Author's Chapter Notes:
Your wish has been granted - another update!  haha  Thanks so much for reading and reviewing!!  Keep it up!

Justin watched JC closely as he spoke, trying to see if JC was even paying attention.  “So, I think that if we add more bass in that second verse the aliens will come in from outer space and play with the dinosaurs since I’ll be elected the king of the world and you will be my puppet doing whatever I tell you to do.  By the way, can you loan me your broom since the Hogwarts Express is getting ready to take off and we will miss our fight with Voldemort?”

JC became aware of a long pause so he looked up into Justin’s questioning face.  Suddenly, he realized that Justin had asked him a question.  “Oh sure man, no problem.  That sounds good to me.”

Justin burst out laughing at his response.  Trying to gain control of himself, he glanced at his watch.  Still laughing, “C, you’ve got it bad, let’s go grab something to eat.  We can talk about how soon you are going to head back to Florida.”

“Something is wrong, J.  I haven’t heard from her since I left.  We parted on a good note – a really good note actually.”  JC’s mind drifted to a far off place while he recalled the hours they had spent together before he had ripped himself out of her arms.  He licked his lips at the thought of her taste…his nostrils flared at just the thought of her intoxicating scent…his eyes darkened as he pictured her as he left her – standing at the door to the garage, dressed in only a button down shirt of his.  The shirt barely covering the silky skin of her –

“Let’s go C, I don’t even want to know where your mind was going right there.” 

Mentally shaking himself, JC once again checked his phone as he meekly followed Justin out of the studio.  First thing tomorrow morning, he would be on a flight back to Florida to see what was going on with his wife. 

***

After grabbing a bite to eat while Justin did his best to distract JC, the pair left the restaurant to head back to the studio.  Justin agreed that he would work on the song while JC straightened everything out with Liz.  After everything was back in order on that front, JC would be back in LA – with Liz in tow.

The two pop stars pasted on smiles as they left the restaurant, quickly signing their names on the receipts and other various pieces of paper people shoved at them and posing for a couple of pictures.  More often than not though, phones were pulled out and pictures snapped randomly. 

Their bodyguards ushered them quickly into the waiting SUV before a television crew could get closer and ask for an interview.  The long ride back to the studio passed quickly.  JC was more relaxed now that he had a plan and would have Liz in his arms tomorrow. 

He held the studio’s lobby door open for Justin to enter first, letting it close softly behind him.  Their footsteps were the only sound in the lobby until they passed the security guard’s office.  JC ducked his head in to the office to let them know they were back, but before he could say anything, his attention was diverted to the television. 

“Hey Justin, they will be talking about us after the break.  What do you want to bet it’s about the restaurant and that we didn’t do an interview with that crew?”  He turned to the security guard.  “Can you turn it up, please?”

The commercials ended and the anchors from E! news appeared on the screen.  “Is there trouble in paradise already?”  A candid shot of JC and Liz showed behind the anchor.  “We broke the news of JC Chasez’s marriage just yesterday and no one was more surprised when Chasez, former member of the international pop group NSYNC and current judge on America’s Best Dance Crew, married than us.  It was a whirlwind courtship for the couple who eloped just before Christmas, not even inviting their families to the wedding.  Neither JC, his new wife Liz, nor his management have been very vocal about the marriage and we have to wonder why.  Could their brief marriage be on the rocks?  JC is currently working here in LA with former bandmate Justin Timberlake while his wife, Liz, remains in Orlando.  I want to warn you…this next footage will be graphic.”

The next silent video they had playing in the background caused Justin to forcibly hold JC up as he clutched desperately to the desk in front of him trying not to collapse.  “This is footage from earlier in the day.  JC’s wife Liz was involved in a serious car accident today about 1 p.m. Eastern time.  She was taken to Memorial Hospital in an Orlando suburb, close to where the couple resides.  The hospital spokesperson will only say that she is in critical condition.  For such a newly married couple, you would think that JC would be at Liz’s bedside...But take a look at these pictures taken not even an hour ago from right here in LA.”

Several still shots and a brief video of JC and Justin were featured prominently while they signed autographs in front of the restaurant.  One picture showed JC laughing at Justin as they climbed in the car.  “Not much concern coming from husband JC.  We will be following this story closely and will keep you updated.” 

Justin was already on his phone calling for a private jet to be ready to fly JC back to Florida as soon as they could get to the airport.  He had to keep a restraining arm around JC to stop him from taking off on his own.  As soon as Justin was off the phone, the two headed out at a jog with JC berating himself.  As soon as the car doors were closed and the car speeding down the highway, JC took a deep breath and scrubbed at his face with his hands. 

