Author's Chapter Notes:
What favor is repaid? What could happen to make things change?

I become such an airhead when I'm pregnant, but it's due to the hormones and I look at Nick. "Sounds about right to me," he agrees with Justin.

"Sorry, Justin."

"I should be used to it by now, between your pregnancy and Jessica's."

"And Cassie's," I remind him.

"Cassie has an elephant's memory no matter what, making her irrelevant to this whole discussion."

I shrug and leave the room, typing a note to myself on my Windows 13 phone and save it to recall that Justin has known since before I had announced it to even Josh. I call mom and smile, thinking of how to surprise her about the baby. "Hi, honey," she greets me.

My smile grows and I walk into my dressing room. "I miss you, ma."

"I miss you, too. I love you."

"Love you more. What if I buy you a plane ticket to see us in Ireland?"

"Are you sure?"

"I got it and you deserve it, I'm able to get you VIP status for the show as well."

"Did you confirm it with your management team?"

Cassie walks in and I mouth my mom coming to see us in Ireland, VIP access and all, which she gives me a thumbs up for. I mouth my thanks, Cassie waving it off. She motions a pregnant abdomen and I nod, her eyes getting wide. "Management told me it's fine for everything," I assure her.

Cassie holds her hand out for my phone and I give it to her. "Vikki, it's Cassie. Yes, you have the same access as she does. I'll even set it up. You remember

Lonnie, right? Ok, good. He's going to be the member of security to pick you up from the airport in Ireland and bring you to the arena. Yes, you will have the itinerary three days in advance. I'll make sure to email it to your Yahoo mailbox. You're welcome, Vikki. Here's your little grown up girl."

She holds out my cell and I take it from her, hugging her tightly and gratefully. I appreciate her going out of her way for my mom and I. She's been absolutely amazing to us since I've known her and I couldn't ask for a better friend and manager. She handles everything that has to do with my career, Usher cuts the checks to pay everyone and Josh co-handles me while writing and producing for me. Fatima has been a mind blowing and patient choreographer. This whole experience has been great.

Wade? I had to relieve him of his dance routine duties. I had a feeling he was attempting to get me in bed with him when he would try to stand behind me, far too close for comfort and I punched him in his face. Usher and Johnny grilled me in a meeting with Wade and his black eye, laughing when I looked at him after they pointed at his face. I tried like hell not to hit the floor, dying of laughter and lost after 15 seconds. Usher thought I'd lost my damn mind, but once Cassie explained what happened and what I'd done in the heat of the moment is when Wade was told to go home. Best part is that Cassie has it on video. Johnny and Usher held it together until he sped off the premises, then died laughing as well. "See?" I force out between chuckles, holding my sides.

"Wipe your face, Playette," Usher tells me, calming down from his hysterics.

Johnny wipes his face, sighing and looks at me before shaking his head. "You are more of a handful than the two groups and Aaron combined. Somehow, you're more amusing, though."

"With less backlash, might I add," I defend myself and they glance at one another and back at me before agreeing.

"No argument there."

"Of course not!" I shout.

"This is why you're Playette," Usher points out.

"You two don't get along like normal acts and managers, you get along like friends," Johnny observes with a grin.

"It's not my fault she can sing any song I've ever done and put me to shame all around, she even performs them better than I ever could," Usher confesses, giggles erupting from me as I sit at the table.

"Understandable. Who would you want to work with now that you're out of a choreographer?"

I consider this and smile, recalling someone Nick had said whipped him right into shape when he and The Boys first started. "Is Fatima still an option?"

"You want to pull Fatima Robinson out of her retirement?" Johnny and Usher say at the same exact time, shock taking over their minds and features.

"Sure, I'll give her 2 1/2 times what she got to help The Boys," I barter, aware Cassie could make it happen.

"I'm not sure that's entirely possible," Johnny claims, not knowing what Cassie could do.

"What aren't you sure of being possible?" my wonderful co-manager asks, entering the room.

"Getting Fatima to jump aboard as her choreographer," Usher informs her.

She glances at me and I signal 2 1/2, a broad smile encompassing her face. "I bet I could make it happen." She pulls her phone out and dials a number, smiling. "How are you doing? That's good. Yes, I'm redeeming that favor in place of the five you owe. See, JC's wife, Sam. Yes, her. Oh, you have? Oh, right. Well, he was, but he pushed personal boundaries and he has been relieved. I was wondering if you would be willing to choreograph her current tour, which she's willing to help you with the current routines, and any future tours and videos for her and JC?" She faces me and smiles, flashing a thumbs up. "She's willing to compensate with 2 1/2 times what you made when you choreographed for The Boys. How soon would you be able to make it?" She smiles as big as she had when she found out she and Nick were pregnant both times. "See you tomorrow morning at five." She turns to look at Usher and Johnny, their jaws on the floor and she waves her phone. "What about not being able to get her out of retirement?"

"How did you get her to agree?"

"She owed me some favors and the monetary compensation, plus getting to work on this tour and the rest of Sam and JC's tours convinced her. She enjoys working with Sam."

"Why didn't you call?" Johnny demands from me.

I shrug. "Isn't that a manager's job?"

He and Usher shake their heads, both smiling. "Touché, Playette," Usher comments.

 

It's now the day we land in Ireland and Lonnie stays behind at the airport to make sure my mom gets to me safely, considering that our fans know who she and the kids are and each time I have a get together like this set up is when I ask Lonnie for a favor. Lonnie won't tell me no, considering I'm just barely beginning to show. "When are you due again, little one?" Big Mike asks.

It's now November 17. Chris' birthday had been a calm get together and the kids had to go back to school two days after. They were all excited and they asked when we would be home, curious about whether we'd be back before it was time for the baby to come. We assured them we would be home a month or two before I was due. Josh and I head to the doctor's office in Dublin, calling on the way. Josh is letting me drive and he's scared of the other idiots on the road, not my driving skills due to this white shit on the roads. "Yes, this is Joshua Chasez and we have an appointment at 9:45 this morning. We are about fifteen minutes away. Our flight just came into town half an hour ago, I'm aware my wife and I will be early. Yes, Samantha Chasez is the patient. Thank you. Good-bye." I giggle. "What?" he demands, wanting to know why I laughed.

I feel the car jump forward, my head hitting the steering wheel and Josh's slams on the dashboard. My head bounces off the window and I hear the sound of glass cracking, everything going black from the pain overtaking my body.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc jc lance