Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks so so much for the reviews guys! They touch me in the place where my feelings live. HAHAHA No seriously though, I really love them! As far as anyone hoping Justin is gonna catch a sudden case of concience...............yeah, no. LOL! We all know that its gotta get so much worse before it gets any better. He wouldnt be very fun if he got all nice all of a sudden ;) Anyhoo, thanks again for the reviews, please keep 'em comin. Enjoy the new chapter!

After several minutes of near silence between the two, an all too familiar sound began to echo through the car and Reini cringed.  Quickly reaching in her purse, Reini hoped that she could avert the call directly to her voicemail but Justin intercepted her the second she pulled it out.

"Who is it?  Is it Channing?"  he asked, reaching for the phone.

"I'm just sending it to voicemail.  I'm not going to answer it."

"You're damn right your not.  Give it to me."

"Justin....."

"Give me the fuckin phone Ray!"

Letting out a heavy sigh, Reini sat there not wanting to cause any more problems, but not wanting to hand the phone over either.

"You know what, I said give me the fuckin phone!"  Justin yelled, screeching the car to a stop at the redlight as he reached over.  "All you had to do was give me the phone Ray! Now you're going to need a new one!"  he continued, jumping out of the car and launching it sideways across the street.

After he watched the phone shatter on the road a few feet away from him, Justin paced back and forth for a few seconds before finally getting back inside his car.

"Justin I'm......"

"I don't want to hear it Ray."  he yelled, collapsing down in to his seat and slamming the door.  "There isn't a damn thing that you could say that would benefit you right now."

Knowing that her only option at this point was to sit there quietly, that's exactly what Reini did.  Unfortunately the longer Justin was left to his own thoughts, the more erratic his driving became.  Something that she was finding it very hard to remain tight lipped about.

"God damn it!  What the fuck is wrong with people tonight?!"  Justin yelled, once again swerving in to oncoming traffic to avoid the slower moving cars in the right hand lane.

"Justin, please slow down.  You're starting to scare me."  Reini begged, her voice cracking slightly as she clutched tightly to her seat.

Turning to face her, Justin let out a sinister laugh.

"I thought I had you past that, but if I'm just 'starting' to scare you Ray, then clearly I've been going about things all wrong."  he said, not once breaking eye contact with her. 

"Justin please!"

After shifting gears once again, Justin finally brought his focus back to the road in front of his and saw that the traffic light a few feet in front of him had just turned red.  Knowing that the cross traffic was going to be in the intersection in a matter of seconds, Justin forcefully slammed on the brakes.

As he did, the momentum forced Reini forward and she screamed out.  Then as she braced herself for the crash she was certain was about to occur, Justin's BMW came to a screeching halt just short of the intersection and she was quickly snapped backwards against the seat. 

Now clutching on to the seat for dear life, Reini sat there and tried to calm her shattered nerves as Justin looked on with amusement.  

"You feel that Ray?  The pounding of your heart inside your chest.  That uneasy feeling in the pit of your stomach?  That fear?"  he said turning to face her, his eye cold as ice as he glared at her.  "That's nothing compared to what you'll feel the next time you fuck with me. You understand me?"

Unable to speak from the fear still coursing through her body, Reini quickly nodded her head and the tears instantly began to form in her eyes.

"I didn't think it was possible for you to look any more beautiful Ray, but you know what."  he said, grabbing her chin to turn her towards him.  "You're even prettier when you cry."  he continued softly, pulling her face towards his so that he could kiss away the single tear that managed to find it's way down her cheek. 

After softly placing another kiss on her lips, Justin adjusted his position in his seat and shifted back down to first gear. As he did, Reini glanced over at him and literally felt every ounce of self worth slip from her grasp.  Because if it wasn't obvious before, it certainly was now.  She belonged to him....body and soul.

Once the light turned green, Justin slowly pulled out and continued to head back home.  Both of them knowing that the night was far from over.

Finally after another fifteen or so minutes of uneventful driving, Justin pulled in to the first open space he saw out front of his building and put his car in park.  After turning off the ignition, Justin slowly turned towards Reini.

"Are you going to continue to pout all night?"

"I'm not pouting."  she replied, tucking a small piece of her still damp hair behind her ear.

"Well then what would you call it Ray?  I mean, you've been sitting there for the last fifteen minutes looking at me like I stole the last damn oreo."

"I don't know what you want from me Justin.  I try to do what you want, I try to be who you want me to be, but it just never seems like enough."

"Maybe because deep down you're really not willing to do what I want....what I expect."  Justin said, removing the keys from the ignition.  "I mean, this thing earlier with that fuckin bitch boy.  What the hell was that Ray?!  Do you think that it's acceptable for him to be parading in and out of your bedroom?  Do you think it's acceptable to be living with another guy while you are seeing someone else?"

"But it's not like that.  You're making it in to way more than it is.  I've known Channing for years.  He's my best friend."

"Yeah, I'm sure that's what he wants you to believe."  Justin said, letting out a slight snicker.  "Do you really think that he hasn't thought about you in that way?  I mean really Ray?  Are you that naive?"

"What do you want me to say?"  Reini asked before stepping out of the car.  "Because I'm sure whatever I say will be the wrong thing."  

"You know what, I'm beginning to think you're right.  Maybe you should just keep your mouth shut."

After hearing the anger once again return to Justin's voice, Reini just hung her head in defeat and waited for Justin to reach her side of the car.  She knew when they left her apartment that the night was far from over, but she also held out some hope that he would at least let things quiet down some.  Unfortunately, that just didn't seem like the case.

Once Justin made his way over to where Reini was standing, he grabbed her bag and engaged the security system on his car.

"Let's go."  he said, grabbing a hold of her hand and practically dragging her towards the double set of doors that led inside the building.  "This night has dragged on long enough."

As Reini felt herself being quickly pulled through the lobby, the sudden realization hit her that she would have to see JC.  The thought alone shook her to her core and without even realizing it, she slowly began resisting his efforts to get her on the elevator.

"What the fuck are you doing?"  he asked, looking over his shoulder at her as the elevator doors opened.

"Justin....it's just that....earlier at your party..."

"Earlier at my party what?"

Feeling like she was going to be sick, Reini took a few deep breaths and reluctantly allowed him to push her in to the elevator.  She knew that she needed to tell him what JC had done to her earlier, but she also couldn't help but worry that he wouldn't believe a word out of her mouth and that it would only make things worse.

"I'm waiting."  Justin growled, hitting the button that took them to the penthouse as he turned to face her.

"Promise me that you're not going to get mad first."

Giving her a look of complete disbelief, shoved his keys in to his pocket and studied her with an intensity that literally sent chills down her spine.

"I'm not promising anything Ray.  Let's go.  I want to hear what you have to say."

"Justin...."

"Now Ray!"

As her breathing quickly caught up to her rapid heartbeat, the elevator finally came to a stop.  Hoping she could avoid the conversation altogether, Reini quickly tried to head through the doors the second they opened.  Unfortunately, Justin picked up on her plan and grabbed her by the arm before she could even take a step.

"Uh uh.  We're not going in there until you finish your little confession." he said, slamming his fist on the emergency stop button.

"It's not a confession Justin." she yelled over the alarm

"Then what is it Ray?  I mean, all of a sudden you go and get all crazy on me and then start to tell me something, but ask me not to get mad?!  Earlier at my party...what?!"

"JC."

"What about him Ray?!"

Hearing the alarm go off on the elevator from inside the penthouse, JC got up from his position of the sofa and headed over to the front door.  After unlocking it, JC pulled the door open and saw his best friend and Reini just standing there.

"What the hell are you doing man?"

"Should I just ask him Ray?!  I mean, since he's here now anyway."

"Ask me what?"

"Apparently Ray has an issue with you and something that happened ealier at the party.  I'm just trying to find out what the fuck it is!"  he yelled, pushing Reini out of the elevator so that he could turn off the emergency stop. "You want to fill me in?!"

"Me?!"

"Yeah.  You."

Looking over at Reini, JC saw the look of fear on her face and realized exactly where she had planned on taking this conversation with him.  This was about him making advances toward her.  This was her throwing him to the dogs.  Luckily though, he knew exactly how to divert the attention away from her real issue to something else.

"I don't know.  I mean, I'm sure she's still not too thrilled about the little apology you had her give me.  Maybe she's still sulking.  Maybe she still has issues with that."  he said, turning his attention towards Reini.

"Is that what this is all about?!  That I made you fuckin apologize to him?!"

Looking over at JC as he stood a few feet behind Justin, Reini saw him glare at her with such contempt that she knew there was only one thing to do.

Looking down at the floor, Reini knew that she couldn't tell Justin the truth.  Especially with JC standing right there.  Because even if he did believe her that he made advances on her, JC would just flip it around to make her look bad anyway.  It was a no win situation for her either way. 

"WELL?!"

Nodding her head 'yes', Reini felt the tears build up and knew what was coming.

"Get the fuck in there!"  Justin yelled, shoving her towards the apartment so hard that she practically tripped over her own feet.  "I can't believe you're giving me shit about an apology you know damn well you owed him!  What the fuck is your problem?!"

Knowing there wasn't anything she could say or do about the situation right now, Reini kept from making eye contact with either of them as they headed in after her.

After tossing her bag down on the floor, Justin looked over at JC and then turned his attention back to Reini.

"You know, if you want to talk about having issues with someone.  Let's go talk about my issues...shall we."  he growled, forcefully grabbing her by the back of her hair as she cried out.  "Offer JC his apology right now for keeping him up."

"What?"  Reini asked, tears building in her eyes once again and the pain continued to increase from his hold on her.

"Tell him your sorry.  Tell him your sorry that you're crying and screaming is probably going to keep him up tonight!" he yelled, tightening his grip on her even more.

"Justin...."

"TELL HIM RAY!"

"I'm sorry JC." she cried out, reaching behind her to try and relieve some pressure.

"You have any issues with that apology?!"  

"No." she softly replied.

"That's what I thought." he growled, practically lifting her feet from the floor as he forced her down the hall and up the stairs towards his bedroom.  "You just had to find a way to make this night worse than it already was, didn't you?!"

"Justin I'm sorry."

"You're not sorry Ray.  I don't even think you understand the meaning of the word...but you will."  he said, shoving her in to his room and slamming the door behind him.

As she stumbled over to his bed, Justin could feel the rage slowly building within.

"Alright, now since you like to bring up issues you have, let's discuss one of mine."

Looking up at him cautiously, Reini wiped her eyes and slowly sat down on the bed.

"This thing with Channing.  You know, it's still not sitting right with me Ray.  I mean, I'm just not buying the fact that you live with the guy and nothing is going on."  he said, tossing his keys over to his dresser.

"Justin I told you we're just friends."

"Yeah again, I'm not buying it.  The fuckin guy parades in and out of your bedroom like it's an everyday thing!"

"Obviously there isn't anything I can say to convince you that nothing is going on.  I mean, you're going to believe what you want, right?  Who cares what I say or what I tell you!  Clearly my word doesn't mean shit!"  she yelled, frustration quickly getting the best of her.

"You know what, I've about had it with your mouth tonight!"  Justin yelled, quickly making his way over to the bed.  "You raise your voice to me like that again and I'll knock every one of your teeth down your god damn throat!  You got me?!" he continued, pulling her to her feet as he swung her around.

Closing her eyes to avoid the look of rage that she knew was dancing in his eyes, Reini simply nodded her head as fast as she could and prayed that he would just let her go.  Unfortunately, it was only a matter of seconds until she realized that it had been wishful thinking on her part.

"You better fuckin look at me when I talk to you Ray!"  Justin yelled, slamming her up against the wall and knocking the wind from her lungs.  "It was simply a matter of circumstance that kept me from kicking your ass earlier when you did it, but now...in my house...I won't stand for it.  I'll fuck you up and not so much as blink an eye!  You understand me?!"  he yelled, pulling her away from the wall only to slam her back up against it.

With tears now blazing trails down her cheeks, Reini struggled to answer him.  Her heart racing in her chest.  Her body trembling in his grasp.  She didn't want to go down this road with Justin again.

"I understand you."  she sobbed.

"You damn well better!"

Chapter End Notes:
Hey does anyone know a story from the old NF site called Hidden Angel? I really liked it, and its not on the new site. I cant find it :(


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin