Story Notes:

You gave me quite the Secret Santa challenge, JSC_OutOfSync!  I hope you enjoy!!

 

Ignore the Awesome August, I got a little click happy and wasn't paying attention!

The kitchen was an organized mess, but the cookies for Santa were almost ready to be put in the oven.  As Jenny mixed the batter by hand, her three-year-old son Cole dropped in fistfuls of chocolate chips, sneaking some when he thought she wasn’t looking. 

“Well, what do you think Cole, is Santa going to like the cookies you’re making for him?” 

“I dunno, I need to taste.”  He looked up at her with chocolate smeared all over his face. 

She smiled and wiped a thumb over his cheek, trying to get rid of some of the mess.  “You do, huh?  I’ll let you have one spoonful, otherwise you’ll never get to sleep tonight and then Santa won’t come.”

“Kay,” Cole said as Jenny dipped a teaspoon into the bowl and handed it over.  Somehow, Cole ended up with as much cookie dough on his face and shirt as he did in his mouth. 

“How is it?”  She asked dipping her own finger in for a taste. 

Before Cole could answer, they heard a familiar voice.  “This looks like fun, am I missing the party?”  JC emerged from the garage; he had run out to get a mysterious last minute present.

“Daddy,” Cole squealed, holding out his arms to JC.  He knew better than to try jumping down on his own.  Both JC and Jenny had yelled the first few times he had tried it on his own.  But he liked being up where the action was and helping cook and bake, especially when he got to sample.

JC scooped Cole up in his arms tossing him in the air.  “Jace, if you make him sick…”  Jenny didn’t finish her thought, instead sticking her finger in her mouth to taste the chocolate chip cookie dough.  “Mmmm, good stuff, right Cole?”

Cole emphatically nodded his head and giggled as JC smacked a kiss on his cheek.  “Hmm…tastes good, but I’d better get another taste.”  He raised a brow in surprise as Jenny dipped her finger back in the bowl for another sample. 

JC placed Cole on the floor, who immediately ran out of the room.  JC eyes darkened as he parted his lips so Jenny could place the cookie dough in his mouth.  His hand grasped her wrist to hold it in place as he slowly closed his lips around her finger and sucked.  The dimple in her cheek showed her pleasure as she watched and experienced.  He cleaned every millimeter of her finger off before releasing the digit. 

He wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned down to taste again from her lips.  “Delicious,” he murmured against her lips.  “How long until he goes to bed?”

“Hmm…a long time, but you have to remember that Santa comes tonight and you know what that means don’t you?” 

“Umm, that we need to go to bed early so that Santa can come while we’re asleep?” 

“Nice thought, but I’m afraid not,” Jenny turned back to the cookie dough so she could start spooning it on the cookie sheets to bake as Cole came running back in and jumped at JC. 

Jenny loved watching father and son together.  Cole trusted that JC would never drop him and she knew JC would never betray that trust for either of them. 

“Can I open this?”  Cole showed JC the present he had in his hand. 

Before JC could answer, Jenny turned from the counter.  “Cole, we have talked about this, what did I tell you earlier?”

“To wait until after supper.”

“And have we eaten supper yet?”

“No.”  Cole looked longingly at the present that JC had taken from him and placed on the counter. 

“Then please take that present and put it back under the tree.  Why don’t you get out your blocks and build daddy the biggest tower ever.”

“Kay,” Cole squirmed to be put down so JC placed him on the floor and handed him the present from the counter. 

“What can I do to help?  What else needs done for tomorrow when everyone comes?”  He grabbed the spoon she had just set on the counter and licked it. 

She slid the cookie sheet into the oven and turned on the timer.  “Actually, if you would entertain the little one for a while, maybe give him his bath, I could finish up in here.  If you could distract him for an hour or so, I’ll have everything ready for lunch tomorrow and Santa’s cookies will be done.”

“Absolutely, I love bath time.” 

With a twinkle in her eye, Jenny laughed, “You just like to play with the boats.”

“It’s not all about the boats,” JC said quietly as his cheeks reddened. 

“Oh, that’s right, you guys have art time too, don’t you?”  Jenny referred to the new washable paints that JC had brought home several days ago.  Her two ‘men’ created masterpieces on the walls of the tub as Cole bathed.  “I think it’s cute.”  She wrapped her arms around his waist.  “And it’s extremely sexy, you –” 

A large crash followed by a bloodcurdling scream interrupted the couple. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc christmas