As Channing sat the phone back down, a satisifed smile crept across his face.  He knew that he had pressed every last one of Justin's buttons and that more than likely he would end up hanging himself in front of Ray once he got to the apartment.  Something he took great enjoyment in.  After all, he knew how Reini felt about the guy and that she would only defend him if he tried to speak up.  This way, he would be there for a shoulder to cry on instead of the other way around.

"Hey, did I just hear you on the phone?"  Reini asked, walking out of the bathroom.

After doing some quick thinking, Channing turned back around to face her and shook his head.

"No, it was probably just the TV.  I was switching through a few channels." he replied, trying his best to keep a straight face.  "You look refreshed."

"Well, I can't say I feel completely better, but it helped some."

"You want to talk about it yet?"  Channing asked, laying the remote down on the coffee table before turning to face her.

"Not really.  There isn't much to say."  she said, running the towel through her hair in an attempt to dry it.  "Besides, it's nothing you need to concern yourself with."

Studying the troubled look on Reini's face, Channing gave her a quick once over and then tapped the space next to him on the couch.

"What?"

"Come here."

"I can't.  I have to call Justin.  He is probably wondering where I went. I didn't even say goodbye Channing."

"Who cares if he is wondering where you went.  You don't have to report to him Ray.  If you want to leave, then you leave.  You don't need to clear it with him first or explain yourself after."

Now giving him a once over, Reini threw the towel over her shoulder and stared blankly at him.

"Where did all that come from?"

"Where did what come from?"

"That attack on Justin?  Did something happen between you two earlier at his place?"

"Believe me, that was no attack. Besides, it's nothing you need to concern yourself with."

Placing both hands on her hips, Reini stood there and gave Channing a look of disapproval.  Clearly something did happen between the two of them and she wanted to know exactly what it was.

"You're not funny Channing!"

"I'm not trying to be.  Come on Ray.  You get what you give, right?  Isn't that how we do things?  You want answers, you give answers."

"Channing."

"What?!  Something happened tonight and I want to know what.  Why are you trying to hide stuff from me Ray?"  Channing asked, as he got up from the couch and over to where she was standing.  "This isnt like you."

"Look, just forget it."

"No, I'm not going to just forget about it.  Talk to me damn it!"  Channing yelled, grabbing her by her shoulders to force her gaze to his.

Feeling the tears begin to well up in her eyes, Reini looked away from him and prayed that he would just drop the subject.  She didn't want to get it to this right now.  She couldn't get in to this.  It was her problem and she would handle it.  The last thing she needed now was for him to get involved in the mess.

"Look, I'm sorry.  I'm not trying to upset you more than you already are, but I know you're not telling me everything."

"Channing, I......"

Then before she could even finish the sentence, there was a knock at the door.

Knowing who was likely on the other side, Channing quickly tried to get her to leave the room. 

"I'll get the door.  You go and clean yourself up."  Channing replied, brushing a tear away from her cheek.  "We'll talk about this later."

Wiping the rest of her tears away, Reini slowly headed back to the bathroom and closed the door as another knock echoed through the apartment.

After glancing over his shoulder to make sure she was out of sight, Channing adjusted his shirt and opened the door.

"Well, well, well.  What a pleasant surprise!  What brings you here Justin?"  Channing asked, a chesire smile plastered across his face.

"Cut the bullshit Channing.  Where is she?"  Justin asked, looking over Channing shoulder in to the apartment.

"Sleeping.  Didn't I tell you we were going to bed?"

"You know what......"  Justin growled, shoving his keys in his pocket. "I'm done playing these game with you.  MOVE!"

Placing his hands firmly on Channing's chest, Justin shoved him backwards and forced his way inside.  He didn't drive all this way just to have some pretty boy think he was running the show.  He was there for a reason and nothing Channing could say or do was going to stop him.

"Ray?"

"What hell do you think you are doing?!"  Channing asked, grabbing Justin by his arm.  "No one invited your ass in."

Unable to control himself any longer, Justin made quick work of removing himself from Channing's grasp and after grabbing him by the front of his shirt, forcefully shoved him against the wall.

"DON'T TEST ME MOTHER FUCKER!  YOU'LL LOSE EVERY TIME!"  Justin yelled, quickly letting him go once he heard the bathroom door open.

"Justin?  What are you doing here?  I was just about to call you."

"Imagine that!"  Justin said sarcastically, as he headed over to Reini. "You mean lover boy here didn't tell you that I called and was on my way over?"

Slightly taken back by his comment, Reini looked over at Channing with a look of confusion.  If Justin had called, why didn't he tell her.

"Channing?"  

"What?!  You think I'm lying?"  Justin asked, almost daring her to give the wrong answer. "I called about ten minutes ago, but that fucker refused to put you on the phone!"

"Did Justin call here?"

"Oh....yeah.  I guess it slipped my mind."  Channing replied, adjusting his shirt.

After standing there watching the two exchange threatening looks, Reini turned to face Channing once again.

"So, you were on the phone.   I asked you if you were on the phone and you said no.  Why did you lie to me?"

Before Channing even got a chance to answer the question, Justin let a small smile ease across his lips and helped fuel Reini's anger toward her best friend.  This was just going to be way too easy.

"Probably because he didn't want you finding out about the shit he pulled back my place."  Justin chimed in.  "The threats he felt so confident issuing to me."

In shock, Channing stood there and watched Justin twist everything around to his advantage.  It was almost an exact account of what happened, but with the role reversed.

"Hold up!  That's not what happened and you know it?!" 

"It's not?!"  Justin asked, quickly trying to play the role of victim.

Letting out a slight chuckle of disbelief,  Channing turned to face Reini who stood there with a complete look of shock.

"Did you threaten him?

"JESUS CHRIST!  AM I NOT HERE RAY?!  ISN'T THAT WHAT I JUST SAID?!"  Justin yelled, catching them both by surprise.

"I was just asking him Justin.  I wasn't implying that you were lying or....."

"Yeah well you better not be implying that or anything else!"  Justin yelled, taking a few steps closer to Reini.

"I'm not."

"You know, if I'm not mistaken, it was you that was doing most of the threatening.  You know, right before landing that right hook."

Feeling her heart begin to race with the night's turn of events, Reini glanced over to Channing and then back to Justin.

"You hit him?"

After giving her nothing more than a slight smile and nod of his head for a response, Justin glanced down at his watch and then back to Reini.

"Come on, let's go.  It's getting late."

"Late for what?  Where are we going?"

"I'm taking you back to my place.  You really don't think I'm going to let you stay here with him do you?"

"Stay here with him?  Him?"

"Yeah that little cocksucker over there."  Justin growled, pointing his finger in Channing's direction. 

"So what?  Because you two can't seem to get along I have to pick sides?"

"There is no picking of sides Ray.  Grab your stuff and get ready.  We're leaving."

"I don't think so.  Ray is staying here.  There's a reason she left your place.  Did you ever think of that?"

"You know what, if you want to keep that so called career of yours intact, I advise you turn and walk away right now."

"Is that a threat?"

"Feel free to hang around and find out."  Justin said, an arrogant smile stretched across his face.  "But you might want to make a mental note since we're on the subject anyway that I don't make threats.  I just speak the facts."

"GOD!  JUST STOP!  THIS IS INSANE!"

As both men turned in her direction, the reality of the decision she faced hit her full force.  She had to make a choice between the two most important men in her life and there was no easy way out.  

It was true that she had left Justin's house for a reason, but that reason didn't have anything to do with him.  Had he simply came to her house and asked her to come back to his place, chances are that she would have went without giving it much thought.  Unfortunately, given the new information about Justin's encounter with Channing on the roof, she couldn't help but worry that it was just the tip of what the night could still hold.

"What are you waiting for?  Grab your stuff."

After momentarily glancing over at the look of sheer disbelief on Channing's face, Reini let out a long sigh.  Deep down she knew she would rather spend the night in her own place, but given Justin's fondness for getting revenge on those who he felt crossed the line, she knew she had no choice but to go home with him.  At least then she wouldn't have to worry about the damage Justin could do to his career.

"I'll be right back."

"Ray!"

Standing there with a smug grin on his face, Justin pushed his way past Channing and collasped down on to the sofa as if he owned the place.

"Don't feel bad Channing.  Everyone loses to me at one point or another.  And I do mean EVERYONE."  Justin said, glancing towards Reini's bedroom door as he adjusted himself.

"Yeah well, we'll just see about that."  Channing snapped back, as he turned to head in to Reini's bedroom.  "You may have her fooled with your Oscar worthy performances, but I see right through you."

As Justin turned to look over his shoulder, he saw Channing disappear in to Ray's room and immeadiately jumped to his feet.  It was one thing to allow him to speak his mind in front of him, but to fill Reini's mind with ideas behind his back...that wasn't going to happen.

"Do you mind telling me why this joker feels he can just walk in and out of your bedroom without so much as knocking?"  Justin asked as joined the two of them in the room.

"Justin...."

"No, I'm serious.  Where the hell do you get off man?!"

"You know what, you better just back the fuck up.  I don't know where the hell you think you are or who you are talking to, but I'm not going to stand for that shit in my own house."

"God!  Will you two just stop!" Reini yelled, pushing one of her dresser drawers shut. "Justin can you please just go wait in the livingroom.  I'll be out in like five minutes."

Smiling, Justin stood there for a few minutes longer and watched Channing's body language as he sat on the edge of her bed.  Clearly he was trying to get under his skin.

"Why do you want me to leave Ray?  You need to say goodbye to your lover in private?"

"Justin don't"

"No, I'm serious.  This fuckin clown is in here sitting on your bed and you are asking me to leave.  What the hell is wrong with that picture Ray?!"

"Nothing is wrong with it.  He lives here Justin and we're not doing anything wrong."

"Yeah maybe not right now with me standing here, but how do I know what the hell you do when I'm not around.  Maybe you are fucking him!  I mean, come on!  You don't think he wants to hit with you?"

"Justin!  Stop it!"

"NO!  ASK HIM RAY!"

"No!"

"Come on Channing.  Be honest with her.  With yourself.  I mean, you're sitting there with that high and mighty look on your face trying to act all innocent, but you want to fuck her...if you haven't already.  I know it.  I can see it on your face."  Justin said, eyeing Channing up and down as he leaned back against the wall.  "The only thing I can't be quite sure of yet, is how far you'll go to try and make it happen."  

"Didn't she mention something about you waiting in the livingroom?"  Channing asked as he scooted himself back against the headboard of her bed.  "Because I could have swore she asked you to leave."

Letting out a slight chuckle, Justin stood there and watched Channing's facial expression change right before his eyes.  He knew without a doubt that his suspicions were right as far as his feelings for Ray were concerned, but putting it all out there in the open in front of Ray clearly made him uncomfortable.

"Come on Ray.  We're not going on vacation.  Whatever you have packed is good enough.  Let's go."

"Look, I'll see you when I get back home Channing.  Thanks for everything."  she said, tossing the bag over her shoulder and joining Justin's side.

"Yeah, we need to have a little talk about 'home' Ray, because this set up you have right now really doesn't work for me."  he said, grabbing her by the back of her arm as he led her towards the front door.

"Call me if you need anything Ray.  I mean it.  Anytime."

"Thanks Chan."

Biting his lip so that he wouldn't delay their exit any longer, Justin squeezed Reini's arm a little tighter and quickly headed out the door.  Once they made it down to Justin's car, he forcefully removed her bag from her shoulder and threw it in the back seat as a physical display of how displeased he really was.

"Get in the car Ray."

With the tone of his voice now echoing in her mind, Reini slowly lowered herself in to Justin's BMW and felt her heart beat quicken.

"Buckle up baby.  It's going to be a bumpy ride home."  he said, slamming her door closed.

As Reini fastened her seat belt, Justin quickly made his way around to the drivers side and opened the door.  After lowering himself down in to his seat, Justin turned to face her with a look of disgust plastered across his face.

"Did you enjoy yourself up there Reini? Huh? Watching Channing disrespect me like that?"  he asked, putting his keys in the ignition and starting his car up.

Afraid to even speak, Reini shook her head 'no' and proceeded to direct her attention out the passenger side window.  The last thing she wanted to do was keep this tension between them building. She figured that if she cut off every attempt he made at continuing the topic that everything would die down and be left alone.  Unfortunately that thought quickly slipped away when she felt Justin forcefully grab her by the back of her hair. 

"As if it wasn't bad enough that he disrespected me, but now you are going to do it too?!"  he yelled, forcefully bringing her gaze to his.  "What the fuck are thinking Ray?!  Have you learned nothing?!"

"Justin, I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what Ray?  Sorry for blantly being disrespectful or sorry that I'm not going to stand for it?!"

As Reini winced in pain from the force he was using to keep her turned in his direction, Justin took a few slow deep breaths to try and calm himself down some.  When he finally felt he had things under control, he slowly released his grip on her and shoved her back over to her side of the car.

"I'm sorry Justin.  I know Channing should have told me that you called and I know he only added fuel to an already tense situation but what did you want me to do.  It's his house too." 

"You're on really thin ice Ray.  Be very careful where you walk tonight."

"I was just saying...."

"And so was I."  Justin quickly chimed in as he pulled back out on to the road.

Knowing that this conversation wasn't likely to get any better, Reini let out a soft sigh and once again glanced out the passenger side window.

Chapter End Notes:
 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin