Author's Chapter Notes:

here is the next chapter...please note it's been a while...

 

Friday had finally come.


Kerri was excited to see JC again that day as she sat in her room and was debating on what to wear. Granted she was just hanging out with JC at the house but she wanted to look nice without trying too hard. She was standing there with her crutches looking down at her two options she pulled out.


One was a pair of jeans and her favorite top. The other was a pair of black sweat pants and a pink and white tank top.


“I rather be comfortable. We aren’t going anywhere.” Kerri said as she went to the bathroom with her clothes and underwear. She showered and got dressed. She hobbled out dressed and sat at her desk pulling out her hair dryer to dry her hair. After it was dried she pulled it in to a ponytail.


“Now make-up or no make up.” Kerri thought as she looked at her face. True to form the mark on her cheek was now gone but she still had a very slight bruise on her eye. She decided for the first time since she got here to not wear makeup. She wanted to see if JC noticed the scar and well if she could muster up the courage, tell him what happened. The true full story.


Justin smiled as he saw his sister look at herself in the mirror. “If I were you and you want C to see the real you I would go with no make-up. He always said you were a natural beauty.”


Kerri laughed as she put the make up away. She then turned around in her chair and said, “He really said that.”


Justin smiled, “yeah the other day when he saw you. He was complimenting me on how you looked really nice and how your face was looking good. I told him you put a little make up on to hide the bruise on your cheek and eye.”


Kerri touched her eye and said, “I figured if he's going ot hang out with me tonight he was going to see the real me.” Kerri looked down and said, “If it comes up on what happened I might tell him tonight.”


Justin looked at his sister as she started to get up. He went to her with the crutches, “Are you sure you want to?”


“I need to Justin.” she looked at him and said. “I told him bout the nightmares I was having here and there the other night when I was on skype with him.”


Justin took a deep breath as they stood there, “He told me that you let him know that. And that you told about the ones where you were being beaten up.”


Kerri's eyes got wide. “He, He told you?”


“Yeah, I was happy to know you were able to talk to him. I mean it's good that you are able to open up about this to him.” Justin hugged his sister.


Kerri smiled then saw her cell phone go off. “Hello”


“Hello am I speaking to a Ms. Kerri Timberlake?” a man says on the phone.


“Yes, may I ask who I am talking to.” She asks as she sits at her desk with Justin sitting there.


“Hello this is John Marks, I am the attorney that your brother hired for your abuse case against a Mr. Alexander Jacobs?” The man said.


Kerri replied, “Oh hello um I am glad to finally speak to you.” She said as she felt the excitement she was feeling start to slowly fade away.


“Yes me too. I am going to be in LA on Mondy in regards to the case against him.” he told her calmly.


“Okay. What time and where do I need to be?” She said as she put the call on speaker.


“Well according to your brother he wants to do this at his place so we don't have you moving around too much. I can be there around 10 am.” HE then said, “Just so you are aware he has not been bailed out of Jail due to the Judge denying him bail. He is still in there.”


Kerri took a deep breath and felt the tears sting her eyes. “Thats some good news. Do we know what the charges that are being brought against him?”


“Yes Kerri and I will sit with you and explain all of this to you when I see you. I know you are worried about this whole thing but do not worry, I will be here for you and your family every step.” John the lawyer stated.


“Okay, see you here on Monday at 10 am.” Kerri said as she ended the call.


She didn't know what to say or how to feel at this moment.


“Sis, are you alright?” Justin went to her eye level and asked her.


Kerri quickly snapped out of it and said, “Y-Yeah, I think so.”




Kerri sat on the couch as she relaxed. She was sitting there watching some stupid show on TV. IF you call sitting on the couch with your leg propped up, having bad flashbacks about what just happened and knowing in less than 72 hours she was going to have to recap what happened three weeks ago almost to the day and have to talk about a past that she was trying to forget and move on from. She shivered as she felt the chills creep up on her.



JC smiled as he saw Jessica open the door. “Hey Jess, how are you?” he said as she let him in.


“I am good,” She said as she let him in. She saw two bags of food in his hand.


If that's what I think it is you are going to make a girl very happy.” Jessica said as they walked into the living room.


They both stopped short seeing Kerri shiver and start rubbing her arms as if she was freezing. The other scary thing that JC had heard from both Justin and Jessica was that when she got like this she was having a flashback about some of the things she went through with Alex.


Kerri looked and saw JC and Jessica standing there and the tears started to prick her eyes. She tried to suck it up and said, “Hey guys sorry, I-”


Jessica was about to go to her when she saw how fast JC was sitting on the ottoman looking at Kerri.


“Hey, what happened. I talked to you bout two hours ago and you seemed happy.” JC asked as he looked at Her.


“Just was thinking.” Kerri said then told him, “The lawyer called, he's coming here Monday to talk about the trial and what is going on. They need my statement as well as the past.”


JC took a deep breath. He knew that was going to be hard. He saw her look at him and the threat of her tears about to fall down her face. He has known Kerri for so long that when something got to her it was not good.


“Sorry I shouldn't be like this in front of you. I'm okay really” She tried to put her best fake smile on but knew it was not going to work with JC.


“Kerri I know you better than you think. And I know you don't want to talk but just know, I am here for you if you need me.” He said as he grabbed her hand and held it.


