Five Years Later

“It’s been 3 months,” Ashten said, her lips brushing up against JC’s.

“3 devastatingly long, agonizing months,” He replied, before his lips came crashing down onto hers. He deepened the kiss, as he brought his hands up to meet hers and their fingers intertwined with one another’s.

“Hmm, I never want to leave this bed,” Ashten moaned, as her head fell back down against the softness of the abundance of pillows. As the soft Bahamian rains beat down against the window, she felt as if she were in paradise.

“Who says we have to?” JC replied, trailing soft kisses from her lip, and down her neck. It had been three months since the last time they’d been together, and he wasn’t about to let anything get in their way now. JC made his way back up to her lips, and slowly pulled back looking deep into her beautiful brown eyes.

“What?” Ashten asked, staring up into those beautiful blue orbs that have held her captivated ever since she was seventeen years old.

“You are so beautiful,” JC smiled, bringing his hand up to her cheek and lightly brushing it with the pad of his thumbs.

“Thanks,” Ashten blushed.

JC continued to stare down at Ashten mesmerized by her beauty. Seven years later, and she was definitely the one for him. Sometimes he couldn’t believe his luck; how by chance, he’d just happened to go to that party on that fateful night, and end up meeting the love of his life. How Ashten had picked him out amongst the crowd, without even having a clue about who he was. They immediately clicked and had been connected ever since. Then, that summer after the MMC had ended, JC and Joey had decided to join the group. They’d landed a deal and became a huge sensation, and his entire life both public and private had become the center of attention, and through it all Ashten had been right there beside him.

JC knew that it wasn’t exactly easy being with him. He was away all the time; touring, recording, and constantly promoting projects. There were always rumors of him dating a Spice Girl, a supermodel or an A-list actress, but Ashten was really amazing because she trusted him, and she never questioned his loyalty to her. Even when she was constantly being harassed by fans, and bashed on Angelfire sites, she never let it get to her. He liked the fact that she had no desire to be in the spotlight, and that she loved him for him. She was still the same girl that he’d known seven years ago, and she’d never changed. Not only that, but whenever he needed her, she was there, no questions asked. Whenever he was down, she was there to lift him up, and for that he owed her everything.

“I love you.” JC said.

“I love you more,” She replied, reaching up to kiss him again.

And that was the thing. He felt that she always loved him more. She was selfless and giving, and while he loved her more than anything, he felt like he hadn’t been the best boyfriend. He’d never cheated, and never would, but he was never… there. Granted, circumstances didn’t always allow him to be, but at the same time he felt like he could be so much more to her. Which is why he invited her to come to the Bahamas, where the group was filming a special, so that while they had some downtime, he’d spend every minute with her. If she could build her life around him, the way that she’d been doing the past few years, then he’d start doing the same. It was time he showed her just how much he loved and appreciated her.

I can't imagine life
without you by my side
This is love baby that I'm feeling
and I'm hoping
that you're feeling the same way

“I’m so glad you’re here with me,” He said, laying beside her and pulling her close to him.

“I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else,” Ashten replied, laying her head on JC’s chest.

“You know how much I love you right?” JC asked, looking down at her.

“Baby, of course I do.” Ashten replied. “Why?” She asked, sensing that something was wrong.

“I just… I know I don’t say it all the time baby, but you mean the world to me Ash, you really do.” JC said.

“Babe…” Ashten smiled. “That’s really sweet.”

“I mean it; I don’t think that I could make it through some of my days without hearing the sound of your voice. Particularly on the bad days, you’re what gets me through.”

Lately
have I told you I love you
lately
have I told you you still mean the world to me

“Wow…” Ashten sighed, as a tear involuntarily escaped her eye and rolled down her cheek. She hadn’t expected that. Yes, it was hard being with him sometimes, but she didn’t complain because she understood that it came with the territory. Although she’d never shared it with him, she sometimes did feel insignificant in his world. He was JC Chasez, world famous pop star, and she, was Ashten Miller, small town shop owner from Orlando, Florida. So the fact that he was acknowledging her in this way, felt great.

“And, I just want you to know that, there’s not a day that goes by that I’m not thankful that I have you in my life.” JC said.

Sweet lady would you be my
sweet love for a lifetime
I'll be there when you need me
just call and receive me 

“Jace,” Ashten sighed, smiling. She didn’t know where this sudden change in their relationship had come from, but she liked it.

JC leaned down to kiss her once more. Ashten was the love of his life. He was reminded by her presence that he was the luckiest man alive. He had her and he didn’t want to lose her. There was no way that he’d let her go, ever. It was time he started showing her just what he meant to her.

“What are you doing?” Ashten asked, arching her eyebrows up in confusion, when he reached over them and into the drawer.

“Something I should’ve done a while ago,” JC replied, pulling a ring box from the drawer.

“Jace…” Ashten interjected. “W-what are you doing?” She stuttered.

“Ashten baby,” JC said, propping himself up and looking into her eyes. “You are everything to me, and I am so blessed to have you.”

“Josh…” Ashten gasped, when he opened up the blue velvet box to reveal a three carat cushion cut micropaveq89; diamond ring.

“Ashten,” JC said. “I love you more than anything, and I want you in my life, for good. So will, will you be mine, forever baby?” He asked, taking the ring and sliding it onto her left ring finger. Silence. JC swore he could hear his own heart beating. He’d never been as nervous as he’d been right there in that moment.

As Ashten stared down into JC’s eyes, she was completely speechless, at a loss for words. Her heart was pounding in her head, and the room was spinning. Had he really just asked her to marry him? Breathe, yeah she should breathe. That would be a great idea right about now. She was being proposed to. By the love of her life. To say that she didn’t see this coming was a definite understatement.

“Ashten,” she heard JC call. “Umm, can you say something?” He urged.

“Did you ask my dad?” Ashten croaked, a tear escaping her eye. It was the first thing had come out of her mouth. She wasn’t thinking straight. Full sentences were not coming to her.

“Yes, yes.” JC replied nervously. “And your mom. So, what do you say?” He asked.

“Yes!” She exclaimed. “Yes, yes, yes!” She finally got out. Of course she would marry him!

“Thank God,” JC gasped, placing his lips on hers. “You had me worried.” He said, wiping her tears away.

“As if I’d say no!” Ashten laughed. “I can’t wait to start my life with you.” She said, looking up at him.

“Me either,” JC replied sweetly, before kissing her. Looking down at her, he knew. She was it for him, there was no one else. No one loved him like she did. He loved the way she loved him, and he knew without a doubt that he’d made the right choice. There was no turning back for him. She was the one.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Songs:

Lately- Tyrese

Sweet Lady- Tyrese


Completed
Ashley Loves JC is the author of 20 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: mmcera presync jc joey