Chapter 22
 

There stood, JC.  Decked out in a full suit.  Black slacks, white button up shirt, of coarse the top couple of buttons were left undone, and a black jacket that matched his pants.  He was absolutely gorgeous.  And he was smiling at her.

“Hi” was all that she could manage to say at the moment.

“Hi” he, said smiling back at her.  “You look amazing!”

Zoë, smiled.  “Well, you don’t look so bad yourself!  Actually, you look very, very, very handsome!”

“Why thank you!” he, laughed.  “So is my date for the evening ready?”

“Yes!  More than ready.  She’s been ready all freakin’ day.”

JC, laughed and then extended his hand to her.  She took it, and they exited the house.  JC, locked up behind her and then they made their way down to the driveway.  Zoë, had been so caught up in JC’s overwhelming appearance she hadn’t noticed the limo sitting in the driveway waiting on them.

“Josh, a limo?” she, did finally see it.

“Yes, of coarse.  This is a special evening.  It requires the finest things.” he, said as the driver opened the door and he helped Zoë inside, climbing in behind her.

“I’ve never been picked up for a date in a limo before.” she, said.

“Yeah, well I kinda knew that already.  That’s why I decided this time you should.” he, smiled.

The drive to the restaurant was rather quite.  The two were still trying to get over the other’s appearance.  Zoë, was completely baffled by JC’s gorgeousness.  And JC was amazed at how incredible Zoë looked.  He was very happy he’d suggested that she wear that dress again.

He’d only suggested it because Lance had mentioned to him, that she’d made a statement about probably never getting to wear it again, and since the evening JC had planned was so romantic.  And the place they were going was so elegant he figured that dress would be perfect.  And it was.

They pulled up in front of one of the finest restaurants in town.  Zoë, was in awe as they made their way through the beautiful restaurant.  She’d never seen anything like it before.  Huge exquisite chandeliers handing from the ceiling giving the restaurant that perfect romantic lighting.  Gorgeous paintings adorned the walls.  She just couldn’t even believe how breath taking the place was.

Zoë’s, attention quickly turned to confusion as they continued walking past the main dining room, down a small hallway and through a set of French doors.  But her confusion was quickly cleared up when she seen the single table that was set up in the middle of this small banquet room.  The table was covered with a beautiful lace table cloth.  And in the center of the table was a beautiful fresh flower centerpiece, that had a long single glowing candle sticking up from the middle.

The same chandeliers were located in this room, as in the main room which gave this room that same romantic vibe as the main room.  Only this was much better because of all the extras, JC had arranged.  And off to the side there was a small band playing soft flowing music.  ‘God, he thought of everything.’ she, thought.

JC, pulled out her chair for her to sit down and then took his seat across from her.  The waiter opened a bottle of the finest wine, and filled their glasses before excusing himself from the room while they overlooked their menus.

Once, the waiter was gone, JC looked over to Zoë.  He’d been watching her face the entire time and was extremely happy to see the pleased expressions that had passed over her face with each new surprise she had discovered in the room.  “So you like it?” he, asked.

“OH MY GOD, JOSH!  I LOVE IT!” she, said excitedly.  “Why did you wait so long again to ask me out?” she, teased.

“Because I was a fool, that’s why.  But my foolish days are over now.” he, said smiling back at her.

“Josh, thank you so much.  You’ll never know how much this means to me.  It’s perfect!  It couldn’t possibly get any better than this.” she, said whimsically to him.

He only smiled in return, and then glanced down at his menu.

A few minutes later the waiter returned to take their orders.  They each ordered what they’d chosen and then the waiter disappeared again through the double doors.

They sat talking quietly.  Mostly Zoë, praising JC for the beautiful evening he had presented her with. When their food arrived a short while later, they ate in almost complete silence.  Only commenting on the exquisite food that the restaurant had prepared.

Shortly after dinner in the middle of a conversation they were having, again Zoë speaking about how the night couldn’t possibly get any better.  JC, excused himself from the table to go to the restroom.

Zoë, sat there lost in thought about how perfect the night had been so far.  How sweet and romantic JC was being.  She could not get over the restaurant and how beautiful it was.  Never in her wildest dreams had she ever imagined she’d be sitting in an exquisite place like this.  And on top of that, she never imagined she’d be sitting there with, JC.  And on a date at that.

She thought back to all the crazy things they’d done as children.  And how many times over the years they’d talked on the phone about crazy flop dates she’d been on.  She remembered one night when she’d gotten home from a date.  Her mother had informed her that JC, had called that while she was out.  She had been out with Nathan Lewis that evening, and it had been horrible.  So when her mother had told her that Josh had called, she immediately called him on his cell phone.  Of coarse he asked her about her date.  And teased her a bit.  And when she’d told him about how awful it was, he’d asked her what her thoughts of a perfect date would be.

That was when she had told him her dream date.  That the guy would show up dressed nicely, and in a limo.  That he would take her to an incredibly romantic restaurant, that had live music playing in the background.  And there would be fresh flowers and candles on the table that was to be draped in a lace table cloth.  Taking in everything once again, Zoë quickly realized that JC had transferred her dream into a reality.  He’d remembered every last detail of their conversation.  And had fulfilled it.  With a few extra bonuses at that.

