"Are you almost ready Channing?" Reini yelled from her bedroom, placing the last of her make-up back in to her purse.

"I'm as ready as I'm ever going to be."

"Hey, you're the one who agreed to go to this party. I'm not forcing you."

"I didn't say you were. Besides, I just might have a good time rubbing elbows with those high society types."

"Yeah.........right." she said, dragging out the word right. "And I might even enjoy eating your pasta. Is that what you call it?" she said, tapping her finger to her temple.

"Ouch! That's hitting below the belt Ray." he laughed.

"Oh you know I'm just playing. I mean, I'm sure there are people in some third world country that would eat it."

Glancing down, Channing looked up at Reini with a sinister look in his eyes. This is the girl he couldn't live without. The playful spirit that made his life worth living.

"I really am glad that you're coming with me tonight Channing."

"I'm glad too. Just promise me you won't leave me to fend for myself for too long. I don't want to end up discussing the latest stock portfolios and interest rate for fun."

"I promise. Girl Scouts honor" she laughed whole heartedly, as she raised her right hand.

"You were never a girl scout Ray."

"Ok, Scrappy's honor." she said, quickly throwing up a peace sign as the biggest smile lit up her face.

Rolling his eyes at her, Channing grabbed his keys and wallet from the coffee table and wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"Alright, you ready to do this?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." she replied, knowing that her comment meant way more to her than he would ever perceive it to be.

Once they got down to Channing's car, he opened the door for her and allowed her to slip inside. After offering her a smile and a playful wink, he shut her door and headed back over to the driver's side to get in.

As he started the ignition he glanced over at her and saw that she was nervously playing with her Chloe purse as it sat in her lap. Normally, that sort of behavior was reseved for a highly sought after audition or casting call, but seeing it in all it's glory right before a trip to her boyfriends house for a party....yeah. That was a total red flag.

"Ray."

Almost as if she was in a trance, Reini continued to stare off in to space as her fingers meticulously ran up and down the shiny silver buckle. Her mind racing with the thoughts of what would or could happen at the party tonight.

Again Channing called out to her, this time a little louder making sure that she heard him.

"REINI!"

Quickly blinking her eyes, Reini diverted her glare from her lap and over to the worried eyes of her best friend as he stared at her with concern.

"I'm sorry Channing. Did you say something?"

Giving her a puzzled look, Channing shifted slightly in his seat so that he could face her directly and began to stare at her intensely. Something wasn't right. He could feel it. He saw it in her eyes when he shut the door.

"What's wrong?"
"Nothing's wrong." she quickly replied, trying her best to let out a slight chuckle at the end to alleviate some of the tension that was clearly building in the car.

"Ray?"

"What?!"

"Want to try that response again? I mean, it's been what? Over four years now. Do you really think I can't read you like a book? What's wrong? What is this all about?" he asked, motioning down to her hands as they sat still fumbling with the buckle.

Looking down to where Channing's gaze was now focused, Reini realized what she was doing and quickly stopped. She loved the fact that she and Channing were so close that he knew what she was thinking or feeling without saying a word, but in this case, it was a double edged sword.

"Well?"

Letting out a heavy sigh, Reini said the first plausible thing she could think of. One that would work well enough to get Channing off her back, yet keep the actual reason for her tension under wraps.

"I'm just worried about how things are going to go with you tonight. I know you hate this stuff. The lifestyle, the people..."
Shaking his head, Channing quickly cut her off and placed his hand over hers as it one again began to play with the buckle.

"Ray. I may not be a big fan of Justin's or the lifestyle he leads, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go there and cause a scene either. I told you, if he means that much to you, I'll try my hardest to get along with him." he said, slightly making a face as he said it.

Giving him a questioning look, Reini let out another heavy sigh.

"See! That's what I mean. That's why I'm on edge!"

"I'm joking Ray! You have to loosen up. Have a drink when you get there. Hell have a few! Everything is going to be fine."

After giving her hand a light squeeze, Channing turned back around in his seat and adjusted the rear view mirror. Once they pulled out, Reini tried her best to relax her breathing. Tonight was going to be whatever she made it. It was all in her hands. She had to believe that, because if she didn't, she was surely going to crack under the pressure.

Continuing to drive, Channing initiated most of the conversation. Sure, she would contribute here and there, but once she answered his questions or laughed at his jokes, it was back to the stone cold stare down with the road ahead of her.
After some twenty minutes of driving through New York's busy city traffic, Channing finally arrived at Justin's penthouse and looked for the first open spot he could find to park.

"There! Four cars up." Reini shouted, quickly pointing out a spot that had just been vacated by a silver Cadillac Escalade.

"Ok, I see it!" Channing shouted back. "God Ray! What the hell is with you tonight!"

Letting her head fall back momentarily against the head rest, Reini knew that she had to pull herself together. Clearly she wasn't herself and if it was obvious to Channing, then it would be obvious to Justin as well and she definetly didn't want that to happen.

"You ready for this?" she asked taking a deep breath. Her eyes still focused on the road.

Giving her a worried look, Channing smoothed his hand over her's in a reassuring manner.

"C'mon Scrap. Its gonna be ok." he gave her hand a slight rub. "Look I told you I'm gonna play nice. I wouldn't put you in a bad situation.....you know that right?"

"Yeah, yeah I know." she forced a smile on her face. "C'mon lets go."

