right away in a back table in the corner. She looked around at the restaurant. She liked the decor inside as it held a rustic feel to it.


JC smiled as the two of them sat down. The waiter asked, “Something to drink?”


JC looked to Kerri as she smiled, “A glass of Merlot and sparkling water please?” ”


JC said to the waiter, “I'll have the same.”


As the waiter walked away she asked, “Is that okay?'”


JC's smile faded as he said, “Of course sweetie, why would you ask.”


Kerri blushed as she said, “Sorry, I guess I am still not used to being able to order on my own and all that.”


“Kerri, I know you are not used to it but trust me, I am not going to be that kind of guy.” JC said.


“I know I just am so not used to having...well...you know” Kerri said blushing


JC reached across the table and said, “I know and its one of the things I think is cute,” HE pulled back and opened the menu as he said, “So what are you going to have?”


Kerri smiled looking at the menu, “Rigatoni Di Con Pollo” she said as she set her menu down.


“JC smiled as he said, “same please and some salad for the two of us.”


Dinner for the two of them was a wonderful time.


Kerri sat back for the first time and really enjoyed herself. For the first time she felt well, special.


The conversations flowed and not once did JC make her feel stupid on embarrassed her. He even seemed interested in what she had to say. They shared stories and jokes as well as memories from the past.


JC knew it was helpless that he was falling all over again for Kerri. This time he was gong to let her know for sure. True she was still afraid and didn't know what was about to happen with Alex and the outcome of that whole situation, but he knew that he wanted to be with her.


After dinner, JC and Kerri got back into the car.


“So where to my lady?” JC asked as he pulled out onto the street.


Kerri smiled and thought then said, “Surprise me.”


JC smiled at those words and took off towards the coast.


30 minutes later he pulled into the parking lot right in front of the beach.. the moon was full and had a reflection on the distance. The waves were crashing along the shoreline and it just spelled romantic.


Kerri smiled as she looked at him. “He remembered?” she said rather quietly.


JC smiled as he heard that while getting out of the car. He went to her side and opened the door. He grabbed her hand and pulled her close as he said, “I remember a lot of things about you Kerri.”


Kerri smiled as he pulled away and laced his fingers around hers, bringing the jumble of fingers to his lips and kissing the back of her hand.


Kerri began to feel her heart start to feel things she hadn't felt in along time. Something was happening and she was scared. True JC was nothing like....HIM, but she was still afraid to let her heart open up and let someone in.


JC stopped and pulled her into his arms again. He knew what she was thinking, hell he was thinking the same thing as well. He looked into her eyes and slowly let his lips go to hers.


Kerri felt the kiss from the touch of their lips to the tips of her toes. She felt JC pull her closer as the kiss went from the ones she had been getting to one that went to a deeper meaning. She pulled back and looked at him. She knew.


JC saw she was about to say something and touched her lips to silence her. “I know you aren't there yet, so I will wait til the right time. I don't want to pressure you and just know this, I feel the same way too and I promise you I will not be like him. Just know this though. I will not give up on you like I did long ago. I am going to stay here by your side and be with you the way a man should be.”


Kerri smiled up as she said, “Thank you for understanding Josh. I'm getting there just I'm scared.”


JC kissed her lips again and said, “I know and I can't make you just change that. All I can do is be there for you.”


Kerri gave a shy smile as she said, “That's all I need right now”





As the raid went on with men and people being beaten down. He sat there and took a look at the unconscious guard and took his clothes off and dressed into them, as did a few of the other inmates. They all walked the opposite direction of the trouble and walked right out of the back door into the awaiting black SUV that was there waiting for them. It sped off into the night and out of the Tennessee state prison.


The men all smiled as they felt free. He felt free and knew his next move.


It was to give that bitch some payback. And to have some fun. 

Chapter End Notes:
review and yes this will start to pick up.  


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love abusiveex jc justin