Author's Chapter Notes:
Like i said this is a test drive to see if i still have it in me. 

“Kerri, what time do you have to be at the doctor's?” Justin asked as he bounded down the stairs of his house and into his Kitchen. He smiled as she saw his twin sister cooking breakfast.


“My appointment is at One. Then I have a meeting via skype with the editor at four with the paper to talk about the new column I am working on.” Kerri said as she was trying to take the bowl of eggs she cooked for the three of them to the table. She was using one of her crutches and struggling.


Noticing this Justin jumped to her side and helped her. “Don't try to be a superstar there sis, you need to stop doing this and just relax. I have people that come here and do all this...stuff.” Justin said grabbing the food from her hands and walking it to the table. Kerri took the one crutch and hobbled her way back to the table and sat down. She put her head down as if she was in trouble for trying to do something and failed.


Jessica walked in as she saw Kerri's head turn down south and sit there. Her heart broke for her as she had seen her do this for the last two weeks. She knew this move all too well being that one of her close friends was abused and when they were told they were doing something wrong or were offered help they would hang their head as if they were about to be hit or worse.


This didn't go unnoticed by Justin as well. He looked at Jessica and saw her face fall as well.


“Kerri sweetie, please don't do this. We are not going to beat you because you are injured. Okay?” Jess said as she saw Kerri's head still hang.


Justin looked at his sister and said, “Hey I rather see your beautiful face than the top of your head. I know you have a beautiful smile and face there sis.”


Just as he always knew his twin he knew the right things to say at the right moment.


Slowly ever so slowly she rose her head up and looked at the both of them. Kerri knew she was going to have to start letting people help her out when she needed. She smiled slightly at them and said, “I-I'm sorry guys. I guess I need to get used to nice, helpful people that want to be there for me.”


Justin smiled as he gave he a hug and then said, “Here let me serve you both my ladies”


Kerri smiled a little more as she then felt a twinge of pain from her leg. She winced as she tried to move the leg under the table and then saw Jessica put the ottoman under the table and gently put Kerri's leg up on it and then sat down in her spot at the table.


“Thank you Jess.” Kerri said.


“See you are learning to let others be nice to you now.” Justin said as he sat down.


Kerri quietly ate breakfast. She smiled as she listened to Jess and Justin talk to each other. It was different than the conversations that she had with...well HIM. It seemed sweet and caring, nothing like the talk that HE would carry. It would be HIM making her feel as if she was to agree with what HIS opinions were.

If she tried to say something else she would be called stupid, or Kerri's favorite, “you should really keep your trap shut you dumb bitch.”


After eating and yet again being reminded that she didn't have to help clean up, Kerri went to the bathroom to clean herself up and get ready for the appointment later on that day. She sat at her desk in her room and pulled out the bag of make up she brought with her. She looked in the mirror and saw the less visible mark on her eye. True it was almost gone but she still saw the faint black and blue on her eye and on her cheek. She sighed as she started pulling out her cover up, blush and a eye mascara.


Justin smiled as he walked in and sat down on the bed. He watched his sister finish her light layer of make up and brush her hair and pull it into a ponytail. He looked to her face and saw that her makeup was much lighter than it was two weeks ago.


“I see the brusing is going away.” He said as she turned around.


Sbe smiled as she shook her head. “Yeah and there is no pain there at all.”


Justin then said, “I wish I was at the hospital for you when I found out this happened. Jess and I were about to take a red eye to get to you but mom said no.”


“I know and I knew why, I stopped her because the last thing I needed was you in jail for beating him to death. I would be the one having to report that my older brother, Justin Timberlake was arrested for the murder of a worthless asshole that likes to beat women.” as Kara said that she got lost in the memory of that night and looked back in the mirror.


Justin saw the smile fall from Kerri's face. He went to her and picked her up slowly out of the chair and hugged her. He said, “It will get better Ker, I promise you that. I know it won't happen today or tomorrow but it will get better.”


