Janette, Alannah and Savannah were on their way to Timbaland’s studio. On their way they all bought coffee and had to tell some people that they won’t sing today. They could have sang at the before noon, but they were way to excited to do that. On their way they talked about what they could sing and what they can expect.
“I know you guys will hate me for that statement, but I won’t be too enthusiastic. We don’t know him and we really don’t know if we can trust him.”
“Oh come on Timb. Don’t be a Grinch. It is Timbaland!”
“Yeah Timb, you should listen to JJ.”
Janette rolled her eyes. “Yeah and do you remember what happened to our idols *NSYNC? There it also was Lou Pearlman. There also nobody believed he could be such a dimwit.”
“Lou Pearlman was a different story.”
“Really? Ok, Kirky, tell me why.”
“Because he was white and creepy and looked ugly.”
“Seriously? Those are your arguments? Just his appearance?”
“And that he was creepy.”
“Don’t judge a book by its cover.”
Alannah and Savannah rolled their eyes. They knew Janette was right, but they really didn’t like when Janette got demanding.
“I never said that Timbaland is one of those guys. I just say we should be careful. That’s all.”
“Yeah, you are right Timb. We are going to be careful. This I promise you.
Janette giggled.
“And what are we going to sing?” Savannah looked at her friends.
“Something powerful and slow I would say… maybe Selfish?”
The other girls smirked about Alannah’s suggestion.
“Nah, I like that song but there are better ones to show your talent. We want to convince everybody from our voices.”
“Than JJ has to sing.”
“Me?”
“Yeah, your voice is the most powerful one.”
“Kirky is right, JJ. We should take something that fits perfectly to your voice so we can present Timbaland your voice.”
“That’s a stupid idea. We should take a song where everybody can show her voice.”
“Is there any fitting song?”
Janette thought about.
“What about I Drive Myself Crazy? Kirky sings the first part, I do the second and JJ the end.”
All girls agreed and arrived Timbaland’s studio with a good feeling next to their nervousness.
All three stood in the recording booth and sang as they decided I Drive Myself Crazy.
I lie awake
I drive myself crazy
I drive myself crazy, crazy, crazy...yeah
Drive myself crazy
Made a mistake
Let you go baby 
I drive myself crazy
Wanting you the way that I do
I drive myself crazy 
wanting you the way that I do
Timbaland stopped the recording. It was the fifth one of the day. He told them that they were good but had to get cleaner in their voices and so the girls tried everything to be satisfactory. The last time seemed to be a good one, because Timbaland wanted the girls to come out. Together they listened to their voices.
“I will import some instruments and let you hear it again. What do you think so far? Does it sounds good to you?”
“Actually… Kir… I mean Savannah didn’t hit all notes, Alannah is getting sloppy in her voice in the middle and I missed my part for a fourth second.”
Alannah giggled. Janette was always a perfectionist. That was good so they always could learn and get better, but on the other hand it could get exhausting, if it’s 11pm and Janette still wanted to practice, because it wasn’t perfect.
Timbaland looked amused about her statement.
“Perfectionist? I like that. You should listen to her. Anyways this sounds pretty good so we will use it. Did you like it to record a song? Did you have fun?”
All three girls nodded. Satisfied Timbaland leaned back into his chair.
“Nice. Then I will complete this demo tape and call you if I’m ready.”
The girls said goodbye and left Timbaland’s studio like they entered it… with a good feeling.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story