Kerri's eyes welled up as she said, “I don't want to relive the past 18 months Josh, I just want to hear the police say that he's guilty there might not be a trial and that they are going to lock his sorry ass up and that will be it.”


Before JC went on she kept going, “How can someone want to have a victim of sexual, physical and emotional abuse think that it will be easy to tell their story and think it is going to be easy to go back to that time and rehash every story. Like the first time he hit me in the face. Like the first time I denied him sex and he rapped me, and I did not know it at the time because I thought I was to please him and make him happy. Or what about the times he would tell me to shut up and called me worthless. OR the times that he would beat me bad enough that while he was passed out in the bed I would go to the ER and make up such lame excuses that eventually the nurse there would know right off the bat I was lying. Or how am I supposed to tell the lawyer that I was and still am scared out of my fucking mind and can't sleep a full night because I he haunts my dam dreams. From the times he would beat me, to the times he forced me to fuck him because as he said it was part of my duties of being his girl. Just how tell me how am I supposed to do this”


By now JC was in shock. In less than two minutes he got the basic of what her life was like for the last year and a half. She was abused in ways he never thought were possible. He knew it went deeper but he didn't want to push.


“Take it one moment at a time.” He said because to be honest, he really didn't know what to say at that time.


What he wanted to do was go to Memphis and beat the shit out of this asshole. But he knew that would not help Kerri right now.


Slowly he got off the ottoman and went to the couch and pulled her into his arms and held her there. HE felt her shuddering from the frantic crying she was doing at that time. He knew she was holding back the other day when he was talking to her on skype, but he had no idea it was to this extent.


His heart ached for her. He didn't want her to go through this and to see what this man, no fucking asshole took from Kerri made him a mixed bag of emotions. Anger, hostility, sorrow, pity, and most of all need. A need to protect this once viral, energetic woman that he once knew.


“Kerri, I know this is going to sound really stupid but I want you to know that I will be here for you.” If you want me here every step of the way I will try my hardest to be here for you. It hurts me so much to see you so upset and down and to know this fucking dick bag of an asshole did this to you makes me want to kill him.” JC said as he put his hands on her face and looked into her eyes. And went on, “I care so much for you Kerri, I want you to know that.”


Kerri smiled as she sniffled, “I know you have Josh. And thank you.”


JC smiled as he pulled her in for a hug.


Just as he did that he heard Kerri's stomach growl. Kerri laughed as she pulled back.


“Sorry JC I havent eaten since breakfast. That was before I got this call and didn't want to eat from feeling...well now you know.” She said looking down.


“Don't look down because of that.” JC said. Then pulled the bag from the floor and put it on the coffee table.


“So what did you bring me to eat then?” Kerri said smiling slightly.


JC started to pull different things out of the bag. As he did he saw the smile on her face get bigger and bigger.


Kerri was shocked to see all the rolls and sushi that JC got for dinner. California rolls, Boston rolls, spicy tuna rolls, dragon rolls, all the ones she loved. “You remembered all the favorite types of sushi I like.”


“Well yeah, I never forgot that you loved sushi. Something we have in common.” JC took two bottles of water out and put them in the middle of the table.



Kerri and JC sat there and ate every last piece of sushi that he bought and talked. She hadn't felt this wanted and cared for in such a long time that she enjoyed it.


After they finsihed eating he took all the containers and threw them into the trash in the kitchen and walked back into the living room and sat down next to Kerri. She smiled as they both looked for a movie to watch.


Kerri saw a movie she wanted to watch and asked him, “Is this okay for you? As she picked one of their all time favorites, “Mrs. Doubtfire”


JC smiled as he said, “You know I won't turn this movie down.”


Kerri smiled as he put an arm around her and she snuggled into him while the movie started


JC smiled and laughed at the movie. He was enjoying the feel of Kerri relaxing and curling up into his arms.


About two thirds into the movie JC looked at Kerri as she had fallen asleep in his arms. Her face on his chest. He looked at how she was sleeping so peacefully in his arms. He clicked the pause button on the movie and slowly took Kerri into his arms and picked her up off the couch. He carefully carried her into her room and laid her down on the bed. He took the blanket that was at the bottom of the bed and covered her up. He then bent down and quietly said, “I will be back tomorrow baby girl. Sweet dreams.” HE kissed the top of her forehead before walking out of her room.


JC smiled as he saw Jessica and Justin walk in as he was getting ready to leave.


He gave the “shh” sign as he grabbed his keys. “I just put her to bed she fell asleep watching the movie.”


Justin smiled and said, “Cool man, hey Jess told me she kind of dropped all that happened to her tonight. You Okay?”


JC sighed. “Yeah, I feel so bad for her though, I just want to be here for her and protect her.”


“We all do bro, and I know that whatever you have been doing the past few days has helped her more than you may know.” Justin said.


“I hope so and I hope you and her know I will be around more to show her that there are nice guys out there. Ones that will be there to protect her, not be there just for the fucking and shit”


Justin smiled as he said, “I know but I am gonna go all brother like and warn you. You fuck her up ill fuck you up>”



JC laughed as he gave a manly hug and said, “I'll consider that my warning.” he walked out as he said goodnight. And walked to his car thinking.


'I know I can be what she always wanted and needed."

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you to the people that have read thsi and note that it will get a little better i am just feeling this story come aond working as best as i can.  

 

Thanks for reading and keep the reviews up. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love abusiveex jc justin