I hear Porn Star Dancing playing softly from Mikal's room and I catch him being silly for Bri, who he's been dating for the last month. I pull my cell phone out and tape the funny footage, Bri laughing harder when she sees me recording it. I know that Sam said I can post this if I want to, but I want this to be a family and friends sort of memory and one for us to keep between us all. I know Joey's fine with it being posted for us and the fans, but I think it'd be funnier to embarass him with later when he's in his senoir year of high school or in college.

Mikal turns around and smiles at me, continuing his goofy dance for show without caring that this might become blackmail at some point in his life. He may be Autistic, but he doesn't let it hinder him and he's learned to use it to his advantage to improve his intelligence about the mechanics and technological properties of everything around him. He's young enough to be a child, but he's smart enough to fix almost anything that we have in our daily lives and things we use on a daily basis. I know that if someone pisses me off and I can get my hands on anything electronic of theirs, Mikal would gladly destroy it with a virus of some sort without a second thought to it in less than 5 minutes. He did it to my ex-fiancee for cheating on me and not even caring to tell me, I had to find out via his e-mail. I had to find out that he had gotten her pregnant 7 months earlier and that she was due in just under a month from when I found out and I gave him 4 years of my life, Mikal heard about it which resulted in a BSoD (Blue Screen of Death) virus on his computer.

"You're such a ham," I tell him and he just smirks, pulling Bri to her feet as a slower song comes on.

I need you, boo

Gotta see you, boo

Those opening lyrics bring a pang of heartache, memories attached. I know they don't mean to hurt me, but it doesn't help me heal and Mikal comes over to hug me. I end the recording and hug him back, knowing he's more than aware of the pain I feel at this moment. "You're prettier when you smile, Titi."

"Thanks, Mikal." His compliments always bring a smile to the receipiant's face and that's his only purpose for giving one, he wants to make that person's bad day better. I have to remember that I'm in a better place than I've been in a long time, Sam and JC have taken me in and the only thing they ask is to help them with the kids and house. They give me free meals and board, total freedom and I have all the numbers to their friends and close family just in case I need a break and they plan on being gone for more than a couple days. Aaron has been nothing short of sweet and patient, a shoulder for me to lean on and a friend to depend on when I need one. Aaron hasn't even asked for his chance and it's been more than a year since I left Massachusetts, his heart in the right place while his desires are on the back burner to focus on my meotional and mental well-being. I cried for more than 3 months and hardly left my room right after it happened, Aaron right beside me. He held me while I cried, encouraged me to venture out and to just live how I saw fit. Sure, we've gone out to the movies and dinner together, gone to carnivals and he's done it just to see me smile and hear me laugh. He helped me get back to who I really am. He's what every girl could want and I have him beside me, not even seeing what I had until I just watched Mikal and Bri.

Mikal walks back over to her and they settle in to watch a movie together, cuddled up against the wall as her head rests on his thigh. He's 14 with a girlfriend, Aaliyah has no interest in boys and Demitryus is all about the normal 9 year old boy things. I lean on the door frame with a smirk on my face as I think about accepting Aaron's dinner date for tonight at Koi, a nice Japanese restaurant in the local area. "What's on your mind, D?" he asks me, causing me to jump.

"We should go to Koi. I need to talk to you alone."

He looks scared as I turn to come face to face with him. "Is something wrong, D?"

I lightly giggle. "No, A. I just wanna talk to you."

"Good kinda talk?"

"Guess you could call it that," I hint walking away to begin getting ready. "Could you get in touch with Justin and Chris to keep an eye on the kids so we can go out while I get ready to go?"

Later that evening at Koi...

"That was hysterical!" I muse, giggling at the memory of the video of Nick getting silly stringed.

"I know," he admits, smirking. He's quiet for a moment, pushing his sugar snap peas across his plate. "What was it you wanted to talk to me about?"

"Aaron, I was thinking today and I know you've been by my side since my heartbreak and I can't thank you enough for doing that. I also came to realize that you've never once taken advantage of me during the healing process and I know that we like each other, your focus having been for my well-being. I guess I'm wondering if you still want anything from me?"

He looks up from his plate and shock is written all over his face, even in his eyes. "In the back of my mind there's a voice screaming at me to grow some balls and ask you out already, but my heart was calmly telling me to patiently wait for you to tell or show me that you're ready to move on and say that you'd be willing to give me some of your time." I flash an encouraging grin with soft undertones to it. He takes a small breath and smiles back at me. "You wouldn't happen to be willing to be mine, would you?" he asks, sliding his hand across the table to put it over mine with an expectant look to him as he anxiously shifts in his seat.

"Of course not," I reply, nodding my head and his laughter rings softly in my ears.

"I think is when I should kiss you, if you're okay with that, Dawn."

"I guess I could live with that."

We walk back in the house barely before JC and Sam return from their own date night. They started having date nights to rekindle their passionate fire that had dwindled while they had been concerned with Demitryus' condition. He's been home for about 4 months and their nuptuals are in two weeks, something that Demitryus has been ranting on and on about for the past 2 months and he's gotten better since Christmas. He's well enough to not need the breathing monitor, but still not enough to go back to school yet. He has been sleeping less and walking around the first floor of the house for the past few weeks with minimal assistance, almost back to his norm. Aaron and I snuggled up to watch an LA Lakers game, cheering on our own teams when they enter the house. They think nothing of this scene until they hear us kis, dismissing it with a quick 'nah'. I laugh when I hear No Sex In The Champagne Room, Aaron's ringtone for his brother and he answers when I try to stifle my laughter. "What's up?" He talks for a few minutes, hanging up and tossing the device to the other end of the couch. Before I can even figure out what the noise coming from Sam and JC's room is, Aaron nudges me. "Maybe we should finish watching this in your room?" he suggests.

"Sure," I agree, pulling my shoulders up and letting them drop.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc jc lance