"God....this is soo lame..." I thought as I pushed the giant shopping car through Wal-Mart. 

I stopped at a box that had "special price" written all over it. Inside there were huge silver candles with red "Merry XMas" writing sprawled across them.

'Amazing!' I thought to myself, 'Silver is my fave color and the candles even have red in them like JC wanted. He'll be so excited as well. And of course I won't burn anything, what am I, a child?" In the middle of the sentence I spotted the Firework section.

"Oh yes!! Fireworks are sooo cool!!!" I said to no one in particular and quickly threw the Christmas candles into the cart as I stood on the cart with my left foot while I pushed it forward with my right one.  "Woohooo!" I yelled when I approached all the different rockets.

'The guys are gonna love this! Fireworks all over the house, it'll be spectacular, the best Christmas ever!'

I looked at all the different offers and then quickly decided to take anything that had words like "loud!", "spectacular", "lightshow" and "breathtaking" written on the box. So basically I went on with a whole shopping cart full of rockets.

The next stop was the drink section.

'Soft drinks!' I thought to myself 'What are we? Minors?"

Well, legally both Lance and Justin were still minors, but who cared. It was Christmas. They were at JC's place so I thought it was a safe place to drink a bit. All other families were only using Christmas as an excuse to drink more anyways, right? Nothing wrong with that.

I crossed out the soft drinks JC had written on there. I wasn't even able to read the list properly. Did it say "Coca Cola" or "Lod Lob"?  Well they didn't have Lod Lob - probably something special from Maryland - here anyways so I decided to choose a six pack of beer.

JC should really improve his handwriting though.

Fanta? Easily replaced by a bottle of Vodka. And we needed some whine for a Christmas punch, JC always forgot about the cool things. Luckily enough I was the one who thought of everything.

I continued to get lots of sweets, because come on what is Christmas without gingerbread, chocolate Santa’s and popcorn? Nothing. Well popcorn probably isn't a traditional Christmas snack, but I was determined to make it one, at least for our little *NSYNC family.

'Okay, focus Chris. What else does JC need for the meal?'

 Mhm the cookies seemed a bit too few for all of them, considering Joey had probably stolen and eaten all that Justin had left. Oh Justin. He was so in love with JC, they were the cutest couple I had ever seen. SO madly in love I even caught myself getting a little jealous from time to time.

Anyways, I bought three packages of flour and everything else I could find in the backing section. I am an okay cook, but I have literally no idea what JC puts into those cookies. So I bought all kinds of ingredients I could find there. We'd need them someday anyways, right?

"Oh damn it!" I cursed. I had just held the list my in hands, and now it was gone. I must have dropped it somewhere in the drink section.

I hurried back to the drink section, putting a few basic things into the overflowing shopping cart as I walked by them. A tennis bat could be useful someday for example. I love tennis. Well, watching it. Learning it couldn't be so hard. And it was 40% off. I had to take it. Not taking it would be irresponsible, and didn't JC tell me to become more responsible. He'll be proud of me, saving so much money and all.

Happily I looked at the piece of paper I had found again on the floor. Great. Now due to some idiot who had opened a bottle of milk, the whole list was blurry and now completely illegible.

I had to come up with the things myself. It weren't so many after all. JC had wanted some kind of vegetable. Hm, probably potatoes and.... some green thing. 'I'll take cabbage.' At least it sounded familiar to me.

'Okay, think it through, Christopher.' JC wanted some kind of spice. The only Christmas related thing I could think of was cinnamon though. But JC was such a good baker, I was sure he could just replace the other spiced he was lacking with something else as well in case I had forgotten one.

I went to go line up in front of the checkout when I saw a sign saying "perfumes 50% off."

That's what I had forgotten. JC wanted perfume! I went to the shelf and tried a few smells. It was kinda weird to me that JC wanted to try out perfume now, but hey. JC had always been a bit girly after all and maybe Justin was into it. I picked a floral scent as I knew Justin had liked those on his ex-girlfriend.  And JC was into roses and all that stuff.

'Now I better hurry home so that JC can go on making that delicious dinner for us!'

"465$ dollars, please!" The cashier said. I was pretty satisfied with my purchases.

 

When I arrived at JC's place I was grinning. I carried the fireworks into the garage so that nobody could see them and it would be a surprise for the night.

Then I carried all the other things I was supposed to bring to JC into the kitchen.

"Hey C, I'm back!" I yelled.
"Thank god, Chris. Did you get everything?" JC asked. He was all sweaty and had a worry line all over his forehead.

"Yes I did!" I said proudly and put the bottles onto the counter. "I spiced up your list a bit. I mean we aren't in Kindergarten, right? So I decided some alcoholic things are appropriate!"

JC's mouth dropped. "Did you actually buy Vodka for Christmas???"

"Yeah, I thought we'd create a few new traditions! You know, just our little family has them!"

I could see in JC's eyes that he didn't quite share my excitement. "You don't like it, do you?"

"It's not that I don’t like it, Chris, it's just. Never mind. Just drop the things on the counter, thanks for buying the stuff for me. I will see what I can make out of it. Why don't you help Justin a bit with the decorations?" He suggested.

I nodded and walked into the living room. "Whaddup Justin, how's the tree going?"

"Good, it's going good"

"It looks great... But..."

"But what?" Justin’s face looked worried.  I guess he didn’t get what was wrong with the decoration.

"Ohh nothing it’s great, but why is the ceiling covered in baby blue dangly things? I thought JC wanted red" 

"He did, but JC doesn't really know what he wants, he'll love it" 

"Okay if you say so" That’s what annoys me most. Justin could do the biggest shit and JC let him do that and when I try to have my fun he always grumbled. Not this time! 

"Yes he'll love it"   

"Alright, but hey if you’re playing with JC when he's stressing over Christmas, I’m proud little brother” I punched Justin’s arm and sat down drinking my first shot for the day.

 

About an hour later we heard noises from the kitchen, obviously from Joey and JC fighting, probably about the cookies. Justin and I decided to check on them.

 As Justin showed the decoration to JC, and doing some convincing help to make JC like it as much as Justin did, I decided it was time to leave the house and set up my firework for the evening.

"Em, C? How about I get some juice like you wanted! Is apple fine?" I asked.

JC sighed out of relief. "Apple would be great, Chris, Thanks. Maybe some coke too?"

I wrote a short text to my friend Kyle who still owed something to me to bring me a few boxes of apple juice and coke. Then I slowly walked into the garage to carry out my fireworks. The guys would be so surprised and happy. I squeaked at the very thought.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story