Yes! Decorating is my favorite. The Christmas tree was the best though; Joey better had hurry up picking it. Oh he's only been gone ten minutes, he's probably only at Lance's house (he had to go and get some hats, or Santa suits or candles...something like that, I wasn't really listening, I was too busy planning the decorations). Of course they were all fighting over JC's one car. Joey won of course, to be fair; he was going to buy a 7 foot tree. He was giving the other guys a lift though...big push over, I would have let them walk...okay I wouldn't have but still, it's a nice thought. I could hear JC in the kitchen singing, whilst baking his cookies, he's such a girl sometimes. Talking of cookies, JC's were the best, so I went in the kitchen to steal one. "JC...” I said in an innocent tone.

"Justin..." JC answered back in a copied tone.

"I was just wondering, whether I could have a-"

"NO, that tone won't work with me J, like I told the others; you're not having any of my cookies"

"But JC, they're not in and I won't tell them I promise!" I said putting on my puppy face and puppy eyes, he couldn't resist.

"Oh alright, but don't tell the others! AND only one!"

"Thanks Jace" I said whilst taking two and trying to run off naughtily like a little kid.

"Hey! I said one!" JC ran after me into the living room and pinned me to the floor, snatching the cookie out of my hand and shoving it into his mouth just so I couldn't eat it.

 

I went straight to decorating. I was starting with the ceiling ones and getting them out of the way, because when the tree eventually gets here it will make the whole thing a lot easier. Baby blue was going on the ceiling this year, I don't care what JC says or the fact he wants’ red. He'll get over it soon enough. When I had done doing the ceiling ones, I started on the ornaments. You can't have Christmas without little Santa’s put all around the house, right? You have to get into the Christmas spirit, well at least that's what mama always says.

 

Later in the day:

 

Now Joey was back, I could get started on my tree, yes my tree.  Starting with the lights is mandatory, and then you can put all the baubles on. Plus when the lights are shining and you put the shiny balls on you can see yourself. Damn I’m looking fly today! With all this decorating someone would have thought I was a child...oh wait I practically am, but we don’t have to discuss that. I always forget I’m the youngest, with Chris being so childish. But I suppose at Christmas I was the baby of the house. Fully living up to my nick name of baby spice. 

"Joey get your hands off my cookies, I won’t tell you again” JC was shouting in the kitchen, I laughed. He was so protective of his cookies. Joey must have been going back for more, because I could hear play fighting and the occasional piece of cutlery falling on the floor. Chris came over to me to see how the tree was going. "Whaddup Justin, how's the tree going?"

"Good, it's going good"

"It looks great... But..."

"But what?" my face must have looked so worried.  What the hell was wrong with my tree?

"Ohh nothing it’s great, but why is the ceiling covered in baby blue dangly things? I thought JC wanted red" 

"He did, but JC doesn't really know what he wants, he'll love it" 

"Okay if you say so" Chris said as if I may regret it. 

"Yes he'll love it"   

"Alright, but hey if you’re playing with JC when he's stressing over Christmas, I’m proud little brother” he said all proud punching my arm.

 

The tree was looking good, the ceiling was looking and so was I. 

Walking into the kitchen Joey and JC were still arguing over the stupid cookies. "Will you two stop already? Joey you're not getting a cookie. Jace is like a mother lion protecting her cubs!”

"You mean he's like JC protecting Justin" Joey said with a smirk on his face.

"Haha alright kids shut up! Justin have you done the decorations?" 

"Yep" I replied proudly.

"Well then, we are basically set! Except from lance who is taking years just to buy a Christmas hat, but he should be done soon"

"Well then. Let’s get this crunk!”

Lance did arrive after just as we were walking into the living room together. He looked pleased with himself. “What are you looking so pleased about?” JC asked just as I thought it.

“No reason just got some great buys.” Lance replied smiling from ear to ear.

“Wait, you did get the hats right?”

“Yeahh…pfft. No. I’m sorry”

JC was starting to freak out. “What the hell, you went out to get 5 hats and came back with some presents that you should have brought weeks ago!”

“Alright alright everyone calm down, I will run to the shop and get them, everyone else just chill. Christ it’s only a hat, JC calm down!” Joey said trying to be all mature, which failed every time. There had to be some reason he was acting like his age.

 

“Okay, be quick though” JC was starting to calm down a bit. Always a worrier, he need some sleep or something, that always made him happier. Whilst Lance continued to be all happy over his presents and started wrapping them, JC and me just chilled in the living room. Chris went away and nobody of us really got where he went. When Joey got back it was easy to see why he was trying to be so mature. It turns out he wasn’t. He came back with 5 Santa suits, one which slightly too small for him so he looked like a child. JC was pretty calm, he wanted Santa suits in the first place, so he wasn’t to pissed about Joey not being able to dress himself properly. Good old Joey. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story