Author's Chapter Notes:
Vikki flies to Ireland to be kept in the dark about some... medical stuff...

Can the two of them just have a few years between one problem and another? She's had no luck and it's been one thing after another since Demitryus got sick. It's either been a fight with JC, someone getting sick, fighting with the record label, getting pregnant on tour again, and now this. We race to the hospital in the bus, her mom and Lonnie arriving just minutes before. Kenny rushing to the nearest ER, every one of us worried and scared out of our minds. Her mom is a train wreck. She's pacing from one end of the bus to the other, muttering that she should've stayed home because she had a feeling something like this would happen. I hang my head, holding it with both hands and begin to worry about the three lives hanging in the balance. "Vikki, it's not your fault that the jackass that rear ended them put them in the hospital," I tell her, pissed off at the douchebag who hit their car.

"But if I-" she begins before I cut her off.

"Stop it now," I demand, pointing at the floor of the bus. "You know as well as everyone else on the tour that you are not responsible for the car crash! It could've happened to any of us and I know for a fact that if she's the Sam we both know, she will be just fine. She's a fighter like you," I ramble, pulling Vikki into a warm embrace.

Once we arrive at the hospital, Vikki and I race off to find out where one of my cousins and her husband are located. We dart for the front desk, hoping this can help us find them. They were on the way here for their ultrasound and some asshole rear ended the car they were renting. "Joshua and Samantha Chasez, do you know where they are?" I demand, not giving the guy behind the counter a chance to do more than look at us and open his mouth once I come to a dead stop by bracing the counter.

"He's fine, just some minor injuries and she's in emergency surgery. She's been touch and go since she arrived."

"How do you know?" Vikki growls.

"The doctor that's taking care of her is my husband. It helps that I was informed that a Nick Carter and an Aaron Carter called and told us their whole tour crew would be here within an hour after they called the cousin her husband indicated. He does have a broken leg, fractured ribs and road rash on his upper body. He just allowed them to get a close look at him."

I put a hand up to signal Vikki to let it go. I smile warmly. "Thanks, but where are they?" I ask.

"We're worried sick," Aaron adds.

"They're two of our best friends," Chris contributes.

"If we lost one, the other would be a train wreck and we can't even begin to understand how to help the other cope," Justin explains.

"Especially if he loses her, it's worse than that because he truly loves her and does everything just to be there for her and have her do the same. They're there for each other because they love one another so much, they're raising five kids together," Vikki pours out her heart about them.

The black haired guy looks at me and I reply silently, a text from JC coming in when I shake my head no. "Which room? How do we get there?"

"ER room 15; just go down the hallway to your left and go through the doors at the end. I'll page her doctor and he'll be waiting just outside."

"Thanks!" I reply, leading everyone there.

I open the text from JC and read it, passing it to my brother as I run top speed for the door in front of me. "25/75 chance of surviving, but Sam should be just fine. JC has minor injuries."

"Et le bébé?" Cassie asks.

"Vingt-cinq pour cent de chances de survie," I reiterate.

"Et la maman?"

"Seventy-five percent survival."

"Meaning le bébé will a miracle if il parvient à survivre," Aaron sums up, hoping for the best.

"Ditto," everybody other than Vikki agrees.

"What are you talking about?" Vikki asks.

"Just how Sam is doing," Cassie covers for us, catching up to me and glares at me.

I nod quickly, agreeing. "She better pull through or I'll bring her back from the dead just to kill her," Vikki threatens.

"She's going to be fine," I argue.

 

I spot the doctor. "Dr. Hutcherson?"

"You must be Nick, Aaron, Vikki, Jaylyn,-" he begins, Cassie stops him to get to the point.

"Yes, I'm sure you know our names, but we're more concerned about our two friends than pleasantries."

"My apologies. Right this way. He's stable with a few fractures and broken bones. She's just gotten out of emergency surgery, we had to reinflate her left lung and remove a metal pole from her right shoulder. Her right hand is held together by metal plates and screws and poles. She has severe road rash from her shoulders down, she skidded over the road and came to a stop on the chain link fence about 250 feet away from the site when a second car hit them. Joshua was not only trying to get her off of the fence, but on the phone with emergency personnel. Her lip is split, she looks pretty banged up," he explains the entire time on the way up, my mind swirling with the information.

"Do you speak a second language?"

"Spanish and German," he confirms.

Cassie begins asking about the baby in Spanish, the expression on Vikki's face tells me she understood part of it. "Aaron, you take over in German, so Ikkivay doesn't know about the bopabopyop," I interrupt.

Cassie and my little brother nod, the younger of the two taking over the conversation. I understand the doctor say the baby has improved, earning itself a 80% survival rate. That's a really good sign. Sam has a 95% chance of survival and her prognosis is looking great. "That's great!" I exclaim, excited to hear those two are going to be fine.

"Keep in mind that she shouldn't do any extenuous activities for three to five weeks, considering her condition," he emphasizes for us on this tour.

"What condition?" Vikki asks.

"Her injuries," Chris fibs. Vikki nods, dropping the subject and believing it.

 

"She looks pretty bad, so expect her to look pretty beat up."

We enter the room and see JC sitting beside her on the bed, caressing her face with his uninjured hand. "Thanks for coming," JC softly addresses us. "They're saying she might have amnesia from as far back as when we left Africa until today, but it's a slim chance."

I sit beside her, Vikki and Aaron sitting by her feet. "Wake up, Sam." We're all trying to fight back tear and sobs.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc jc lance