Kerri pulled away and dried her misting eyes and said, “I know.”


As they were walking, well he was walking as she was hobbling out on her crutches he started to talk, “Hey I forgot to tell you I am having some company here tonight.”


Kerri said, “you want me to hide in my room or downstairs?”


Justin stopped dead in his tracks and almost made Kerri fall.


“No. I didn't get to finish, the guys are all in town and want to visit with me. I told them you were here and they were all excited as hell to see you.”


Kerri looked one way behind her shoulder than the other than said, “Me, lil old me?”


“Yes, well...he started to talk as he walked with her to his living room and helped her sit down on the couch and helped her prop her foot up on the couch. He then sat next to her and continued, “I had to talk to someone the night I heard what happened to calm down and well...I called..all of them.”


Kerri sat straight up as best she could and said, “All of them?” she saw him nod his head yes and she sighed. “How much do they know?”


“Most of it, I didn't tell them you were raped because I then had Joe, Chris and JC ready to go out to Memphis beat the shit out of him. I swear they were shocked to hear what you had been through.”


Kerri sighed, “ I figured as much.” She looked to her brother. “Do you think they will be all weird about it?”


Justin shrugged his shoulders and said, “I know Chris will bear hug your ass when he sees you. Joe and Kelly will be themselvs, Lance and Michael said they had a gift for you, what it is I'm not sure yet,” He then looked to her and said, “JC has been begging to see you since the day you showed up.”


Kerri looked at him in shock, “Really?” she then asked, “Why?”


Justin knew for a long time that JC was head over heels for his sister. He never got the nerve to tell Kerri that and he was ready to she was with Alex. JC never liked him and always thought that he was a creep. They met when the guys went to Memphis for Justin and Kerri's 30th birthday party and he knew then something was not right with the guy.


The first time Kerri was beaten by Alex, JC found out about it and wanted so badly to help her and tell her that she didn't deserve what he did to her.


He never did and was too busy with trying to his group “Girl Radical” off the ground. He wanted to call her but never got the nerve. He didn't want to pry into her life and decided to care from afar and just ask Justin what was going on.


Justin snapped out of his thoughts as Kerri asked., “Hey do you know a good gym I can go to when I get out of this dam cast? I want to go back to working out.”


Justin smiled, “Yeah but first,” he pulled her up again and got her crutches. “Lets go see the doctor to see how you are doing. As soon as you get the green light to work out we will get you signed up.”


Kerri smiled as she said, “Im ready as you are. I just want to get off my ass and start living again.”





LATER THAT night


Kerri looked in the mirror that was in her room. She sighed as she tried took the crutches she had been using and hobbled into the living room. She saw Jessica's head pop up as she walked into the room.


“That outfit looks really nice Kerri.” Jess said as she got up and walked to her.


Kerri smiled as she said, “Thanks. For getting it for me. And I will pay you back when I get paid this week. I can't accept that you paid for it Jessica.”


Jessica was about to say something then heard Justin's voice, “She didn't pay for it. I did so if I even see you hand me money I will just give it back to you sis. You deserve something nice to wear once in a while and when you get paid and can actually walk around She's going to take you out and get you what you want to wear and that's final.”


Kerri's eyes welled up for the umpteenth time that day. She had been so used to the world of buying clothes that didn't suit her or she would have to get approval for. She was not used to people getting her things she liked and didn't feel guilty about wearing.


“Thanks Justin.” Kerri said as she was about to go to the couch when she heard the door open.


“Hellooo!!!!!!!”


Kerri smiled as she heard the deep voice. Justin got up and welcomed Lance into his home. “Sup man”


“Hey Justin how are you.” they gave manly hugs and all that guy crap.


Lance smiled as he saw Kerri, “Hello sweetie how are you.” he hugged her and gave her a kiss on the cheek


“I am feeling better, went to the doctor today and they said the cast will be off in about another month and the ribs are healed.” She said as he hugged her again.


