Author's Chapter Notes:
SORRY SORRY SORRY for the delay.....it wont happen again, enjoy!

Realzing that she now held her life in her hands, Reini slowly glanced up at the shiny gold lock on the bedroom door and then back at Justin. If she was going to do it, she needed to do it now while he was distracted. 

After seeing the look on Justin's face as he glanced down at the caller ID, she knew that he was going to take the call. She couldn't be sure if the call would be quick or not, but she knew there wasn't a moment of time to waste. This was it. 

As Justin stared out at the city from his bedroom window, Reini slowly reached her hand up and unlocked the door. After checking to make sure that he didn't hear anything, Reini shifted positions and opened the door just enough to slip out without being noticed. 

Once she was safely on the other side of the door, Reini placed her hand on the wall and forced herself to endure the pain that coursed through her body as she attempted to stand up. 

"I have to get out of here." she cried out, practically dragging herself down the hall towards the livingroom. "God, please help me." 

Hearing the soft cries come from down the hall, JC stood up and hesitantly walked towards the hall. 

"Ah Jesus Christ." 

Seeing the sight before him, JC felt almost compelled to help her. Clearly she was in need of help. 

Unfortunately for her, JC never got the chance. It only took Justin a few seconds to realize that she was gone and she could hear the heavy footsteps as he ran towards the door. 

"You little fuckin BITCH!" 

Seeing his best friend come flying out of his room, JC knew that the apartment was the last place he wanted to be and quickly turned back around. It was bad enough to see her in the condition she was in now and he knew he couldn't stomach anymore. He had to get out of there. 

Quickly pulling his keys from his pocket, JC headed for the front door and never looked back. 

"Going somewhere?!" Justin yelled, forcefully grabbing her by the back of her hair as she struggled to get away. "You know, I would have thought that at some point your common sense would have kicked in and told that you're going about this all the wrong way Ray, but clearly that is not the case. How fucking dumb are you?!" 

"Justin please don't!" Reini begged, quickly reaching behind her to try and alleviate some of the pain. 

"You don't call the shots around here Ray, I do, and right now I think it's time that we get a few things straight between us." 

Fearing exactly what he meant by his statement, Reini began to cry uncontrollably as he led her back up the hall and through the living room. 

"Come on Ray. Let's get a look at the big picture, shall we." he growled, practically lifting her feet off the floor as he pushed her in to the dining room. 

After whipping a chair from it's position at the table, Justin slammed it down on the other side of the kitchen counter and forced her in to it. 

"You know how many girls would kill to be in your position Ray?!" he said, shuffling through a stack of mail on the counter. "I mean, just look around. New York's Penthouse Princes, America's Most Wanted Bachelor, Timberlake Triumphs Again!" he yelled, firing the various magazines and tabloids at her. "I'm a fuckin God around here!" 

As Reini tried to shield herself from flying periodicals, Justin's breathing became more of a raspy growl. Knowing it was in her best interest to just keep her mouth shut, Reini glanced down at the mess laying at her feet and hoped that by some miracle that things weren't going to get as carried away as she feared. 

"I mean, Christ Ray! If you like praying so much, get down on your knees and pray to someone who is fuckin worthy of it!" he yelled, quickly sprinting back around the counter to kick her chair over. 

As Reini fell backwards on to the hardwood floor, she knew that she was in trouble. Clearly Justin was on power trip and there wasn't anything she could say or do to stop it. 

"Come on Ray! Lay it on me! Let me hear those saintly words of wisdom." 

Turning slightly on her side, Reini glanced up at him and knew without a doubt that she was going down. Now there was only one question that remained. Was she going down with or without a fight? 

"Justin please." 

"Pleading isn't going to do a damn thing for you this time Ray." he replied, reaching down to move the chair out of his path. 

Taking the distraction as her cue, Reini quickly scrambled up to her feet and ran as fast as she could across the room. 

"Justin, please. You don't need to do this!" 

"You know what, that's all I keep hearing out of your fuckin mouth Ray! 'Justin please!' 'Don't do this!' 'I'm sorry!' You're pathetic. Absolutely pathetic!" he growled, desperately trying to figure out where she was going to run next. "Come on Ray. Let's just do this and get it over with." he continued, an eery sense of calmness suddenly taking over his voice as he stood straight up. 

Watching as he matched her every movement, Reini knew she had nowhere to go. Every escape that stood before her would be blocked in a matter of seconds. 

Feeling her heart race with a sense of panic that she had never felt before, Reini saw the reflection of the terrace behind her in the mirror and took a deep breath. Granted it wasn't an ideal escape, but at least it would open up access to other areas of his apartment where she could figure something out. 

Sensing that she was up to something, Justin tried to gauge what she was looking at. Once he put two and two together, he quickly leapt in to action. 

Seeing him come directly at her, Reini turned sharply on her heels and ran out on to the terrace. Unfortunately before either one of them could get their bearings as they skidded on to the slick stone surface, Justin slammed in to Reini knocking her back against the railing. 

"JUSTIN DON'T!" Reini screamed out, fear consuming every ounce of her body as her feet slowly started to brake contact with the floor. 

"WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW RAY?! ARE YOU THINKING NOW THAT MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE QUIT WHEN YOU HAD THE CHANCE?" he growled, bending her 
further back over the rail. 

"OH MY GOD! JUSTIN PLEASE DON'T! PLEASE!" 

"It's too late Ray. We're here now. There's no turning back." 

Clutching on to his shirt for dear life, Reini struggled to get her feet back on solid ground. Unfortunately the more she struggled, the harder Justin pushed her backwards. 

"I really hope you do believe in God baby, because right now, he is the only one that can save you." he laughed and with one final push had her teetering precariously over the edge of the building. 

"JUSTIN!" 

Suddenly hearing the sound of the front door opening, Justin looked over his shoulder and saw his best friend walking back in to the apartment and froze in place. 

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" JC yelled, quickly heading across the living room. 

Realizing that JC had come back, Reini began to frantically kick and scream for help. She knew he was her only hope and had to make sure he knew what was going on. As much as he loved to torment her, she was sure that even he would think that Justin had taken things way too far. 

"JC! HELP ME!" 

Feeling Reini struggle beneath his grasp, Justin quickly turned his attention back to her. Unfortunately before he realized what was happening, Reini's frantic struggle for help forced her weight to shift and she started to slide over the edge. 

"JUSTIN! NO!" 

"FUCK! REINI!" 

Seeing Justin lose his grasp on Reini, JC lept over the table and ran on to the terrace. He just couldn't believe his eyes. 

"HOLD ON RAY!" Justin screamed, his face distorted with pain as he braced himself against the rail with one hand and held on to Reini's wrist with the other. "JACE HELP ME! SHE'S SLIPPING!" 

Quickly bending over the rail, JC reached down and tried desperately to grab a hold of Reini's other hand. 

"RAY, GIVE ME YOU HAND!" 

"I CAN'T REACH IT!" she cried out, her fingers extended upward hoping to make contact with JC's hand. 

"YES YOU CAN DAMN IT! REACH!" JC yelled, watching as her long brown hair whipped around in front of her tear stained face. 

"I'M GOING TO LOSE HER!" Justin yelled, his own body now bent over the rail as the force of gravity continued to pull her downward. 

"JUSTIN PLEASE DON'T LET ME GO!" she pleaded

"We're mot going to let you go Ray! Now, reach for my hand! COME ON! You can do it!" JC tried to sound calm for himself as much as her. 

Knowing that they only had a matter of seconds until they both went over the edge, Justin took a deep breath and fought to arch his body backwards in an attempt to bring her closer to JC's reach. 

"That's it. I almost got her! Come on!" 

Letting out a loud grunt, Justin used all the strength he could manage and jerked himself backwards. As he did, JC finally grabbed a hold of her wrist and began pulling her up. 

"We got you. Come on." 

As Justin and JC continued to pull her back up, she managed to get enough footage on the side of the building and one more quick pull was all it took bring her back to safety. 