Zoë, was so caught up in her daze and thoughts she hadn’t realized that a few other people had entered the room, and taken up stance in front of the band that was located off to her right.  But when she heard his voice, say her name she was freed from her trance.

She slowly turned her head in the direction his voice came from, and seen JC standing in front of the band holding a microphone.  Along with Justin, Lance, Joey, and Chris.  She was a bit baffled, and wasn’t exactly sure what was going on.  She smiled at him inquisitively.

“Zoë, this is just something to truly let you know what you mean to me.  Listen to the words!” he, said and immediately the melody of the music began to echo through the room.

She starred at him intently with a smile on her face, and he smiled back at her as Justin started to sing the song.

You'll never know
What you've done for me
What your faith in me
Has done for my soul...

You'll never know
The gift you've given me..
I'll carry it with me (yeah...yeah...)

JC, starred into Zoë’s eyes as he sang.  Singing every word to her.  Meaning every word from the deepest depths of his heart.

Through the days ahead
I think of days before
You made me hope for something better (yes you did)
And made me reach for something more

You taught me to run
You taught me to fly
Helped me to free the me inside
Help me hear the music of my heart
Help me hear the music of my heart
You've opened my eyes
You've opened the door
To something I've never known before
And your love...
(love)
Is the music of my heart.. (music of my heart)

Zoë’s eyes grew big when she seen Gloria Estefan step forward from behind the guys and joined them in singing the song.

You were the one
Always on my side (always on my side)
Always standing by (always standing by)
Seeing me through

You were the song that always made me sing
I'm singing this for you
(singing this for you baby) JC sang pointing to Zoë

Everywhere I go
I think of where I've been (think of where I've been)
And of the one who knew me better
Than anyone ever will again

You taught me to run
You taught me to fly
Helped me to free the me inside
Help me hear the music of my heart
Help me hear the music of my heart
You've opened my eyes
You've opened the door (you opened the door)
To something I've never known before...
And your love...(your love)
Is the music of my heart
 

JC and Gloria walked closer to Zoë, as they sang the next verse.  JC, still starring Zoë.  “He is singing these words to me.” she, thought.

What you taught me
Only your love could ever teach me
You got through when no one could reach me
Ohh...ohh...ohh

Cause you always saw in me
All the best that I could be
It was you who set me free...

You taught me to run
You taught me to fly
Helped me to free the me inside (me inside)
Help me hear the music of my heart
Help me hear the music of my heart

You taught me to run
You taught me to fly
Helped me to free the me inside (me inside)
Help me hear the music of my heart (music of my heart)
Help me hear the music of my heart
You've opened my eyes
You've opened the door (opened the door)
To something I've never known before (never, never, felt before)
And your love...
Is the music of my heart..

Music of my heart
Music of my heart

JC, walked up to Zoë, as he belted out the last line of the song, and starred directly into her eyes.

Is the music of my heart...

As the music faded out, tears were now visibly running down Zoë’s face.  No one had ever done anything like that for her before.  JC, had an incredible voice.  And for him to get his friends who also had incredible voices to join him in singing a beautiful song, with such meaning like that to her made it even more special.  And to top it off.  There stood Gloria Estefan, not 10 feet in front of her.

Zoë, was completely overwhelmed.  She had done what he’d asked.  She’d listened to the words of the song.  And she completely understood the meaning he was trying to pass forth to her with it.  What a selection.  There couldn’t possibly have been a better selection for what he was trying to express.

JC, kneeled down before her and wiped away her tears.  “It wasn’t that bad was it?” he, teased.

“BAD?  Joshua, are you insane!  That was the most BEAUTIFUL thing anyone has ever done for me in my entire life!” she, said as more tears rushed down her face.

“Did you listen to the words?” he, asked still wiping away her tears as he starred into her eyes.

“Yes!  That song was perfect.  And before you say anything else, I want you to know that I feel the exact same way.  I love you with all of my heart.  I always have.  Maybe I didn’t realize it then, but you’ve always had my heart, Josh.  ALWAYS!  It’s always been you.  Every guy I’ve ever dated, they’ve always been compared to you.  And that’s why they didn’t last.  Because they weren’t you.” she, said tears still falling from her eyes.

JC, smiled at her.  His heart racing from her words.  He already knew that she loved him and felt the same way.  But to hear her say it.  And to say it like that.  And to know that she’d always compared all the other men in her life to him.  Well, it made him feel ten times better about what was happening.  This night couldn’t be more perfect.

“Zoë Nicole Grant, I love you more than anything in this world.  You’re in my blood.  You’re in my soul.  And you own my heart.” he, whispered.

Zoë, smiled as more tears raced down her face.  She went to wipe them away but JC stopped her.  “Don’t  you look incredibly beautiful right now.” he, said as he slowly leaned in and placed a soft, passionate kiss on her lips.
 

(Lyrics:  Music Of My Heart ~ Nsync & Gloria Estefan )
 
 
 
 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love jealous drunksex roommates jc justin joey chris lance