I watch her sing with JC on stage, 'Is You Feelin' Me?' and the song he recorded with Blaque, 'Bring It All To Me'. Yes, she got permission to re-record it with him and it's all handled. She's doing what she loves with everyone she loves. She has female dancers on stage, dancing with her and JC is doing the same with her male dancers. Their bit ends soon and I get ready to go, knowing I'm after the next 'hacking issue'.


The lights dim and I get into position behind the curtain in the middle of the steps, ready to go. "Now, I have a sur-sur-sur," the video skips, making me smirk. 

"I'm back," Brent's digitized voice informs everyone. 

"Again?" she whines, clicking away like a mad woman. 

"Won't-easy-this time," he warns. 

"I really do apologize," she tells everyone. "I like this song, it was so much fun to redo." I hear 'Beautiful Lie' begin. 

"I’m gone

The ground is shaking under

Feels like the world

May all come crashing down

Now your words

And sorrys have no meaning

Baby, you lied," she sings, taking over the stage and audience as I watch as she dances to the beat and signifying the words. 

"You turned it on

Wasn’t my imagination

Everybody knows

That you’ve been running round

So dumb

Let you play with my emotions

Baby, you lied," I belt out, approaching her as 'upset' as I can portray. 

"If this isn’t love

What did I feel inside?

If this is love

How could you look in my eyes?

Cause my heart is breakin’, not falling this time

This can’t be love now I know

You’re a beautiful lie

It’s just a beautiful lie," we harmonize, dancing together. 

"So cold

Had me wrapped around your finger

Part of a show

Like a puppet on a string

How could I know

I was just another victim?

Baby, you lied," she sings, making most of the words visual with my occasional vocal input. 

"If this isn’t love

What did I feel inside?

If this is love

How could you look in my eyes?

Cause my heart is breakin’, not falling this time

This can’t be love now I know

You’re a beautiful lie

Just a beautiful lie," we repeat, perfectly mixing our voices. 

"I can’t stay when I keep falling apart

I won’t be here, waiting lost in the dark

Now I know it’s time to let go

And I won’t take this anymore

I don’t wanna be lonely, but I can’t take no more

I won't be lonely

You’re just a heartache, baby

I’m out that door," I inform the audience, making the visuals known with her singing her parts from the bottom of her heart and diaphragm as we alternate lines. 

"Cause my heart is breakin’, not falling this time

This can’t be love now I know

It's just a beautiful lie

It's just a beautiful lie

It's just a beautiful lie

Just a beautiful lie

Cause my heart is breakin’, not falling this time

This can’t be love now I know

It’s just a beautiful lie," we finish, across the stage from one another and she falls to her knees for dramatics alone with her face in her hands. 

 

I've let her use 'I Need You Tonight' and 'Heaven In Your Eyes', which she does more justice than I EVER could. "I have to be totally honest, Nick is such a good person with a kind heart that he let me use his songs and butcher them so badly," she explains, claiming she can't sing. 

"Are you kidding me?!" I shout, giving her a crazy look. "Alright." I turn to the audience and lift the mic to my mouth again. "I need you to scream as loud as you can if you think she can sing!" I demand, holding the mic out for them to know to make as much noise as they possibly can and they get out of control loud. "Right, you can't sing and I'm Reptar!"

She giggles. "Hi, Reptar!"

I shake my head. I catch her making a funny face at me and make one back. "I love you, little cousin," I remind her. 

"I hate you," she says, feigning anger. 

We start 'Funny Face' and she really gets into it, attaching me to cables near the end so I'm lifted off the stage. "Punk!" I shout, turning my mic off for the moment. 

 

We rotate out the rest of the show, Aaron's parts closer to the end. She got Mariah, Britney, Christina, Usher and a bunch of other artists to record their parts months ago for this tour because she had recorded with them. She pulls a disappearing act,

Aaron coming onto the stage for the final song. "Have you seen, Lil Breanna?" The audience points to a trap door and he looks, finding it empty. 

"You don't have swag, AC," she teases. 

"It took me 'One More Night' to get Dawn," he replies, looking at either side of the stage. 

"Thought you knew why she said 'I Ain't Gonna Take No More' back then," she reminds him. 

"Where are you?" he demands. 

"Watching you," she quips, pulling her tank top over her head and darting for the trap door behind him by the edge of the stage. 

"Creepy," he stage whispers. 

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" she loudly laughs, popping out of the stage and he plays like she scared him with his hand over his heart.  After those songs and intros, they come off the stage. JC hugs her, she's dripping sweat and breathing heavy from busting her ass up there with about ten or fifteen different artists in a couple ways. 

We showered and went to a restaurant in the neighborhood of JC's house in Winter Park. Aaron and I are filming our parts in the warehouse *NSYNC used for 'Tearin' Up My Heart' in the morning, flying out after and she doesn't have a show for the next two days. She sits down, having showered and changed. The place is mostly deserted and we only see security around, not counting the two sets of teens. I see both sets of them whispering. "I think they might be fans or watched the show," I tell her, shifting my eyes at both groups of teens. She groans, just wanting to eat like normal people and drops her head onto her folded arms on the table top.

"Just wanna eat," she grumbles, a teenage boy of 19 approaches us and pulls a chair over. She looks at him, exhausted and really hungry. She somehow smiles weakly at him. "Hi."

"Are you Lil Breanna?" he inquires and her eyes quickly cut to me, my orbs telling her to play nice because it can further her career or destroy her. 

"Yes, I am," she honestly informs him. 

"I think your show tonight was amazing," he tells her. 

"Thank you," she says, smiling. 

"I'm Greg and that's Percy, my childhood friend," he informs us. She gets an excited look on her face as she looks at the door, popping straight up and I spin around to find her brother-in-law Tyler coming over with the biggest coolatta for her. I smirk and shake my head.

"Sorry," she quickly apologizes, snatching her coffee from the tray. She got the only coolatta from Dunkin's. "Coffee, how I missed you!" she exclaims, taking a HUGE gulp of it and her fan laughs. "I really am sorry. Nearly four hours on stage, a two hour drive and I've been up with my and Josh's five babies since five in the morning. I'm exhausted and I'll admit I'm very much appreciative of the support from the fans, but I'm tired. Coffee helps, it helps soooooo much."

"It's alright," he chuckles. "Percy and I drove to see the show and we understand." He pulls out a laminated ticket and two commemorative badges. "Would you sign these?"

"Who do I make them out to?"

"Percy and I would like the passes for us and I promised my girlfriend who has been sick with the chicken pox I'd get something for her. She was supposed to come," he requests and she rapidly signs them. 

"Write her address down in my notebook and I'll see what I can do. How bad is her case?" she inquires, digging out and pushing a fine tip Sharpie and her travel notebook toward him from her mini book bag. 

"She's almost done the antibiotic, tonight was the final dose."

He jots her address down and hugs her, walking over to his friend with his prizes in hand. 

The girls did approach us to say hi and thank us for a fantastic time, confessing they loved how involved the spectators had been able to be. We get in the bus and Sam looks at us. "I don't like that look," I state, forming a cross with my fingers and backing into the couch. 

She laughs. "It's just that I feel the need to do something nice for Greg's girlfriend, maybe stop in." 

She and JC look at one another and he sighs. "I'm glad we have security." She grins cheesily, bouncing in her seat and clapping her hands excitedly. We drive to the girl's address, it being in a decent part of town and she and JC get off the bus with Lonnie in tow.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc jc lance