Author's Chapter Notes:
Once again, you guys are amazing with your reviews! So glad that to many of you are enjoying this, I am certainly enjoying writing it! I’m a little wary about this one. Not sure how you guys will react, but I appreciate all reviews and comments, so please read and review! J
Melanie took off down the hall.

She needed to see the one person who understood her, the one person she was scared to death of letting in and the one person she feared had already fought his way in.

Melanie stopped right in front of his classroom.

She hesitated a mid second before knocking lightly on his door.

“Come in.” She heard him call out.

Melanie opened his door, walked in, and gently shut it behind her.

“Melanie,” He said surprised. The smile instantly fell from his face and was replaced by worry when he saw her tear filled face. “What’s wrong?”

“I um…” Melanie swallowed roughly. “I have a free period.”

Chris’s frown deepened. That wasn’t an answer. “So do I.”

Suddenly Melanie launched herself into his arms and gripped him tightly, burying her face into his chest.

Chris’s arms instantly wrapped around her shaking form, but his expression was confused and still very concerned. “Melanie? What is it, Kiddo?”

“Don’t.” Melanie choked out as she cried stormily into his chest. “Please, don’t tell me that this is wrong or inappropriate or that I’m being a total drama queen or whatever.”

“Okay, okay.” Chris said soothingly as he held on to her a little bit tighter. If she needed to be held than that is exactly what he would do. "It's alright, Sweetheart."

“You said that I needed to let somebody in and as much I hate it, I think you’re it. So, can you…can you please just hold on to me and not let go?” Melanie hiccupped against him as she held on for dear life. “Can you please just not let go?” She whispered.

“Of course.” Chris said gently without hesitation. In the state that she was in, he would've promised her anything. He would've promised her anything in the entire world to make her pain stop. “I won’t let go of you Sweetheart, I promise.’

He wasn’t sure what had hurt her so bad to send her running to him for comfort, but he was thankful that she had to come to him. He was thankful she was opening up to him. He wanted to help her so badly. It was scaring him how much he cared for her. He was determined not to cross that line, he’d never cross that line. He was going to be her friend and if after graduation he still felt this strongly for her, than he’d tell her. He wasn’t going to take advantage of her, he’d never hurt her like that.

“I’m here, Melanie.” Chris gently whispered, his hand reaching up to gently hold her head. “Everything’s going to be alright. I’m here and I won’t let go of you.”

Melanie whimpered against him as her tiny fist clutched his shirt even tighter in her grip. “Thank you.” She weakly whispered.

Chris gently stroked her hair. “I won’t abandon you. Ever.” He fiercely promised her.

Melanie pulled back and looked at him aghast. What in the hell was he doing promising her that? “Don’t! You can’t…you can’t promise me that! What are you doing promising me something that you know you're gonna end up breaking?”

Chris gently brushed a strand of hair out of her eyes. “I can keep this promise.”

Melanie shook her head furiously. She was furious. She was furious at him for making her need him to the point where she’d run to him when she was this upset and she was furious at him for making fake shit promises that he was no doubt going to be taking back the minute she was no longer here. “You don’t know that! What about when I’m gone?! What about when I’m no longer your student, Chris?!” She shoved against his chest angrily. “What about when I’m no longer in this school or when it’s the weekend even?! You can’t--”

“I can!” Chris interrupted her, framing her face in his hands. He needed her to believe him. “I don’t make promises I can’t keep, Sweetheart. I can keep this promise. I am here, Melanie. Even if we’re not…even if I’m not here in this class room, I’m still here ya know?”

Melanie looked at him stunned and amazed. Tears streamed down her cheeks.

“I’m here.” Chris firmly repeated, still gently holding her face and wipes away her fallen tears. “I will never abandon you, Melanie. I am here.”

Melanie tearily smiled at him as she reached out and touched his face in awe. No one had ever looked at her this way before and made her promises with such raw honesty.

“You’re here.” A half laugh, half sob escaped her. All of this was still so unbelievable to her. If anyone were to ever ask Melanie Chasez years later, she would tell them that this right here, right now was the specific moment she fell for Chris Kirkpatrick and fell hard.  “No one’s ever…”

Suddenly Melanie crashes her lips to Chris’s, kissing him intensely and desperately.

Chris stiffens at first in both surprise and knowing that this was wrong no matter how right that it felt. His brain told him to push her away right now and stop this but the moment her tongue slides into his mouth, he instantly responds.

The attraction and the care he felt for her completely overrides his head. He grips her hips, pulling her closer to him. His hand reaches up and tangles in her hair.

He pulls her with him as he falls back into one of the chairs, his lips never leaving hers.

Melanie grinds herself against Chris’s growing hardness.

Chris groaned, as he gripped her body to his even tighter.

God, he wanted her. He wanted her now. He wanted to come inside her and feel her warm heat all around him.

His hand reached up inside her shirt, cupping her soft breasts in his hand.

“Chris,” Melanie moaned.

“God, Baby…” Chris looks up into her passion filled eyes and an intense wave of guilt comes over him.

What in the hell was he doing?!

His eyes scanned the atmosphere around them.

This was his classroom.

The same classroom that he taught in every single day and here he was about to fuck…no. He shook his head. He couldn’t associate that crude word with the intense feelings that he felt for Melanie. He was falling for her. He almost made love to her…

A student.

He wanted and he almost made love to a seventeen year old student right here in his class room and the worst part was, he wouldn’t have been able to regret it.

He didn’t regret it.

Chris looked back into Melanie’s desperate and unsure eyes as he realized that she must or would soon be having a wake up call herself about what almost transpired between them.

Christ, what am I doing?
  Chris thought to himself ashamed.

Melanie had come on to him clear as day the way she had kissed him, but he should have known better.

Melanie was young and vulnerable. She was a seventeen year old child for Christ’s sake. She’d come in here…she’d come to him distraught and in need of comfort. She needed a friend. She needed someone to hold on to her. She had not needed some perverted older guy taking complete advantage of her the way he’d just done.

For the millionth time he asked himself, What is wrong with me?! Just moments earlier I’d swore that I’d never do this and than I go and almost do it?!

He felt Melanie’s lips pressed against his neck and her hand was working the buttons on his shirt.

Chris had completely come back to his senses and was painfully aware of how wrong this was despite how good and how right that it felt. He gently pushed against her. “Melanie.” His voice was gentle yet urgent at the same time.

Melanie was so caught up in how much she wanted this man that his voice and his hands pushing against her weren’t registering. She placed her lips against his and she felt Chris seize her by the shoulders, completely pulling away from her lips. He forcefully held her a few inches away from him, so that there was actual space and actual distance between them.

“Mel, we have to stop. I’m so sorry, but we can’t do this, okay?” Chris was gentle and his eyes grew pained at the devastation he saw in her eyes.

“Oh God.” Melanie’s eyes were filled with horror as he immediately got up off of his lap and straightened her shirt.

What was wrong with her?! This guy was her teacher for crying out loud. He was just trying to be her friend, he’d probably felt sorry for her and she goes and takes that as an invitation to throw herself at him like some kind of whore? What must he think of her?

Melanie’s entire head was filled with self deprecating thoughts. Chris's reaction was like a slap in the face, but it was also the reality check that she’d needed. She needed to stop wanting him, stop letting him in. Now was the time to shut him out and shut him completely. He was never…there was no future for them.

“Ch--” Melanie breaks off, realizing she needed to set things back to their proper order. “Mr K…”

Chris shook his head, pained at the barriers that she was putting back up between them. She was letting him in and than he ruined it. Why did he let her kiss him? Why did he kiss her back? Why didn’t he push her away? What in the hell had he been thinking?  “Melanie, please. You don’t have to…”

“Yes, I do!” Melanie interrupted him strongly. “My God.” She shook her head, utterly disgusted and ashamed of herself…of her actions. “What you must think of me…”

“Melanie, no.” Chris said sharply. He refused to let her take any of the blame and put herself down. He was the adult here. He should’ve pushed her away. “This isn’t your fault. I don’t think less of you. I could never.”

Melanie looked at him in disbelief. “How could you not?!” She cried out. “I kissed you! I…I almost had sex with you! You! My teacher!” Melanie held her head in her hands. “If you hadn’t pushed me away…”

“I did though.” Chris pointed out. “ I did push you away and this…” He motioned between them. “what almost happened here isn’t all on you. I kissed you back. I pulled you on top of me…”

“I don’t need a replay!” Melanie shouted. “I was there!”

Chris sighed. “So was I. My point is I was here with you. I almost…I almost crossed a serious line and I am so sorry. It would’ve been the biggest mistake of my life to have---”

Melanie cut him off, unable to hear him tell her what a mistake she almost was to him. “You know what? We don’t have to rehash this or make a big deal.” She grabbed her things and headed for the door. “I won’t tell anyone. You don’t have to worry. I won’t let what almost happened between us ruin your life or your career.”

The last thing Chris wanted was for Melanie to leave here thinking that she was some kind of mistake to him. He’d wanted her, he’d wanted her badly. Making love to her wouldn’t have been the mistake. The mistake would’ve been taking advantage of her vulnerability and hurting her. He knew he should let her go, but his heart couldn’t bare the thought of her believing that he thought she was a mistake.

Chris battled between his heart and his head for a few moments. He saw her hand touch the door knob and he quickly rushed over to her. He couldn’t let her leave this way. His heart had won out.

Chris’s hand gently covered Melanie’s.

“Melanie, please wait.” Chris said gently. “That didn’t come out right. You would not have been the mistake, being with you would not have been the mistake. The mistake would have been hurting you.”

Melanie shook her head. “I almost ruined your career.”

“I don’t…I care about you, Melanie.” Chris said softly and truthfully. “I care about you.”

Melanie’s eyes were pained as she shook her head. “Chris, I’m not worth it.”

Melanie pulled her hand out of is caring grasp and ran from the room, her mouth covered with her hand as tears streamed down her face.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: school jc justin chris