It's been a few days since it happened, only leaving long enough to shower at the hotel and sometimes get a full night of sleep. The doctors come into the room and do an ultrasound on the baby. They take Sam's vitals as well. She moans, slowly moving her hand. "Owww," she complains, trying to touch her ribs to attempt to apply enough pressure to subside the pain like she's done before. "Is ma here?"

"She went to the hotel to sleep."

"Does she know?"

"Not yet. How are you feeling?"

"Achy all over," she groans.

"You got some major road rash, a shattered hand and who knows how many fractures. Oh, you had emergency surgery to repair your punctured lung and shattered hand."

"The baby?"

"Doing fine. Cassie rescheduled the remainder of the tour, we finish it in a year."

"Why so long?" she asks, wincing in pain when she adjusts herself to get comfortable.

I approach her bed and hand her the bed adjustment and call nurse remote, a thankful grimace appearing on her face. She takes the remote and adjusts the bed. "The label wants you to heal entirely from this and the baby."

"Thanks, Skuxx," she replies, a soft smile on her lips as her bed rising up the top of it with her body. Vikki calls my cell and I answer it, of course.

"Hey."

"How is she?"

"Hold on, someone here can explain it better to you." I pass it to Sam and she takes it.

"Hello?" She smiles. "When?" She has this this flash of pure excitement across her face, pain taking over a moment later. "Cool. No, it's alright. Yeah, I'm alright and I want to tell you something after a little while." Her hand rests on her belly. "I promise it's good news. Love you more, momma." She looks at me, handing me my phone back and relaxes a bit.

"What was that about?"

"Ma's gonna be here in a couple hours." I nod my head and sit down on the edge of the bed, Nick asleep on the hospital's convertible chair. She touches JC's unbroken hand with her cast covered one, calling his name. "Josh, wake up."

"Just a few more minutes," he sleepily grumbles and I cover my mouth with my hand, trying my hardest not to laugh. She tries to pinch him, but can't get her fingers to close enough. She motions for me to pinch him, which I oblige by reaching over her bed and roughly pinching the back of his uninjured hand. "Ow!" he exclaims, sitting up.

"Of course he gets up now." He looks at her, still in a sleepy fog. "Yeah, I'm awake, Joshua," she remarks, making a funny face when she says the last syllable of his name.

He hugs her as best as he can manage, trying not to hurt himself or her more than they already ache. "Do you remember anything from a few days ago?"

"We landed in Ireland, you called the hospital and I laughed. I remember everything before that, but it goes black after I laughed in the car. I remember excruciating pain after laughing, but nothing else."

That's better than not remembering anything a few weeks before, like the fact she's pregnant. The doctor knocks on the door and she tells him to answer. "It's good to be able to finally talk to you, Mrs. Chasez," Dr. Kaloni teases.

"I guess you could say I'm aware," she jokes.

"You still have your sense of humor," Chris retorts dryly, leaning on the door jamb.

"Stop being a sour puss," she warns him.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc jc lance