Sliding her hand away from his, she pushed her door open and let herself out of his car. Making her way to the sidewalk, she didn't bother waiting for Channing before she began to head toward the entrance of the large building. She didn't want him looking at her face. She hated the way that he could read her. She hated the hurt expression on his face when he knew she was hiding something from him.

Once he was out of the car, Channing jogged briskly to catch up with Reini. He knew that she was avoiding him, and he assumed it was because she was worried about what may happen between him and Justin. He didn't understand why his word didnt seem to be enough for her. Finally reaching her, Channing opened his mouth to attempt to reassure her again, but was promptly silenced.

"Don't." she put her hand up, not even turning around to look at him.

They knew eachother entirely too well.

Making their way into the building and up to the penthouse, Channing shoved his hands in his pockest, not really knowing what else to do at the moment. Things hand't been this uncomfortable between the two of them since.......ever.

The elevator ride up to Justin's penthouse seemed to take forever, the silence as they made the ride almost deafening for both occupants of the small space. When the bell sounded, alerting them that they had reached their destination, Reini let out an audible sigh and all but bolted through the doors as they opened. Channing trudged behind her, still unsure of how things between them had changed so drastically in such a short period of time.

By the time Channing entered the suite, Reini was already standing in front of the bar filling a glass. He shook his head as he watched her empty the small glass of it's contents before refilling it and taking up stance on a near by wall. A sullen look hanging over her delicat features.

Resting her small frame against the wall, Reini stared at one of the pieces of artwork that adorned Justin's walls and exhaled deeply. Everyone else at the party seemed to be enjoying themselves except her. Was she simply reading more in to Justin's reason for having Channing at the party or was it a case of her over active imagination getting the best of her.

Glancing down the hall, Reini saw Justin talking and laughing with a few of his close friends before disappearing in to the to the other room.

"Well at least someone is having a good time." she said to herself, taking another sip of her drink before heading down towards the kitchen.

Soon after Reini walked in to the kitchen, she felt someone walk up behind her. Wrapping his arms tightly around her waist, she assumed it was Justin and leaned her head back against his chest and sighed.

"What's wrong Reini? Not having a good time tonight?" he whispered in her ear, his voice deep and seductive.

Realizing it wasn't Justin, Reini immeadiately tried to free herself from JC's hold. Unfortunately, all he did was squeeze her tighter as he pulled her back against him.

"What are you doing JC. Let me go."

"Come on Reini. Be honest. You knew it was me the second I walked up behind you."

"No I didn't. I thought you were Justin." she said, fear quickly replacing the initial shock she first felt. "Now let me go."

"You know, when Justin told me you were a virgin, I thought he had to be out of his mind." he said, running the tips of his fingers just under the waistband of her jeans. "He seems convinced though that you are. Why don't you convince me Reini. Prove to me you're a virgin. I need to know you are worthy of being Justin's girl."

"Get off of me!" she yelled through gritted teeth, trying not to cause any attention to them.

"Relax baby. No one has to know." JC said, quickly walking her forward so that she was now pinned between him and the counter.

"Now where were we?" he said, slowly sliding his hand down between the restricting confines of her jeans and the soft warm flesh of her skin.

As complete fear flooded through every inch of her, she quickly placed her hands on the glistening marble surface in front of her and tried to push herself away from him.

"You're not going anywhere. Just quit fighting me and it'll be over before you know it." he said, sliding his hand down even further. "Obviously your reluctance at my presence behind you is misleading Ray. You seem to be quite excited with what is going on." he growled, sliding his middle finger down the soft folds of her flesh.

"JC, please! Stop!"

Feeling himself growing hard with excitement, JC pushed himself against her even more and continued to work his fingers gently against her. He knew this was his best friend's girlfriend and that he was crossing the line, but at that moment, all he could think about was how good she felt.

"So I guess he was right about you after all." he said, hesitantly removing his hand from her pants before kissing the back of her neck. "I can't wait to see what other surprises you have in store for us."

After slowly allowing Reini to slip from the space he had confined her to, JC's smile turned in to an evil smirk as he winked at her.

"Get away from me JC!" she screamed, pushing him back against the kitchen counter.

Hearing the commotion as he walked down the hall, Justin picked up the pace and headed in to the kitchen.

"Ray, what the hell is going on? I heard you yelling all the way across the house." he said, rather annoyed.

Although JC knew Reini wouldn't dare tell Justin what had just happened between the two of them, he didn't want to risk her giving off any bad vibe and quickly answered for her.

"Shes just a little moody. I mean, it's a party man and I was just trying to cheer her up. Guess she didn't want to hear it though."

"What's wrong with you tonight?" Justin asked, slamming his drink down on the counter before walking over to her.

"Maybe you should ask JC?!"

"Why ask me?!" JC spat back all defensively. "All I was doing was trying to help."

"Is that what you call it?" Reini scoffed, although she really didn't expect an answer or want one.

"Ray! Knock it off!" Justin yelled, grabbing her by her arm to get her under control.

"Hey, I'm sorry man. I didn't mean to cause any problems."

"You didn't." Justin said, sternly looking at Reini who was at a loss for words. "Now apologize to him."

"What?"

"Apologize."

Standing slightly behind Justin, JC cocked his head to the side and smiled at her. Clearly, she wasn't going to get anywhere trying to tell Justin what had just happened.

"Justin, wait."

"No, you wait! This is his home too Ray! Do you have any idea how disrespectful you're being?" he growled, quickly realizing that an audience was developing. "Let's go!"

Chapter End Notes:
 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin