The battles had separated rules, except the thing that three singers should form a team. There were also three singers per round which fought against each other.

In the first round of the battle the coaches had to form their team into three detached teams with four members. In this round one of the four per team had to go.

In the second round they form again three teams with each three members and one per team had to leave.

In the third round they had to form two teams with each three members and the better team was going to perform at the end against the teams of the other coaches and the people at home, which watched the show could decide per phone call, which team was the best and which team should record an album together.

Justin looked at the list with his singers and thought that JC definitely had to sing with Christina and if both were as good as he thought they are they would stand both in the finals. He couldn’t say it to 100 percent because he also had other great singers in his team like Rihanna and Madonna. But he was sure that JC would rock that thing! It was JC.

With a camera team behind him, Justin entered a ready-furnished living room, which was actually just a set to shoot the exciting moments when the stars get to know their team players. Justin looked at all the guys sitting on the coach. Most of them were real good friends of him, others were acquaintances he worked with one day.

He held a letter in his hands with his choices and the twelve people on the coach got quiet when they recognized that the shoot started.

“I had to form three teams with always four people and I don’t want to keep you in suspense, so here we go. The first team consists of Richard Marx, Ciara, Fergie and Kylie Minogue.” Justin looked at the four guys and saw how they all bandy looks at each other with a smile on their faces. “The second team consists of Pink, Ryan Tedder, Rihanna and Beyoncé.” Directly when he mentioned the last name they could see the disappointment in Rihanna’s face and the little anger in Beyoncé’s. Justin knew they didn’t like each other, but at the end he needed a team which could kick Bieber's ass and sop he had to look if they are team player even if they didn’t like each other. “And in the third team are Madonna, Christina Aguilera, Nelly Furtado and JC Chasez.” JC smiled at Justin like he wanted to say “Good choice, J” in the lovely way he always did. JC was an angel in Justin’s eyes and the more times he saw him the more he regretted to let JC go. JC was a real beautiful man and Justin couldn’t even explain how he survived without being with him.

“Cut!” the camera man screamed and everybody was about to go. Adam Levine entered the room to get ready for his shoot. Justin still stood in the middle of the set starring at JC. This one was talking to Christina, until he faced Justin and starred back at him. There were those sparks in the air between them. Justin thought about to go to JC and tell this one about his feelings, but that was a bad idea, he thought.

Justin gave JC a short smile and went out of the room.

The next day Justin was in the studio “The Voice” gave him to practice with his team, what meant he told them what to sing and which parts, because all of them were professionals and to be honest Justin knew that no one of them needed a coach, especially not those like Richard Marx, who were in this business longer than Justin himself.

Team number 1 (Richard, Ciara, Fergie, Kylie) got the song Milkshake by Kelis. Richard had to laugh but agreed with the choice. “I can act like I would be a hot girl” he said, while the girls were laughing. Justin supplied the parts to everyone and sent them into a separated room to practice.

Team number 2 (Rihanna, Beyoncé, Ryan, Pink) got the song Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day. There Justin also divided the song into its parts and supplied them.

Team number 3 (Madonna, Christina, Nelly, JC) Got the song Candyman by Christina herself. Normally Justin didn’t want to give songs from artists, who were in the team, but this choice fitted perfectly to all their voices and he wanted them to sing the shit out of their lungs. The girls were celebrating the choice and talked excited about which kind of tattoos JC should get drew on his arm. This one was laughing. But he didn’t join the discussion like Justin expected it. He sat next to Justin and took carefully the list out of Justin’s hands to see which parts he would sing.

JC: That’s a good choice, J

Justin: Thanks, C. I’m glad you like it.

JC: Why shouldn’t I?

Justin: shrugged with his shoulders I don’t know. Actually I was surprised you joined my team.

JC: What do you mean?

Justin: After that thing I did to you…

JC: Stop it, J.

Justin: Did I say something wrong?

JC: No, it’s just… I don’t want to hear that.

Justin: Why?

JC: You hurt me, yes. But I’m over it. And instead of talking about how bad you were, we could act like adults and stay friends. We wanted to stay friends, do you remember?

Justin: Sure.

JC: And we can’t be friends when you just talk about how sorry you are. I know that and I accepted your apology. And now I want to see this beautiful smile on your face again I love so much.

Justin: smiles

JC: There it is.

Justin: laughs quietly You always know how to lift my mood.

JC: I am your big brother. Surely I know that.

Justin knew this was the moment, where he could tell JC that he was still in love with him. He looked into JC’s eyes. He still saw the warmth in it. Their faces came closer. But instead of kissing JC, Justin placed his hand on JC’s knee and said “I have a lot of things to do. See ya buddy.” And with a last punch on JC’s arm Justin stood up and left the room.

Immediately Justin called Timbaland and explained him the situation.

Justin: What happened to me? I said See ya buddy and left! I guess I’m getting sick.

Timbaland laughed You are not getting sick Justin. You are just afraid.

Justin: Afraid of what? I am Justin Timberlake. I am not afraid.

Timbaland: Even a Justin Timberlake gets afraid. You are afraid that you waited too long. You are afraid of getting rejected. You are afraid of losing JC if this is not going to work again.

Justin: Yeah, maybe you are right. And what am I going to do now?

Timbaland: I don’t know. You have to decide on your own Jus. This time nobody can help you making this decision.

Justin: What would you do, if you were in my shoes?

Timbaland: Seriously? I would let JC go. He deserves to get the right treatment from a guy who loves him. Justin, I know you love him, but we both know that you left JC, because he wasn’t enough for you. You aren’t gay. Even not bisexual. In a weird way you like JC, but he will never be able to give you, what you need.

Justin: Yeah, maybe you are right. I will think about it. Bye.

Timbaland: Bye, Jus.

Justin looked back thinking about to talk with JC, but decided to go. This was neither the right place nor the right time to talk about this.

Friday morning it was the time to make the show. It will be sent at Saturday night, so the producer had enough time to cut everything the way they wanted to have it. They started with Bieber’s teams where Selena Gomez, Bruno Mars, Carly Rae Jepson, Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown, Freddie Mercury, Miley Cyrus, Nick Jonas and Usher were allowed to stay. Next were Britney’s teams. She let Steven Tyler, Avril Lavigne, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Neil Patrick Harris, Bob Dylan, Anthony Kiedis, Ana Matronic and Sheryl Crow stay.

Now it was the turn of Justin’s teams. After team number 1 performed he decided that he wanted Richard Marx, Ciara and Fergie to stay. After the performance of team number two, he wanted to go with Beyoncé, Ryan and Pink. Rihanna didn’t even give a fuck if she was good, because she still was pissed off to perform with Beyoncé. Justin had no place and no nerves for those kindergarten standards. At least team number three was going to perform. All four entered the stage and the light went off. Then one light went on again, showing Nelly Furtado, which was going to sing first.

Nelly: I met him out for dinner on a Friday night
He really got me working up an appetite

Now all the lights went on and all four stood in a row performing a choreography which let JC loo pretty gay, because the movements were definitely made for female singers.

Nelly: He had tattoos up and down his arm
There's nothing more dangerous than a boy with charm

All: He's a one stop shop, makes my panties drop
He's a sweet talkin' sugar coated Candyman
A sweet talkin' sugar coated Candyman, ooh, yeah

Justin smiled when he saw that JC also sang CandyMAN just to save the harmony of their voices.

Madonna: He took me to the Spider Club on Hollywood and Vine
We drank champagne and we danced all night

Now Madonna stood next to JC, singing at him, while JC wrapped an arm around her hips walking backwards over the stage.

Madonna: We shook the paparazzi for a big surprise
The gossip tonight will be tomorrow's headline

JC: She's a one stop shop, makes my cherry pop
She’s a sweet talkin' sugar coated candygirl
A sweet talkin' sugar coated candygirl

Now he sang Girl. Justin was smiling, because he knew JC also wanted a Candyman. God, know he was remembering how badly he wanted himself to be JC’s Candyman.

All: He's a one stop shop, makes my cherry pop
He's a sweet talkin' sugar coated Candyman
A sweet talkin' sugar coated Candyman, Ohh yeah

Now Nelly and Madonna went at the end of the stages and made place for Christina and JC. It was pretty smart from JC to play the Candyman. It was the way how he always was in spotlight. On the other hand he had more choreography to learn. Now Christina leaned into JC’s arms, touching his sensual lips with her gentle fingers.

Christina: Well, by now I'm getting all bothered and hot
When he kissed my mouth it really hit the spot
He had lips like sugarcane
Good things come for boys who wait

With a graceful turn Christina and Madonna switched places and now Madonna was with JC again. Now she used her fingers to stroke JC’s upper body from his chest to the area, where his navel should be.

