Chapter 5

Over the next couple of weeks Zoë kept herself busy looking for a job.  She’d submitted several applications, and had gotten a few call backs for interviews.  But then Chris took her over to Universal and introduced her to a few friends he had over there.

He got her a job working as a cast member in one of the productions there.  Zoë, was ecstatic.  This was what she enjoyed.  It was her dream, even if it wasn’t a movie, it was still acting.  Of coarse it was only part time, and her roll was very small, but she had to start somewhere.  And this job was way better than some boring office job.  And she was making better money than she would have in some office job as well.  So it was perfect for her.  She was content.

In her time off she hung out with JC when he was free, and spent time exploring the city.  Joey, introduced her to his girlfriend Kelly, and they became fast friends.  And she also spent a day at Universal’s Islands of Adventure with Justin, which of coarse JC wasn’t thrilled about, but didn’t want to make a big deal out of it because he knew that Zoë would get ticked off at him.

It was after that, that JC decided to sit down and have a talk with Justin and explain why he got so upset.  He explained it to Justin as he was worried about her.  She was lonely, and Justin was a big flirt.  JC, was concerned that Zoë would take Justin the wrong way and get hung up on him, and then when Justin would tell her he didn’t feel the same way she’d be heartbroken.  And he didn’t want her to lose anyone else right now.  At least not feel like she had.

Justin, took JC’s concerns into consideration and assured him it was nothing more than friendship and he would make sure he didn’t lead Zoë on in the least.  They were just friends and enjoyed hanging out with each other.  And Justin also felt the need to remind JC that he was with Britney and loved her dearly and would never do anything to jeopardize their relationship.

After their little talk things were a lot better.  JC, didn’t mind Zoë and Justin hanging out.  He noticed a difference in the way Justin acted towards her and was happy with it.  So he was cool with their friendship from that point on.

Then the guys had to head out to Vegas for the Billboard Music Awards.  They tried to talk Zoë into going with them, but she refused.  Said she didn’t want to be in the middle of all those crazy photographers and reporters.  The guys accepted her refusal, only after they begged her separately a million times.

So the guys flew off to Vegas for a few days.  After they were gone Zoë regretted not going with them.  She was bored out of her mind, being in that large house all by herself.  But she kept herself busy between work and hanging out with Kelly, and a few new people she’d met at work.


Christmas was approaching quickly.  And Zoe was going to fly up to Chicago with JC to spend Christmas with his family.  She was trying hard not to think about her parents, but it was really hard for her.  Christmas, had always been her mother’s favorite Holiday.

Zoe, and Kelly went off to the mall a week before Christmas to finish up their Christmas shopping.  Zoë, was trying to figure out what to get JC’s Mom and Dad for Christmas.  She’d already gotten JC’s, Heather’s, and Tyler’s gifts.  And Kelly, was still picking up some of Joey’s gifts and gifts for his family as well.

So they spent a couple hours in the mall looking around until they finally found what they were looking for.

On their way out of the mall a teenage girl recognized Kelly, and before they knew it a swarm of girls were heading their direction.  Kelly, was really nervous about it because they had Brianna with them. So Zoë, decided to create a distraction so Kelly could make a fast getaway to the car.

She separated herself from Kelly and came up behind the girls and started going on and on about how Joey and Justin were in this store just a few stores down looking at CD’s.  So all the girls turned on their heels and headed in the other direction.  As soon as their attention was off her and looking for the guys she made her getaway before they’d rush her for lying.

When she got out to the car, Kelly already had all their bags put away and Brianna safely buckled in, so they took off, just as the girls were all coming out the front doors.  Kelly, busted up laughing when Zoë gave them all a evil grin and waved as they passed them.

When they got back to JC’s house and went inside the two were still joking and laughing about what had happened at the mall.  Joey and JC were watching TV in the living room and heard them going on and on in the entry way about some psycho fans at the mall.  Joey, immediately concerned about Kelly and Brianna jumped off the sofa and moved quickly into the other room to find out what was going on.

Then Kelly went into how Zoë fooled them away from her and Brianna so they could get to the car.  Joey, thanked her and gave her a big hug.  “Really, Joey it’s not that big of a deal.  All I did was distract them.” she, told him.

But Joey didn’t care, it was still very sweet of her to do something like that.  He knew if the fans would have caught up with her they could have taken their anger out on her for lying to them.  He’d seen some violent fans in the past and what they could do.  So he was just happy that they’d all made it back to the house safely, and then made Kelly agree to not going out again without security with her.


The following week Zoë found herself on a plane with JC, heading for Chicago to spend Christmas with his family.  She was really looking forward to seeing everyone.  She hadn’t seen them since her parent’s funeral.

When they landed at the airport Roy Chasez was waiting there to pick them up.  He rushed up to Zoë and gave her a big fatherly hug.  “It’s so good to see you Zoë, how are you holding up?” he, asked.

“I’m making it.” she, told him squeezing him back.

Mr. Chasez, then moved on to hug his son and ask how he was doing before they loaded their bags into the back of his car, and proceeded to head back to the Chasez family home.

