Author's Chapter Notes:
I know it has been a while since i wrote but i got the idea for this story and i am taking it for a little test drive. 

Pain.


Sharp pains. From her head, where she hit the corner of the table from the blow to her face where her cheek hurt, to the horrible pain she had from her leg from being pulled from the bath and down the stairs to the living room of the condo she lived in with the monster.


She was in and out of it hearing the sirens of the ambulance she was in.


It happened again.


But this time it was for the last time.


She was just coming out of the fog as she felt the ambulance come to a full stop and the paramedics pull the gurney she was on out of the back.


She saw and felt the dark cold of the night hit her bruised face. She then saw the sign 'Emergency” above her and sighed.


“What do we have?” A nurse said as she walked to the side of the gurney and saw the face.


Kerri looked to her in sheer pain and nerves. She knew the nurse by her voice. It was someone she had seen the last and well, every time this happened. They had become friends.


“30 year old female, beaten by her boyfriend and thrown down the stairs. Possible hairline skull fracture to the rear of the skull, possible broken ankle, and possible fractured ribs. Blood pressure 110/70 pulse up to 140, and gave her O2 and in back brace to make sure she has no neck or spinal injury.” The paramedic said as he looked down to her and gave her a warm caring smile.


“Page me Dr. Martinson, and call her brother on the phone for me.” The nurse said.


“No need to mam, we called from the car on the way here” A tall police officer stated as he walked behind them.


Kerri looked up and spoke for the first time. “Alicia, where's Alex?”


“Don't worry Ms. Harris, he has been put under arrest, and your mother are on their way here.” The officer stated as she tried to look at him.


“Hold still Kerri, wait til the doctor comes to look at you.” Alicia said.


Kerri lied there and started to cry looking at her friend.


“It's okay Kerri, he can't get in here he's in jail and won't be able to get to you.” Alicia said as she saw the doctor walk in.

“Hello Alicia, give me what the bastard asshole did to my fighter this time?” Dr. Martinson said as he walked in.


“Possible Fracture to the Skull and ribs, and broken left ankle. Pressure is normal 120/80 pulse is still up at 150 but I think that's because she is nervous and in pain.” Alicia said.


“Hey Kerri, move your neck do you feel any pain?” the doctor asked.


Kerri moved her neck and said. “No just my leg, chest where he kicked me and my head is throbbing.” Kerri said as she felt the back board and neck brace come off her. She winced as she was rolled to her side and the doctors saw her back where she was kicked.


“Okay get me a front and back chest x-ray, left ankle x-ray, get her up to CT for a scan of her head. Let's start an IV and when she's done with the scan and x-rays give her .5 of morphine drip and also get me an scan of her chest and abdomen to rule out any possible bleeding and any other possible injuries.”

He said smiling down at her as he also saw the bruise to her eye and cheek.


“Kerri did Alex try to do anything to you?” Alicia asked as she started to dress her up in a hospital gown. Another nurse that knew Kerri smiled as she started her IV.


Kerri looked to Alicia and started to cry. Alicia knew and whispered to the doctor, “we need a rape kit, and a pregnancy test as well as std kit.” Alicia knew her friend knew the drill by now. This wasn't the first time this had happened.


An hour later, and after a rape exam, photos taken of her body and well there, along with the x-rays to confirm sprains to her ribs as well as a contusion to her head, as well as a beautiful cast to her left ankle, she was in her hospital room under guarded scurity. It was the bonus she got being that she has always gone to this hospital.


“Where's my mom?” Kerri asked. Sitting there alone with her thoughts and her friends, Dr Martinson, and Alicia


Just as Alicia was bout to be talked to she heard Lynn's voice. “What did that bastard do to her now!?”


Lynn looked into the room and saw Kerri lying there. Kerri looked back to her and saw her mother crying.


“Mom I'm gonna be okay.” Kerri said as her mother hugged her a little to tightly as she winced.


Lynn turned to her friend and asked. “How bad is it?”


Dr. Martinson looked at Kerri who gave a small nod as to tell him it's okay to let her know.


“She has bruised ribs, a contusion to the back of her head, a fractured ankle and as you can see a lovely bruise to her right cheek and eye.” He took a breath and went on, “She was also raped, now we did all the tests and we were very lucky to find out that she came up negative on all of them.”


Lynn went over to her bed side and held her hand. Here was her daughter strong as ever and smiling through her pain. She only found out three weeks ago that this has been going on for over a year and a half. She just moved back to Tennessee six months ago to help her care for their dying grandfather, Lynns father.


Kerri breathed in a deep breath and said, “I called Justin, and talked to him. He's not too happy about what happened and want's me to go live with him in LA.”


Lynn sighed as she asked, “And?”


“I'm going to LA as soon as I get out of here. Justin let me know that Jessica will be home and they said I can work from there. I have some work already there for the LA Chronicle.” Kerri saw her mother get all down as she knew this was best but was sad.


Kerri went on. “Mom, I will see you in a few weeks being that I will be there for Chris and Alicias wedding in Orlando. Plus I need this for me. I am scared of what can happen if he get's away with what he has done to me. I need this fresh start. I can't keep living in fear here when I know there's a better life for me out there with my brother.”


Lynn smiled as she said, “I know sweetie and you know I will be out there for you too. I am happy you are going to do this and you will be set.”



Two days later:



“Good Morning passangers of Delta flight 383 nonstop from Memphis to Los Angeles. We are next in line for take off so please remember to keep your phone's and all electronic devices off as we take off and I will let you know when you are able to turn them back on. This flight will be just over four and a half hours so please just relax as we take off and enjoy your flight.” The captain said.


Kerri looked out the window of her first class seat, (thanks to her brother and sister-in-law) as she saw the plane take off. She sighed as she was leaving behind the life she was living and moving on to a new life. She took a deep breath and said:


“Here's to Starting Over”

Chapter End Notes:
read on then let me know what you think 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love abusiveex jc justin