JC: Tarzan and Jane were swinging' on a vine
Madonna: Candyman, Candyman
JC: Sipping from a bottle of vodka double wine
Madonna: Candyman, Candyman
Sweet sugar Candyman

This time JC swapped places with Christina. Justin got a flashback to the VMA performance of Madonna, Britney and Christina where both kissed Madonna on stage.

Christina: He's a one stop, gotcha hot, making all the panties drop
Madonna: Sweet sugar Candyman
Christina: He's a one stop, got me hot, making my ugh pop
Madonna: Sweet sugar Candyman
Christina and Nelly: He's a one stop, get it while it's hot, baby don't stop
Madonna: Sweet sugar

Now the light went to JC and Nelly. Nelly had wrapped her legs around JC’s hips, While JC hold her with his arms. She let her upper body fall backwards and went up again to face JC. This one tried to look like this would turn him on and to normal people it really looked like, but Justin knew that JC was gay and so to him it could never look realistic.

JC: She's got those lips like sugarcane
Nelly: Good things come for boys who wait

Now Nelly jumped on her feet again and all stood in a row again dancing their choreography together.

All: He's a one stop shop with a real big ugh
He's a sweet talkin' sugar coated Candyman
A sweet talkin' sugar coated Candyman
A sweet talkin' sugar coated Candyman
A sweet talkin' sugar coated Candyman

Madonna and Nelly: Candyman, Candyman, Candyman, Candyman
Candyman, Candyman, Candyman, Candyman

At the end all girls stood around JC with their hands on his chest, rubbing their bodies against his. JC with a shy smile, while every other man was wishing to swap with him in this moment. Justin smiled at JC and JC smiled back, but Justin didn’t know if JC could even see him, or if the light was too bright.

Adam: This performance was the most impressive show I’ve seen tonight.

The audience gave standing ovations.

Adam: I really don’t know what to say. This was just… wow. Justin, with this combination you made a really good choice. You guys just killed it and I really don’t want to be the one who has to decide which one of you has to go.

Britney: Yes, I agree with Adam. It was just amazing. The choreography, the dance. JC, even if you didn’t hit the stage the last years, you showed everyone that you still got it. It was really smart to play the Candyman so you were in the spotlight pretty often.

I thought the same, bitch, Justin thought.

Britney: I loved your costumes, I loved the sexiness, and I loved this performance!

You could see the sparkles in JC’s eyes. He really needed to get back on the stage.

Bieber: I don’t agree with the others. This performance was ok.

“What? Is this little shit on drugs?” Justin was in rage.

Bieber: I really liked the beginning with the choreography, but when you separated it you didn’t perform as a team anymore.

Justin: Stop! This is a competition and not a cuddle-battle. They have to show that they are the best and so this was actually really smart from everyone to show what they can do and to try< to convince not only me but the whole audience.

Bieber: I just wanted to say that I would’ve liked to see a whole team performance. And especially you, JC. It looked like you wanted to get attention the whole time. You never let one of the girls perform alone…

Justin: That’s it! You have no idea! That performance was something you will never see in your entire life again, because you will never be such an amazing artist as JC, Christina, Nelly and Madonna are and now shut the fuck up, if I hear another needless comment, I kick your ass!

Bieber: looks shocked over to Justin

Justin: You just killed it and I can’t say anything more. This is a real hard decision, maybe the hardest of this entire night. I definitely want to go with… JC.

Justin saw the relief in JC’s eyes, when he mentioned his name. With a smile he watched the others hugging him.

Justin: I also want to go with Christina… Now it’s getting difficult. Nelly and Madonna, you both are amazing artists and I love you both and you know that you are both really talented, but this is a strong team and I only can choose one of you. Madonna, I’m sorry but I want to go with Nelly.

Everyone was hugging Madonna. She gave a little thankful speech and all together left the stage.

At least Adam Levine’s teams were battling and he chose Mariah Carrey, Katy Perry, Olli Murs, Vanessa Hudgens, Billy Joe Armstrong, Jared Leto, Kayne West, Alicia Keyes and Bono.

Then everyone said goodbye to the camera and the show ended. Justin stood up from his chair stretching his arms and legs, while JC came down from the stage.

JC: It was nice how you defended me.

Justin: We are friends, aren’t we?

JC: Yes. Plays with his belt to hide his nervousness.

Justin: You want to drink a coffee with me?

JC: I’d love to, but I have to work with Girl Radical, you know…

Justin: Sure… I see you tomorrow?

JC: Yeah…

Justin: … Bye.

And without waiting for JC’s answer Justin left the studio. He knew that JC really had to work with Girl Radical, but he also saw this as a “No” to a common future.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story