Epilogue
 

( 2 Years Later )
 

Pam, walked up to the full length mirror and glanced at herself and then sighed.  “At least I’m not showing that bad yet.” she, said as she turned sideways to examine her slightly swelled stomach.

Zoë, looked up and smiled at her from the chair she was sitting in.  “You look beautiful.  The prettiest pregnant lady I’ve ever seen!  You‘ve got a wonderful glow about you.”

“Hey, hey now.  I’m not fishing for compliments here.  It’s your wedding day.  You’re the beautiful one.” she, laughed.

Zoë, turned in her vanity chair and looked at herself in the small mirror.  “This feel so weird, yet so perfect at the same time.  How is that possible?” she, asked.

Pam, walked up next to her and placed her hand on her shoulder.  “It feels weird because you never thought you’d be marrying JC.  But if feels perfect because you are.”

“Yeah that made a lot of sense!” Zoë, chuckled.

“I think it makes perfect sense.  You two were obviously destined to be together this way.  You’ve always loved each other.  And I think somewhere in the back of your minds you always knew you’d be together.  You just didn’t want to admit it.” she, grinned.

“I guess you’re right.  It’s just odd how things work out sometimes.” she, smiled up at Pam through the mirror.

Pam, watched her friends face as Zoë, glanced back at her reflection in the mirror.  She had a slight smile on her face.  Excitement in her eyes, yet sadness as well.  Pam, knew where the sadness was coming from.  Zoë, was upset because this was the biggest day of her life.  JC, had seen to it that she had the wedding of her dreams.  But there was one thing he couldn’t provide.  And that was her parents.

“Zo, I know what you’re thinking.  And it’s understandable.  But you just have to remember that they’re watching over you.  And even though you can’t see them, they’re here.  And when Mr. Chasez walks you down that isle in place of your father, you know your dad’s gonna be right there with you.”

Zoë, smiled at the thought.  “Yeah, I know.  It was really sweet of Roy to give me away.  I know my father would be happy that since he couldn’t be here to do, that he is.”

“That’s the spirit!” Pam, smiled.  “Now come on we gotta finish getting you ready it’s almost time.”
 



 

JC, stood beside his best man who he had chosen to be Lance.  Since it was him that had made JC come to a conclusion on his feelings for, Zoë.  And his other four Groomsmen.  Tyler, Justin, Joey, and Chris.

He was anxious.  He couldn’t wait to see how beautiful she looked.  Over the last two years their relationship had blossomed to unbelievable levels.  He never thought he could love someone as much as he loved her.  He couldn’t believe he was actually tying the knot so to speak.  Even the guys had joked with him.  “I never thought you’d be the first to get married.  You were always so damn picky.” Chris, had told him.  But here he was.  Standing before their family and friends.  And he was about to marry the woman of his dreams.  His soul mate.  The only girl that ever really mattered to him.  Zoë.

JC, was pulled from his thoughts, when he heard the soft music start to play.  He turned to Lance and the rest of the guys and they all gave him a warm supportive smile, and then turned their attention to the doors that were opening at the back of the large cathedral looking church.

Joey’s, heart filled with joy at the sight of his little Brianna, now 4 years old walking down the isle as the flower girl.  She looked so cute in her little frilly white dress.  He did a quick search for his brother Steve to make sure he was getting her on video tape, before turning his attention back to the doors.

Next came a small blonde boy, carrying a pillow as the ring bearer.  He was JC’s cousin’s son.  They didn’t know anyone else that could fill that slot, so JC had asked his cousin Jamie, if her son Brad could be the ring bearer.  And of coarse she said yes, and Brad was more than happy to play the role.

Then the Brides Maids began their entrance into the room.  Dressed in beautiful simple hunter green gowns.  First came Andrea, and then Julie.  They were friends of Zoë’s, from back in Maryland.  Then came Kelly, and then Heather, who was followed by Pam.  Who was wearing and identical dress as the other girls, only hers was a deep burgundy.