“I knew that something was wrong.  I told you that this morning – that I had a bad feeling.  I never should have left Liz back in Florida.”

“C!  Even if she had been with you here instead of Florida, a car accident can still happen.  How many close calls have we had?”

“But, I’ve had this bad feeling all week since I haven’t been able to get a hold of her.  I knew that something was wrong.  I just didn’t think it was serious enough to head back to Florida.  I was going to head back in the morning and we were going to have a long talk about why she hasn’t returned my calls.”  He turned to look at Justin with sadness in his eyes.  “Even before we met, if I left her a message, she would call back within a couple of hours.  I don’t understand why this time is different.  There is something else going on.  I will get to the bottom of this.” 

JC rocked forward as if that motion could get the car moving faster.  It was almost 11 p.m. Eastern time so Liz had been alone for 10 hours wondering where he was and why he hadn’t called or even come. 

But he could call the hospital.  The entertainment anchors had given the name of the hospital so he quickly looked the number up on his phone.  Impatiently he listened to the options before he pressed the information desk option. 

“I’m trying to get an update on Liz Chasez.”

“I’m sorry, sir, we can only release that information to family.  There are media packets available in the lobby.”  A dial tone pulsed in JC’s ear and he pulled the phone away incredulously. 

A look of fierce determination crossed his face and he dialed once more.  Hearing the same woman’s voice come over the line, JC’s voice turned hard.  “Do not hang up on me again or I swear I will sue your hospital until it has to shut its doors.  I need information on my wife, Liz Chasez.  I’m JC Chasez and I also want to know why I had to learn about the accident on Entertainment Tonight instead of from you.”

“I’m – I’m sorry, sir.  Let me put you through to the hospital administrator.”

“No – I want to talk to Liz or her doctor, not some suit!”  But it was too late, the woman had put him on hold, not willing to risk the wrath of JC Chasez.

Using a little bit of charm, a lot of reasoning, and finally using all the power that his name stood for, he was finally able to be connected to the nurse’s desk. 

Sighing heavily when someone answered the phone, JC asked again for Liz.  “Look, I’ve been bounced around to so many people.  I just want to know how my wife is doing.”

“And who is your wife again?”

Closing his eyes and leaning his head back, he answered one more time.  “Liz Chasez.”

“Oh Mr. Chasez, we have been trying to get a hold of you all day.  Your wife is in critical condition, she is here in our critical care unit.  Her vitals are strong right now.  She has yet to regain consciousness from the accident, but her doctors are very hopeful that she will wake up soon.  She has a lot of bumps and bruises, and a broken wrist.  She did hit her head when in the accident, which is why she is still unconscious.  There were some internal injuries, but she came through surgery well.  The doctors are optimistic that she will make a full recovery.”  JC could hear an alarm in the background as the nurse rushed on, “Let me give you a code for your wife so that if you call again or if other family calls then you can get right to the information about her condition – 67292.  Now I’m sorry, we have an emergency.  Will you be arriving soon?”

“I’m leaving LA now, I’ll be there by morning.”

“Ok sir, I really need to go.”  And the soft click echoed in JC’s ear. 

JC looked at Justin with a shimmer in his eyes.  “She’s unconscious, broken wrist, had surgery, but they are optimistic that she will recover fully.”  He punched the seat in front of him.  “I should have been there with her – for her.  What the hell am I doing in LA?  We’ve been married a month and yet I haven’t seen my wife in days…And why?  All because my family was having a hard time dealing with it and I needed some time away.  What kind of man – husband – am I?”

“So now you step up, C, become the husband that you want to be.  Go back and be with your wife.  Fight for her and let her see that you will always be there for her.  I don’t know what’s been going on that you haven’t been able to get in touch but fix it, whatever, however you can.”

“Thanks J.”  JC hopped out of the car as soon as it came to a stop.  The engine of the plane was loud behind him as he stuck his head back in.  “Can you swing by and tell Heather what’s going on?”  Even as Justin was nodding his head, JC was backing away.  “Thanks man.”

Justin slid over to the window and lowered it yelling, “JC!”  JC turned and walked backward, listening.  “It’s going to turn out okay, I’ll be praying.”  JC lifted a hand and started up the steps. 

Justin waited until the plane was in the air before leaving.  There was something not quite right about the whole situation, but he would do as JC asked and let Heather know and get her on a flight east. 

He only hoped that Liz would be okay, he had only met her once, but JC apparently loved her so as he left the airport, Justin sent a fervent prayer heavenward that everything would work out okay.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: proposal marriedjc jc