Once, they pulled into the driveway Karen Chasez, along with Tyler and Heather rushed out the front door to greet them.  Hugs going all the way around.  Everyone making a huge fuss over Zoë, and asking her how she was.

She was so happy to be back in a loving family environment again.  Although, it saddened her at the same time.  It made her miss her family.

They all settled into the house sharing old stories of all the things they’d done before the Chasez’s had moved to Florida so many years ago so JC could be on the Mickey Mouse Club.  When it came time to prepare dinner, Zoë helped Karen in the kitchen.  She wanted to make herself useful.

After dinner and watching some TV, Zoë and Heather retreated to Heather’s room to get ready for bed.  The girls were going to bunk together.  They had been really close as well growing up.  So much like sisters, that in school they told people they were sisters once upon a time.

The girls got into a discussion as they were laying there, talking about the guy Heather was seeing.  And how college was treating her.  Zoë, went on to tell her about how things were going in Florida, and how JC and all the guys had been really nice to her and helped her out a lot.

She told Heather about her job and how much she loved it and how Chris had helped her get it.  And then their conversation drifted to a sadder note as Zoë, brought up how proud her parents would be of her.

She became overwhelmed with sadness.  She hadn’t let her mind think about them too much after getting to the Chasez’s home.  She was enjoying the family too much.  But all her thoughts caught up with her in that moment.  She began to cry, from the pain she felt inside of missing her parents.

Heather, climbed out of her twin bed and into the bed with Zoë and hugged her friend tight trying to comfort her.  “I know you miss them Zo, I miss them too.  They were great people.  But they are in a better place now.  And even though it’s hard for you, you have to find peace in that fact.  And find peace in the fact that even though you can’t see them, they’re always with you.  Everyday, everywhere!” she, whispered.

That just made Zoë cry more.  But not in a bad way.  She was sincerely moved by her friends words.

JC and Tyler were walking down the hallway to their rooms, when JC stopped.  He heard whimpering coming from the other side of Heather’s door.  He knocked softly and then opened the door and found Zoë curled up in Heather’s arms crying.  Tyler, looked at JC with concern, and JC turned back to Heather.  “Everything ok in here?” he, asked quietly.

“It’s fine.  I’ve got this, you guys go to bed.” Heather, told them shooing them away with one of her hands.

So the boys closed the door and continued on down the hallway, JC staring at the floor as he walked.  He was lost in thoughts of how sad Zoë looked all curled up in Heather’s arms crying.  His heart went out to her.

Tyler, spoke breaking into JC’s thoughts.  “Man, I feel so bad for her.  I wish there was something we could do.”

JC, smiled at his brother.  “I know what you mean.  I guess all we can do is just be there when she needs us.  God knows if I could take her pain away I would.  I’ve never seen her hurting so bad in all the years I’ve known her.”

“Me either.” Tyler, concluded.  “Well, I’ll see you in the morning.” he, said as he opened the door to his room.

“Yeah, goodnight Ty.” JC, said disappearing into his room.


The next morning JC stirred in bed.  It was early, but he could hear music blaring through the house.  He sat up and listened to the music.  It didn’t take long for him to recognize the music as that of the Temptations’ “Lean On Me”.

He climbed out of bed and threw his sweat pants on and a t-shirt and then entered the hallway just as Tyler and his parents were coming out of their rooms to the sound of the music.  They all looked at each other, as they heard voices singing along loudly to the music.

“Heather and Zoë!”  Tyler, said grinning.

So the four of them made their way to the stairs, and down them into the living room.  They stood in the doorway to the living room near where the Christmas tree was and watched the girls in amusement as they jumped around in their pajamas and pony tails, dancing like two little kids as they shouted out the words to the song.

Lean on me
When your not strong
And I’ll be your friend
I’ll help you carry on

Lean on me

For it wont be long
Till I’m gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Just call on me brother
When you need a hand
We all need somebody
To lean on

I just might have a problem
That you’d understand
We all need somebody
To lean on

Lean on me
When your not strong
I’ll be your friend
I’ll help carry on

For
Said it wont be long
Till I’m gonna need
Somebody to lean on

When Tyler’s favorite part came up he jumped into the room startling the girls at first and started belting out his favorite verse as loud as he could, as he danced around all crazy and the girls busted out laughing along with JC, Karen, and Roy.

We be jammon
We be jammon
Hey

We be jammon

We be jammon
We be jammon
Hey

We be jammon

JC, decided to get in on the action so he joined the other three overgrown kids as they danced around with each other finishing off the song.

Just call me
When you need a friend

Call me
Oh baby now

Call me
When you need a friend

Call me
(JC by himself) Ooooh baby

Call me
When you need a friend

When they were finished with the song they all collapsed into a fit of laughter on the floor.  “I wish I would have had my video camera ready for that.” Roy, said as he walked into the room laughing with Karen, and they sat down on the sofa to begin their Christmas.
 
 
 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love jealous drunksex roommates jc justin joey chris lance