“So happy to hear you are getting better. And I am so thrilled you are here in LA now.” Michael said as he dropped a kiss on her cheek


“Thanks Michael I, whoa LET ME DOWN FATONE!!” Kerri yelled and laughed as she was wrapped up in a bear hug.


“I am excited to see you and healthy to boot my Ker-bear!!” Joey put her down as Kelly laughed along with their two daughters.


“Joe, let her down for god sakes. She's still recovering.” Kelly said as she walked to her and smiled with a tear in her eye. “Hey chickie, how are you.”


Kerri smiled as she said, “I'm getting there.”


“Hey getting there, you look better than I saw you a few months back. Well, minus that boring Cast that needs some decorations on it” Chris said walking to her.


Kerri and Chris always got along in more of a brother sister relationship where he was protective of Kerri. Very protective of her. Between Justin and Chris, the two of them would always be there to make sure she was alright.



JC was the last to show up. He being the true gentleman went to the local florist and picked up flowers for Kerri. Not just any flowers but Kerri's favorite, daffodils. He had a mix of them, Yellow, white and some that were white with orange. He also brought her a small stuffed puppy. He remembered when he used to stay at Lynn's house in Orlando she had one that she would sleep with.


“Hey everyone.” JC said as he walked into the living room where everyone was sitting and talking. He gave hugs to Justin and Jess and went around the room giving hugs to everyone there except Chris who was busy decorating Kerri's cast.


And then there she was.


She almost looked the same. She just looked nervous and sad though. He saw that in her a few months ago when he saw her and she still had that scared and ashamed look.


She was still beautiful thought. Her once all blond hair was now light brown with highlights in it. It was long now as it went just past her shoulders and had soft light waves at the bottom.


Her eyes were a beautiful shade of blue. She still showed sorrow and fear in them but he was starting to see the sparkle she used to have coming back into them.


When she picked her head up to smile he remembered her smile. Hell he remembered all her smiles. This was her genuine smile. The one that showed everything. Happiness, fear, love, caring, and just everything.


JC smiled as he said, “Hey sweets.” he bent down to her and kissed her cheek and to inhale her sent.


She always smelled barutiful to him.


Kerri smiled as she saw JC for the first time in months. “Hey stranger.”



Jessica nudged Justin seeing how the two of them just looked at each other.


Justin looked at her and whispered, “What?” He then looked over to what his wife was looking at. He then looked to Jessica, “Jess babe, she just got out of what she went through don't start with the whole matchmaker.”


“Justin, they have always looked at each other like they belong together. I know she's not ready to date yet but still. They belong together.” Jessica said.


“She's right J, and I feel as if right now he is what she needs to get her back to where she needs to be.”

Kelly said sitting near them seeing what Jessica was seeing.


“Just don't push her. You see how scared she gets when we tell her to stop something and how she just shuts down Jess. She's finally coming back to us with smiling and opening up like she used to be. I don't want her to be pushed too hard.” Justin said as he looked at Kerri, Chris and JC all talking and how she was smiling her true smile.


Just then he smiled and said to himself


Maybe they are right. Only time will tell.”





:::::Later that night:::::


Come on Kerri, we have fought before and we always make up this way baby.” Alex says as he walks towards her and reaches for her hip pulling her close to him


The smell of alcohol is on his breath. Kerri tries to push him away as she says, “Alex, please you're drunk right now just relax and I will tlak to you in the morning.”


His tone changes as he says, “Don't be a fucking tease to me, Kerri.”


Kerri knows this is not going to end well as she hears his voice go from pleading and needy to hard and icy. As if he's now not asking for sex but now demanding it.


He gropes her breast and Kerri moves away, “Stop it! I don't want to do this, not when you are like this Alex.”


Next thing she knows a hand comes across her face fast and hard and she falls to the floor and is holding her cheek. She can't believe this. Well, she can as she knows now she should do what's best and just submit to his wants and needs.