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!" JC yelled, watching Justin quickly scramble over to Reini as she sat on the floor of the terrace. 

Ignoring his question, Justin wrapped his arms around Reini's trembling body and pulled her tightly against him. 

"I'm so sorry baby. I don't know what the hell I would have done if anything happened to you." he sobbed, rocking her softly as she cried in to his chest. 

"JUSTIN?! WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?!" 

When JC still didn't get an answer, he threw his hands up in defeat and stormed back in to the apartment to try and pull himself together. The fact that he almost witnessed a death first hand quickly taking it's toll on his already frazzled emotional state. 

"I need a god damn drink!" he groaned and after a quick glance in their direction headed over to the bar. 

"Are you alright?" Justin asked, slowly bringing Reini's tear filled gaze up to meet his. 

Still trembling, Reini just stared at him with widened eyes. Her mouth opened slightly when she tried to speak, but it quickly closed when she realized she didn't know what to say. How could he even ask her if she was alright after what he had just done. 

"Ray, please talk to me." Justin pleaded, his eyes quickly scanning her face for any sign of emotion. "I said I was sorry. It was an accident." 

Letting out a slight laugh, Reini slipped from his hold and stared at him. 

"Is that supposed to be funny?!" 

"Is what supposed to be funny?" he asked, completely confused by her comment. 

"I accidentally kick you and for payback, I'm supposed to believe that you accidentally knocked me over the terrace?!" 

"It was an accident Ray! I can't believe you would think I could do something like that on purpose!" 

"I don't believe you! I mean...I'm just....." she began to say, but quickly found herself tripping over her words. "I can't do this Justin. I'm sorry." 

And without so much as even looking back at him, Reini pushed herself to her feet and headed back in to the apartment. 

"Where are you going?" 

"I'm leaving. I can't do this Justin. I can't live my life like this." 

"I said I was sorry Ray!" 

"Yeah, but you and I both know that you aren't." she said, wiping the tears from her eyes as she headed towards Justin's bedroom. "That's the problem." 

Letting out a heavy sigh, Justin headed down the hall after her, only stopping briefly to address his best friend who was watching everything unfold from the other side of the bar. 

"Don't even say it man. Just go about your business." 

"Trust me man. Whatever you got going on, I don't want any part of." JC exclaimed, pointing his finger in Justin's direction. 

Shaking his head with disgust, Justin continued down the hall in search of Reini. Once he walked in to his bedroom, he saw her gathering her stuff from his dresser and laughed. 

"Where are you going?" 

"I already told you. I can't do this. I'm leaving." 

"I heard that part Ray, but why are you taking you're stuff?" 

"I'm not leaving for the night Justin. I'm leaving....for good. As in the 'it's over between us' type of leaving." she replied, throwing her purse over her shoulder. 

"So that's it?! You're just going to toss everything we had away because of one mistake?" 

"It wasn't just one mistake Justin!" 

"You mean on your part, right baby?" 

Glaring at him from across the room, Reini felt her blood begin to boil. She just couldn't believe the nerve he had trying to make it seem like this was all her fault. Especially when he was the one who almost took her life! 

"No, I don't mean on my part!" 

"You know what, I said it was an accident Ray. If you even cared half as much about me as you claim to, you would know that." he replied, an arrogant tone dancing heavily across his words as he deliberately turned the tables on her. "But hey, if you want to leave, go ahead and leave. I'm sure you're just dying to get back to Channing anyway." 

"How dare you!" 

"How dare I? How dare you Ray!" 

"It's Reini Justin! Not Ray....not baby...or sweetheart...Reini! Think you can get that straight?! My name is Reini!" 

Unsure of how to respond to her outburst, Justin stood in the doorway with his arms folded across his chest in front of him and just stared her down. The brashness of her comment cutting away at the last bit of patience he was holding on to. 

"Fine....REINI. I'm sorry things didn't work out the way you wanted them to. Guess I just couldn't compare to your little live in poster boy. Hope you two have a nice life together." 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin