„Wake up! “ I started from my sleep. I rubbed my eyes tiredly and looked into a pair of excited green eyes. “Lance? What happened?”

Lance looked confused at me, while I sit up. I got completely awake when the cold air touched my skin. I took my still warm blanket and wrapped it around my shoulders.

“What should have happened?”

 “There has to be a reason that you wake me up at…” I looked at the clock which stood next to my bed on a little table and groaned. “That you wake me up at 6:30 am.” My voice sounded tired and a little bit pissed at the same time.

“I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas!”

I looked up into Lance face. I should have been mad at him, but when I looked into his smiling face I just had to smile back.

I hugged him and also wished him a Merry Christmas. Then I looked for some clothes to wear, because the only thing I was wearing were my boxers.

I tied up my shirt when a curly guy jumped into my room and bounced up and down while he was talking so fast I had problems to understand every word.

“Good Morning Joey? How was your sleep? Mine was good. I had a crazy dream. I was dreaming it was Christmas day and that we celebrate it together as a band and when I woke up I realized that my dream comes true and I was so excited about that! JC is also awake and was smiling at me and he’s making cookies and he wants to see us all to arrange duties we have to do before its evening and I am so excited! And he doesn’t want me to eat cookies but I have stolen two already and they taste so good and I can’t wait for my presents you give to me and I hope that they are cool ones and I can’t wait that you all open my presents ‘cause they are awe-some!”

I was shaking my head. That was typically Justin. When something exciting was going to happen, he was like a bunny on speed.

“I will go back and help JC with the cookies what means I’m eating cookies and I’ll wait for you and maybe I wake up Chris when he isn’t still awake and I will bring up the last Christmas decoration and that is going to be the best Christmas ever!”

Then Justin left the room. I actually didn’t know exactly what he wanted from me, because he was talking too fast, but I got that JC was waiting for us.

I put the rest of my clothes on and joined JC in the kitchen.

On tiptoes I went towards the fresh-baked cookies and wanted to steal one or two, when I felt someone slapping my hands. I retired my hand and blew my hand to abate the pain.

“Don’t touch my cookies!”

I groaned. “Oh come on Jace. Just one or two.”

JC shook his head. “Then the others also want some cookies and then we haven’t enough for tonight.”

I tried again, but JC slapped my hands again. “I said no.”

 “Justin also got some! And by the way last year you also made so many cookies we had a whole week still enough cookies” I moaned.

“But I don’t have as much cookie dough as last year and I want to eat cookies, while I see how you guys open my presents for you.”

 “That’s torture JC! Your cookies are the best! Torturing is forbidden in this country.”

JC laughed quietly. “This is my house and in my house I can torture you as much as I want. Now get out of my kitchen, eat some breakfast, if Justin and Lance didn’t eat everything and get ready to do the last tasks before its getting dark outside. We still need a Christmas tree, we have no Christmas hats, we don’t have enough to drink for tonight and I also want some soft drinks, ‘because you know I can’t drink so much and especially Justin shouldn’t drink so much with 18. Also I need some groceries and don’t forget the candles and perfume oil and even if Justin already started, the decoration isn’t completed. We didn’t have the time especially because we all met our families before and nobody was here. So we have enough to do and not enough time. And I have to cook the whole Christmas meal and I have to start right now in the morning, because I have to prepare much and I know you guys can’t survive a Christmas without my tiramisu. So get ready.”

I left the kitchen and screamed “I didn’t want a whole speech what we still have to do, I just wanted some cookies!”

I entered the living room, where some pancakes stood on the table.

I ran towards them, before Chris could steal the rest. I put some on my plate and started eating.

Lance joined me and also ate some pancakes. Obviously it wasn’t his first serving, because nobody could retain himself, when he ate JC’s meals.

He was the best cook we ever had and we loved his food. We all loved to eat together especially when JC was cooking. We all could cook, but JC gave so much love into it that his ones tasted special.

It didn’t take a long time, until also Chris joined us. He took the rest of the pancakes and started to eat. With a full mouth he wished us a Merry Christmas.

We were laughing, while we watched Justin bring up the last cartons full of Christmas decoration. The first time I really looked around. I didn’t get what JC meant with nothing was decorated. There were some chocolate Santa’s standing around and all our advent calendars. For my taste that was enough decoration. Just the tree was missing.

When we finished eating, Justin sat down next to us and Lance called for JC. This one was sitting down next to us and broke out a piece of paper. He read his to do list and wrote something next to it. Then he looked at us and started to arrange the duties.

“Ok, we have much to do and not enough time. I will stay at home and prepare the meals we are going to eat tonight. Justin, I know you love to decorate everything and to be honest you are the only one, where I don’t have to worry that he hurts himself or break the half of the decoration.”

We heard Justin rejoice at his task. Decorating the house was his favorite part next to the presents.

“Ok, Lance, you will go and buy some Christmas hats. Best would be if you find whole Santa costumes, because that would be awesome if five Santa Clauses are celebrating Christmas. But I don’t know, if you still find fitting ones. It could be that they are already gone. But the minimum are five Christmas hats. Also you could look for red candles. The best would be little ones, so Chris cannot burn the house too easy.”

Lance nodded and wrote a little note for himself, while Chris protested.

JC looked skeptical at Chris and this one got quiet again. “Ok, Chris, you could buy some drinks, especially soft drinks, here I have a list of groceries I still need for the meals and maybe you find some perfume oil with Christmas smell or something.”

Chris took the list and started reading everything what stood on it.

“At last Joey, we need a Christmas tree. Please buy one. I want a big one which goes until the ceiling. That is going to be a wonderful Christmas, so please guys give your best that this is going to be perfect.”

We all nodded and stood up. JC was going back into the kitchen, while Justin jumped towards the decoration and started to hang some mistletoes.

Lance and Chris grabbed both their jackets and discussed which one was getting the only car, which stood in front of JC’s house. I took the keys and said “I have to buy a seven feet tall Christmas tree. I get the car!”

Both groaned. “Come on Joey. Drive us home and we can take our cars. I don’t want to walk through the coldness. It even started to snow!”

I agreed and after we said goodbye to the two lovebirds how we liked to call them, I went to JC’s car.

First I drove Lance to his place and then Chris. Now we all could attend our tasks.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story