She feels her pants being taken off as she keeps her eyes closed and says to herself :

Just let him do this and he will leave you alone.”


See I knew you wanted me to fuck you.” Alex started to pull his pants down and in the next moment he was inside her. He said as he thrusted inside her, “i knew my little whore of a tease wanted me to fuck her.”


Kerri kept her eyes closed as she felt the tears sting her eyes.



Kerri woke up in a cold sweat and startled. She started to control her breath and looked around her room.


Relax Kerri it was just a nightmare.


She relaxed as she looked at the clock. It read 3 am. Sighing she got up and went to the kitchen quick and grabbed a water and then hobbled back to her room and went to her laptop that was set up. Sighing as this was becoming a new thing for her...fall asleep around midnight and waking up to a nightmare at 3 or 4 in the morning. She just started looking up information when she saw her skype messenger bing.


JazzyCChasez would like to start a conversation with you. Click Yes to start video chat.


Kerri was a little surprised to see him up at this hour and clicked YES;


She smiled as she saw his face come up on the screen. She wished she had more time to talk to him like they used to before...well HIM. She enjoyed talking and laughing with JC in the past and it was tough when the other guys and girls were there tonight as they kept Kerri in conversations all throughout the night.


JC smiled as he saw her sitting there online. “Hey there, shouldn't you be sleeping missy.”


“I should be asking you the same thing JC” Kerri Said smiling back at him.


“I am in my studio I was just about to go up to sleep when I saw you pop on.” He said as he sat there.


Kerri noticed he was in his studio working. “I should have known.” She then said, “Can't sleep I just had a nightmare.” She was shocked that she was able to admit to him that she was having nightmares.


JC being concerned asked, “Are you okay sweetie?”


Kerri shrugged her shoulders as she said, “I comes with the territory of what happened to me. PTSD as the doctors call it. Its the first one I have had in the past few days.”


JC felt so bad for her as he looked at her. He then saw the flowers he got for her in the background. “Hey are those the Daffodils I got you the other day?”


Kerri smiled as she turned and saw them on her nightstand. She looked at him blushing just a little bit. “Yeah I had Justin bring them in so I can see them in the morning and at night.” she then looked down and back up at his face and said, “They make me smile knowing someone knows they are my favorite flowers.


JC smiled as he said, “Come on Ker, as long as I have known you I always knew that they are your favorite flower. You even told me that they remind you of the sun and happy things. I also remember you telling me tulips, Gerber Dasies and iris' are your other favorite flower. “


Kerri smiled as she was rather impressed with how he knew what she liked. “I appreciate it Josh.”


JC smiled to himslef. He always liked how she called him by his real name.


They continued to talk for a while. Kerri felt a little of her old self come out and was enjoying how JC was making her feel like her old self.


Kerri yawned as she looked at the clock on her computer read 5:30. “Oh crap I need to get to bed. I'm sorry Josh.'


“For what? I am glad I got to talk to you. Just wish we could have talked like this earlier this evening.”


“Me too, I didn't realize I missed this til now.” Kerri said blushing slightly.


JC looked at her via the skype waves and asked. “What are your plans for this weekend?”


Kerri said, “Not much I can't really do any walking with this dam cast on my foot for another month.” she looked and asked, “Why?”


“Well I was wondering if you'd like to hang out this coming weekend. I am off Friday and I want to spend more time with you, catch up some more.” JC said.

Kerri thought about it for a little while and said, “I'd like that too.”


“So I will let you get some sleep and I will call you tomorrow or text you letting you know what time I will be there.” JC said.


“Sounds like a plan JC.” Kerri smiled then said, “Sweet dreams and thanks.”


“No problem sweetie. Go to bed, night.” JC said as he ended the conversation.


He smiled as he couldn't wait for Friday to get here.  

Chapter End Notes:
starting the next chapter..please let me know what you think so far 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love abusiveex jc justin