Once, the girls had reached the alter, the soft music died out, and then the wedding march began.

Zoë, took a deep breath and turned to look at Mr. Chasez who would be walking her down the isle and then giving her away.  He was like her father, he couldn’t replace him, but he had always been like a father to her.  When she had asked him if he would give her away, his face had lit up with such joy.  “It would be my honor!” he, had told her.

“Ok, kiddo!  It’s time!” Mr. Chasez, told her breaking her from the memories.  She smiled at him and linked her arm through his, and they began their decent into the room filled with their family and friends.

Zoë’s, eyes immediately locked on JC as they slowly made their way down the isle.  He was starring at her.  As was everyone else in the room as they stood watching her.  He looked so gorgeous, as his smile grew wider when his eyes set on her.
 



 

“C, she looks amazing!” Lance, said as he leaned over to JC.

“I know!  I’ve never seen anything so beautiful in all my life.” JC, said back not taking his eyes off of her.

As Zoë and Mr. Chasez came to the alter, JC took his place beside her.  The Pastor stepped forward and asked who was giving Zoë away.  Mr. Chasez spoke.  “Myself and my wife are giving Zoë away on behalf of her Mother and Father.”  He then raised Zoë’s vale and kissed her softly on her cheek.  He then turns to his son and shakes his hand before presenting Zoë to him,  and then took his seat next to Mrs. Chasez.

JC, and Zoë joined arms and walked slowly up the few steps to the top of the alter, joining the pastor.  Following his instructions they turned to each other and joined hands.  Starring into each others eyes.

The Pastor ran through the first portion of the ceremony until he came to the vows.  JC and Zoë had chosen to write their own vows, rather than going with the traditional ones.

“Josh, I’ve known you nearly all of my life.  Never in my wildest dreams, and you’re going to kill me for saying this in public, but it is my wedding day after all so I am entitled to be a little sappy.”

He gave her a questioning look.

She smiled at him and went on.  “Like I was saying, never in my wildest dreams did I think when we were children and playing house.” she smirked

JC, rolled his eyes, he knew he would never hear the end of this from the guys.

“Never did I think that the games we played when we were children would one day become a reality.  Although, I will admit that I couldn’t help but hope.  Somewhere in my heart I always knew that one day you would be my husband.  That you would be the one and only man that would ever truly hold my heart in your hands.  And here we are.  And you do.  I love you more than life it’s self.  With each breath I take, I take it for you.  With each step I make, I make it for you.  Everything I do is for you.  All of my love is for you, and only you.” she, finished as a single tear rolled down her cheek.

JC, starred into her eyes smiling.  He reached up and slowly, and gently wiped the tear away.

“Zoë, we have known each other since childhood, and though our journey to this day has been tough, I know that whatever comes will be better because we will tackle it together.”  JC, paused to wipe another tear away from Zoë’s face and smiled at her even more.

“You are my heart, my soul.  You are the first thing I think of when I wake up.  You are the last thing I dream about as I sleep.  You are never far from my thoughts and now you will never be far from my heart.  I truly treasure you.  You are a gift sent from heaven.  I am not just marrying a great woman, I am marrying my best friend, and my soul mate.”

And as he said those last words JC gave Zoë’s hands a little squeeze.  They smiled at each other.  Zoë’s, tears continuing to fall in happiness, as JC’s eyes filled with tears as well.  The Pastor continued with the rest of the ceremony, announcing them as husband and wife, and granted JC permission to finally kiss his bride.

JC, starred into Zoë’s eyes.  “My wife.” he, said with a proud smile as he leaned in to kiss her.

“My husband.” Zoë, smiled back as JC’s lips met hers in a soft, gentle loving kiss.

The church exploded into cheers and applause as the couple kissed, and then turned to the crowd.  “I present to you, Mr. and Mrs.  Joshua Chasez” the, Pastor announced.
 

THE END


Completed
grafixchic is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked That's What Friends Are For also liked 88 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love jealous drunksex roommates jc justin joey chris lance